Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 09:10 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,349,611 times

Advertisements

I hear Joe Biden gave his usual $5 annual donation early this year and Obama donated his 'gently used' underwear. Way to go, guys!

6,902 posts, read 7,560,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I hate to tell you this but there is another one just like it. I agree with your first sentence. Obama has been milking this situation since it first started but with our money. I think the private sector always does a better job with charity although the national guard, etc. is much needed. I think it should go back to the governors and they should not have to bow and plead with the federal government for help. Just keep the dollars in our states and let the states decide where they go.

"milking with our money"? Are you able to let go of your hatefullness long enough to realize the area's that were hardest hit were "tax payers areas?"

Did you also forget that MANY OF THE STATES ARE BROKE?

8,390 posts, read 11,661,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Never said Obama didn't care. YOU, of all people, I will NOT allow to put words in my mouth.
You agreed with the post, not me. No need for me to put words anywhere. "Romney is doing, while Obama is still talking".....yatta yatta........you agree with that then you didn't get what I said which is neither side deserves more or less praise for their attempt. It's gross to use this right now to praise one candidate over the other to me, so I said it.

If you are going to agree with a basher, then you are bashing. It's no difference if someone is doing it to Obama instead of Mitt. Same crap. If you don't care, fine. I find either tasteless. My opinion.

LOL, me of all people........do I have a reputation I'm unaware of?????

Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 AM

39,185 posts, read 51,552,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I read that whole article and I guess I don't understand the point. He changed a campaign rally into a donation effort and what? That's bad?

I'm sure he had a devious, underhanded motive when he closed Bain Capital and had all the employees go out on the street to find the missing daughter of one of the employees. I'm sure he was up to no good....somehow...
IT's like having a funeral and paying for mourners. A lot like that when you think about it...

Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,916,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
If Romney spent $5K for food at Walmart, he spent $10K on photographers taking shots of his campaign interns handing a jar of peanut butter to their boss LOL

The guy has no scruples.
Oh come on! The Romney campaign wouldn't stoop to that ... err, wait, the Romney campaign that is advised by the former Abramoff corruption group Hmmmm..

Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,322,830 times
Quote:
"Empty-handed supporters pled for entrance, with one woman asking, "What if we dropped off our donations up front?"
The volunteer gestured toward a pile of groceries conveniently stacked near the candidate. "Just grab something," he said.
Two teenage boys retrieved a jar of peanut butter each, and got in line. When it was their turn, they handed their "donations" to Romney. He took them, smiled, and offered an earnest "Thank you."
Thats not what you said.. You said they bought the food just so it could be donated back, not that someONE said they dropped off a donation up front..

Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,024,403 times
Hey guys seriously I see I've made some right wing posters mad. I'm sorry.

To make it up to you, I"m going to invite you to my Romney style birthday party.

Don't worry about a gift. The gift table will be located at the front door.

I purchased the gifts, all you need to do is hand one to me and say "I hope you like this, the receipt is in the box if it doesn't fit".

I'll say "Thank you, You shouldn't have!

Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
IT's like having a funeral and paying for mourners. A lot like that when you think about it...
not even close to the same thing..

Old 10-31-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Hey guys seriously I see I've made some right wing posters mad. I'm sorry.

To make it up to you, I"m going to invite you to my birthday party.

Don't worry about a gift. The gift table will be located at the front door.

I purchased the gifts, all you need to do is had it me and say "I hope you like this, the receipt is in the box if it doesn't fit".

I'll say "Thank you, You shouldn't have!
I'm not at all made that you're embarassing yourself like this.. In fact its providing me lots of humor while I wait for my programmer to finish work on my pc..

I'm embarassed for you that you would turn a donation, into something to ridicule...

Old 10-31-2012, 09:19 AM

46,449 posts, read 27,325,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You really didn't read the article, did you. Here's the thumbnail version: the Romney campaign bought a bunch of non-perishable goods, then handed them out at their rally to people who then handed those goods over to Romney so he could get his photo-ops. Sure, they spent a lot of money and bought a lot of goods to donate, BUT it was for self-serving purposes.
Glad to see that you are complaining just as bad as the OP, that someone is actually donating food...

So sad on the lefties part....

Until you can tell me the ratio of food that Romeny bought and that which was donated your little ignorant is useless, just like this entire thread.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections