Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 09:58 AM

25,867 posts, read 20,804,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So what happened to the food? The Red Cross won't take it because they don't do that sort of thing. Did it end up at a local food bank? While that would be fine, it would kill half of those righties who were at the rally to think that their donations went to moochers and takers at the food bank.
http://americablog.com/2012/10/red-c...cane-sand.html

Old 10-31-2012, 09:59 AM

39,955 posts, read 26,696,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Agreed. It is like using Faux News, the Blaze, or breitbart as a reliable source. It will get debunked.
Or BSNBC, The Huffington Post or NYT. Let alone Think Progress.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:59 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,024,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
It's okay if it helped him too. Most importantly, it helped people who really needed it. I'm all about helping other people who REALLY need it, so Mitt earned a few points in my book.
You'd have a point if he were advocating policies that helped people in a crisis.

He's actually working to end FEMA and for the States to take over.

Do you understand what poor Southern States would do to prepare for disasters? Not a damn thing.

Survival of the fittest. Dog-eat-Dog would be their strategy towards helping hurricane victims.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:00 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,650,291 times
Lightbulb lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Then we have this thread complaining because someone else gave their own money. I think churches do a much better job when it comes to charity.

As far as these people are concerned, I don't care who helps them as long as they get help. I mourn for them because we have been there and done that.
Romney created a photo op to exploit a Natural Disaster to benefit his political standing.

He's a faker.

Churches have neither the capacity, the infrastructure, the security know how or the logistics to manage large scale disasters. The Government and certain NGO's do.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:01 AM

79,219 posts, read 61,326,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icametodropbombs View Post
"Mitt Romney is sending the supplies he asked supporters to bring to his "non-political" campaign event today - to which Romney invited NASCAR driver Richard Petty - in the battleground state of Ohio, only to victims of Hurricane Sandy in swing states that the GOP candidate has a chance of winning: Virginia, North Carolina, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania - not the two areas hardest hit by Hurricane Sandy: New Jersey and New York."

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...12/10/30/52648

Just wow.
Based upon the quality of your thread and "source" you didn't come to drop bombs....you dropped a deuce.

Go change your underwear, the walk of shame....

Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,602,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Romney created a photo op to exploit a Natural Disaster to benefit his political standing.

He's a faker.

Churches have neither the capacity, the infrastructure, the security know how or the logistics to manage large scale disasters. The Government and certain NGO's do.
That is your opinion, and that of some of the lame stream media whom like to twist things around until they are finally caught in their lies.

And ya know what they say about opinions.....and maybe your's is the biggest one of all!

Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 AM

39,185 posts, read 51,552,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
This doesn't really mean anything to me as I'm not a Christian. Not all conservatives are, you know.

But good point, Mitt Romney has donated more to charity than most of us will earn in a lifetime. He started doing it before he ran for President. Now, you can assume he does it to glorify himself. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I do the same for Obama. I wish more of you lefties could do the same.
The question is not whether Romney is generous, is a nice guy or whatever. The question is whether this so-called relief rally was nothing more than a staged campaign event. The fact that he bought the "donations" and spread them on the table to make it look better leaves little doubt about that. The real question is about Mitt's fundamental honesty and that clearly is in focus once more.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:03 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,804,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icametodropbombs View Post
The fact is that the Red Cross doesnt accept just a bag of cans and clothes. Those things have to be sorted and cleaned, and accepting them violates the Red Cross policies. Now that Romney would bother to figrue that out. At least he has changed his tune and has asked people to donate money to the Red Cross.
There are other agencies that will accept canned goods, such as food pantries and others will accept clothing, blankets, toys for children, etc, such as the Salvation Army, which has Emergency Disaster Services. There are people who lost absolutely everything who need those items.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 AM

210 posts, read 270,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
There are other agencies that will accept canned goods, such as food pantries and others will accept clothing, blankets, toys for children, etc, such as the Salvation Army, which has Emergency Disaster Services. There are people who lost absolutely everything who need those items.
Agreed. Too bad Romney couldnt figure that out. Seems like some high paid consultant would have helped him there.... but again, at least they have changed to donating monies.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,756,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
In the link you posted the Red Cross said they were working with the Romney campaign to process those donations. Then the liberal blog claims they are "diverting staff" from people who need help. That's not what the Red Cross said. They said they are working with the Romney campaign. This is seriously pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections