Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 11:21 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,726,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
“Romney and his wife, Ann, gave 29.4 percent of their income to charity in 2011, donating $4,020,772 out of the $13,696,951 they took in. Obama and first lady Michelle Obama gave 21.8 percent of their income to charitable organizations last year, donating $172,130 out of the $789,674 they made.”

Romney definitely gave more (and at higher percentage). Of course Romney made 17 times more than Obama. The vast majority of what Romney gave went to the Mormon Church (80% of what he gave in 2009/10).

Romney

Ken
I have a feeling you're not aware enough to know Mormons donate incredible amounts to disaster areas. The difference between you and them is they don't talk about it. Never. Ever. Not a word.

Same goes for Mennonites. You never see or hear them, but you benefit tremendously if you're in need.

Now you know.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:21 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,024,403 times
So proud of the liberals and independents today rightly ripping this hypocrite Romney for holding phony, unwanted, can drives while advocating cutting disaster services.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:22 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,756,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Here are people from Tennessee taking care of their own. Part 2

How would you like to be one of these lucky citizens? Now imagine a full on disasaster
I felt really lucky to be a Tennessean during the our devastating flood. People brought us sandbags and helped us sandbag behind our house. When our house didn't flood, we started helping other people with their cleanups. Churches spent millions of dollars and sent thousands of dollars door to door helping people. Anderson Cooper said he had covered tons of natural disasters and never seen a response like the one in Nashville.

Every one should be lucky enough to live somewhere like this during a natural disaster.

Anderson Cooper's take on Nashville:
Quote:
"It's an incredible place," Cooper said earlier in the night on CNN in previewing his show. "I've never seen so many volunteers so quickly after a disaster, descending and helping out neighbors -- thousands of members of church groups and individuals who just come out. You see people in front of homes and you say, 'Is this your home?' They're like, 'No, I'm just here, I just came down here to help.' It's an incredible sight to see. It's a real testament to the spirit and strength of Nashville."
Baptist Press - CNN's Cooper: flood response 'incredible' - News with a Christian Perspective

FEMA called our local flood repsonse a "model for the nation." Good thing too, since it took Obama 5 days to declare it a disaster area:
After Floods, Nashville Proud Of Model Recovery : NPR

Old 10-31-2012, 11:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,322,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
So proud of the liberals and independents today rightly ripping this hypocrite Romney for holding phony, unwanted, can drives while advocating cutting disaster services.
Not nearly as proud in the fact that left wing kooks are putting their hate on display while most people scratch their head wondering why you needto ***** about everything Romney does, even when its good..

Old 10-31-2012, 11:27 AM

30,567 posts, read 23,982,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Any honest Republicans willing to join Chris Christie in acknowledging the hard work being done by the Obama administration?

*crickets*
Deflection.

Are you going to answer the OPs question?

Old 10-31-2012, 11:28 AM

46,450 posts, read 27,325,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am sure the donated items will do some good somewhere (assuming his staffers did not just help themselves to the stuff after the cameras left). The reason he held the event though, was to do Romney some good. We'll have to see how that pans out.
WOW.....how pathetic of you...that you would even think to say something like this...

Just true leftism, showing their true colors and their desperation.....

Keep throwing crap at the wall lefties.....nothing has stuck yet....

Old 10-31-2012, 11:28 AM

30,567 posts, read 23,982,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Are you equally dismayed by the threads attacking President Obama and the First Lady?
I didn't think so.
Another deflection. Are you going to answer the OP's question?

Old 10-31-2012, 11:29 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,916,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am sure the donated items will do some good somewhere (assuming his staffers did not just help themselves to the stuff after the cameras left). The reason he held the event though, was to do Romney some good. We'll have to see how that pans out.
Laying an egg comes to mind.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,916,388 times
The amount doesn't matter, but the gesture is good. He would have been much better off just doing that, instead of trying to pretend his political rally was a relief effort.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:34 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,470,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
How touching. Where was he during Katrina, the Joplin Tornado, the wildfires in texas and oklahoma, the drought.
conveniently missing.
and now, all of a sudden, he's such a good 'ol boy who really, really, really cares about America and Americans, such a bleeding heart.
What does willard want, a medal or a chest to pin it on?

I know, I know, you willardbots are going to say I'm not nice. oh well.
Well to be fair, he may not have publicized his donations to Katrina, Joplin, etc. and now he's been criticized for that but when he publicizes that he donated to Sandy relief efforts he's criticized as well. So honestly its a lose, lose situation for him. We, the American people, already expected him to donate because of his massive wealth; so him telling us he donated is not good for him but not telling us is as well. So I guess its better to announce that you've donated rather than being silent about it, especially when you're running for Presidency.

But anyways, any funds are needed. I suggest everyone to donate rather its $25 or $2500 dollars, donate. Not for political reasons either but just to help out especially conservatives since you guys believe the private system works far more efficient than public dollars.

DONATE, then give your self a pat on the back if you believe you deserve it.
American Red Cross | Disaster Relief, CPR Certification, Donate Blood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections