Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 12:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,339,801 times

Advertisements

So what we have here is $5,000 spent by the Romney campaign for the backdrop of a photo op. But, it's OK because we've had a natural disaster and the candidate gets to spend 10 minutes with his jeans on and his sleeves rolled up to show he'll be the guy we can all turn to and trust if he's elected and another horrible hurricane or earthquake or tornado devastates our country.

Ok. Got it. Hopefully all that stuff made it to the people who need it.

BTW: People better plan on donating BIG TIME if Romney gets elected and, as promised, does away with FEMA. Has Romney decided how many diapers will need to be collected to start re-building thousands of houses?

Old 10-31-2012, 12:25 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,924,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You just did. Epic Fail!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You just did
So did Romney. But that you must worship.

5,035 posts, read 9,263,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yep you don't get buy a photo op for $5K and advocate decimating funding for disaster relief.

Without being called on it.

Is this too complex for you? Individual donations are not nearly sufficient to help in a disaster.
No, individual donations alone are not sufficient to help in a major disaster. Yet, they do indeed help. We should all be grateful (yes, that includes you) there are those who are willing to step up to the plate.

Romney does not advocate decimating funding for disaster relief. Typical liberal spin.

Is this too complex for you??

3,393 posts, read 4,026,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Why did Romney choose to do his "hurricane relief" in Ohio? I have yet to see one plausible reason given for his choice of Ohio.

We all know the real reason, but I would like to see just one conservative at least attempt to offer up some feeble excuses. I guess Fox News hasn't told you what to think yet.
I thought he already had a campaign rally scheduled there and they just changed it to a donation rally. I'm pretty sure that's what happened. But, be honest, no matter what he did, you would say it is wrong.

By the way, I'm satisfied with Obama's handled of this storm. No complaints from me.

Last edited by Book Lover 21; 10-31-2012 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 PM

13,186 posts, read 15,024,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I'm emailing links of these threads to all my undecided voter friends. When they see how nasty and mean-spirited most Obama supporters are, I know it will give Romney a few more votes.
Oh yea ...LOL All of us know scores of undecided voters....LOL

[That's the funniest bluff I've heard all Year]

Please have them register in this forum. I'd love to come across and "undecided voter"....LOL

Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icametodropbombs View Post
"Mitt Romney is sending the supplies he asked supporters to bring to his "non-political" campaign event today - to which Romney invited NASCAR driver Richard Petty - in the battleground state of Ohio, only to victims of Hurricane Sandy in swing states that the GOP candidate has a chance of winning: Virginia, North Carolina, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania - not the two areas hardest hit by Hurricane Sandy: New Jersey and New York."

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...12/10/30/52648

Just wow.
not accurate, not legit and this thread is totally unnecessary...All you and a few like you (it is only a few) are doing is helping others to see how desparate and hateful you really are...

Old 10-31-2012, 12:28 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,263,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So what we have here is $5,000 spent by the Romney campaign for the backdrop of a photo op. But, it's OK because we've had a natural disaster and the candidate gets to spend 10 minutes with his jeans on and his sleeves rolled up to show he'll be the guy we can all turn to and trust if he's elected and another horrible hurricane or earthquake or tornado devastates our country.

Ok. Got it. Hopefully all that stuff made it to the people who need it.

BTW: People better plan on donating BIG TIME if Romney gets elected and, as promised, does away with FEMA. Has Romney decided how many diapers will need to be collected to start re-building thousands of houses?
Romney spent his own money for disaster relief, compared to Obama spending our taxpayer money for his photo-op.

More liberal spin. Romney said nothing about doing away with disaster relief funding. That is NOT synonymous with getting rid of FEMA.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:29 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,442,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyRedBow View Post
Funnily enough, he seems to only be concerned about the well-being of people in swing states:

Romney on storm aftermath: ‘People are hurting this morning’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The campaign announced they would load supplies into a campaign bus for delivery in Virginia, North Carolina, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania – all swing states impacted by the storm.

New Hampshire really stands out on that list. The state on that list closest to NH is Pennsylvania. Check out on a map how many states are between Pennsylvania and New Hampshire

Old 10-31-2012, 12:30 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,869,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
He sure comes acoss like the hypocrite the Bible talks about.

Folks, if you want to give, then give, and if you want to help, then help. Don't run around thumping your chest bragging about how you gave five bucks to charity.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,527,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Romney makes personal donation to Red Cross

Romney has donated personal $$$ to the Red Cross rather than just food. OK liberals, have at it.
Why do the racists think Willard is the only person to contribute to the American Red Cross, or that it's noteworthy? Because they though he wouldn't do such a thing? Interesting. He had do do something to avoid the mounting criticism of what he did yesterday. Shameful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections