Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 01:21 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,278 times

Advertisements

All willard gave was $5K ??
Heck, he bet rick perry $10K

Is willard gettin' cheap on giving assistance to agencies that need it? what a chump.

Mitt Romney bets Rick perry 10,000 dollars - YouTube

Old 10-31-2012, 01:21 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I'm WELL aware of that. I have FAMILY that are Mormon. That's why I'm aware that it's EXPECTED of Romney to donate. Mormons are very generous. Always have been and always will be. I have nothing against Mormons.

Ken
So then why are you spewing about Mormons giving to the church? Do you think it all goes for new robes for the choir, or something?

Another newsflash for the unawares: All Christians are EXPECTED to give up at least 10%.

You seem painfully ignorant of simple facts.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:24 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
To me it is not about Romney specifically. ANY politician, D or R, who is running for office and suddnely makes a big deal about how generous he/she is, would come across the same way. It's best to keep personal donations personal. That's all I'm saying. I don't see other GOP, or Dem politicians running around making a show about how much they are giving. They just write their checks and donate them, and leave it at that.
Are you saying Romney thumps his chest about his donations?

Show me.

You can't?

Didn't think so.

He is about the least likely person on earth to babble about charitable donations. It it weren't for braindead democrats making stupid assumptions about his tax returns, nobody would ever know a single thing about his donations to charity.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 PM

749 posts, read 838,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Don't be a sucker lol. It's like when McCain said he was going to cancel his campaign until the financial crisis issue was solved. It's the same thing why they hold babies or why they tell stories about how John Smith of Scranton held my buttcheeks and begged me for help, so I gave him $100.
Don't be a sucker?

Yet you vigorously support a guy in Obama who wrote the book on pandering for votes in basically the same manner, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Ok for him....not ok for Romney?

Any wonder why liberals are looked down on? haha

Old 10-31-2012, 01:27 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,974,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Oh, sure you are.... considering your thread headline is basically a lie!

Either you're letting yourself get fooled by left-wing propaganda, or you are part of it. Either way is shame on you.
If there was justice in the World. Obama will give Texas back it's share of FEMA funds in the form of a check with no stipulations. Rick Perry and the GOP will likely use the check to cut your taxes. Should a Hurricane hits the US, it will hit Houston, and all you smug right wingers can show us how it's done, Lord of The Flies style with no FEMA help.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:29 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Well this thread has been very educational. I already knew that libs were ..but this thread revealed just how vile, disgusting, hateful, slimy, arrogant, uneducated, nasty, thoughtless, jealous, and twisted they truly are.

Nice job of peeing on the carpet in front of everyone, libs. I almost feel sorry for true blue Democrats.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-31-2012 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: language

Old 10-31-2012, 01:31 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh aren't you the Mahatma Gandhi today? You may be OK with a man who advocates cutting disaster services (turning it over to the States will effectively do that) but I"m not. Nor do I need to sit here and praise a obvious campaign stunt. Done to help him execute his plan to get elected and begin his service cuts. And I voted for Jill Stein, and I would have voted for her if I lived in a swing State. That $5K that has you swooning with admiration was a trick designed to get gullible low IQ whites to vote against their own self interest. The whole plan including the donation is harmful to future victims, not helpful.

Indeed, compared to you I am Einstein. If you read my post you would have seen that I was not swooning about anything. I recognized that it was a campaign stunt, which I said is engaged in by all politicians. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of posters like yourself.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:34 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,525,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Let's see if I have the story straight:

At an event in Ohio, Mr. Romney changed the character of the event from a political stop to a storm relief stop, where people may drop off donations personally to Mr. Romney.

Mr. Romney's staff spent $5,000.00 at a Wal-Mart for peanut butter and other foodstuff, and placed it outside the tent containing Mr. Romney.

People stood in line to enter the tent to see Mr. Romney and to donate any items they may have brought with them.

If a person came to the event without anything to donate, they were allowed to pick up a jar of peanut butter (paid for by the Romney people), carry the jar of peanut butter into the tent, and hand over the peanut butter to Mr. Romney, who, being a gracious man, would say 'Thank you!' and pose for a photograph with the donor.

Now, many herein see no problem. They say "Mr. Romney nevertheless purchased $5,000 worth of food to donate to the relief effort". Others say, "It was a staged photo event for political purposes".

I say:

1. It does not bother me. Politicians stage events. Anyway, Mr. Romney's example may encourage others to donate.

2. If this story was exactly the same, but concerned President Obama, I believe that many of the posters herein, posting favorable posts on behalf of Mr. Romney, would have a apocalypic fit.

Meanwhile, those who have been blasting Mr. Romney, would praise Mr. Obama, saying that 'Hey, he donated $5,000!"

As Ned Kelly is alleged to have stated on the gallows, "Such is life".

Ok, this liberal would not have had too much of an issue, if Mittens did this:

This event had 0 campaign music, 0 campaign badges, and was held in a place that was a battleground state AND actually needed the help, like NC (OH got almost 0 damage and 0 deaths).

The goods were actually given to states that weren't "in play" as well as those that were "in play".

He actually just wrote out a check for 5k, instead of buying 5k worth of food and then giving it to supporters at this so called relief event, so they can "give" it to him.

He only did it in OH, since no GOP candidate has ever won the POTUS, without winning OH, which is just simple dumb luck, nothing more.

The guy is just a really out of touch sleazeball and I just hope I don't wake up to a bad dream on 11/7/12.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:34 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Are you saying Romney thumps his chest about his donations?

Show me.

You can't?

Didn't think so.

He is about the least likely person on earth to babble about charitable donations. It it weren't for braindead democrats making stupid assumptions about his tax returns, nobody would ever know a single thing about his donations to charity.
Ok, I call it grandstanding or photo-op, same difference, watch faux news tonite, you'll see, it'll probably be their top story.

Here's a start of faux news slamming liberal media, let the media wars begin:
Romney slammed by MSNBC's Mitchell for collecting storm supplies | Fox News

Old 10-31-2012, 01:35 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,323,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
So then why are you spewing about Mormons giving to the church? Do you think it all goes for new robes for the choir, or something?

Another newsflash for the unawares: All Christians are EXPECTED to give up at least 10%.

You seem painfully ignorant of simple facts.
Whats wrong with giving to the Mormon Church?

YOU'RE the one who seems to think there's something wrong with it.

It's just a statement of fact.

And NO - not "all Christians are EXPECTED to give up at least 10%". Tithing was an old testiment law and many churches today pay it no mind.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections