Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 03:24 PM

17,415 posts, read 12,044,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
ALL Presidents (even Republican ones) "live on the taxpayer's dime" - as do Governors (even Republican ones). Sound like you need a civics lesson.

And Obama didn't do those things. You and folks like you simply painted them that way. Just because you read it somewhere doesn't make it the truth.

State Farm® - State of Disbelief (French Model) - YouTube

Ken
Yes. Obama did those things. And a youtube video is hardly evidence that it's not true.

And I realize all presidents live on the taxpayer's dime, but NOT to the outrageous extent that these 2 shysters have. Cushy vacations with their entourage. Fancy dinners attended by celebrities. But hey, if you're ok with that, that's fine. I'm not, however.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:27 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,264,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

I'm not a liberal. I'm not even a commie.

I'm a citizen who thinks the American people deserve leaders who don't try and pull a fast one on people to get themselves positive press. Were the President to do this, I'd call him on it as well.

[i]Though right now Governor Christie has nothing but good things to say about Obama's leadership during all of this. And Romney has ignored questions from the press pool five times (as of yesterday) on whether or not he'd eliminate FEMA. Goodness knows who he's ignored tod
ay. Seems to me that if he's in favor of keeping FEMA he can stand up in front of all of us and tell us. Hundreds of thousands of people have been wiped out and we have a presidential candidate who won't pull up his jeans and tell us where he stands?
I don't care what you consider yourself, you're regurgitating liberal talking points.

That's just it. You did NOT call the President out on this.

Just this week Obama ignored questions from the press about Benghazi. It doesn't appear you have a problem with that. Double standard much?

Old 10-31-2012, 03:28 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,428,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yes. Obama did those things. And a youtube video is hardly evidence that it's not true.

And I realize all presidents live on the taxpayer's dime, but NOT to the outrageous extent that these 2 shysters have. Cushy vacations with their entourage. Fancy dinners attended by celebrities. But hey, if you're ok with that, that's fine. I'm not, however.
It didn't seem to bother you before...

"...Calls to several Presidential libraries reveal that President Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, was on vacation more — 1,020 days — than any U.S. President since Herbert Hoover and possibly more than any other President in history.

Even President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who was in office 12 years from 1933 to 1945, was on vacation less days than President Bush at 958 days. Calls to several Presidential Libraries reveal that no President can come close to Bush’s 1,020 days on vacation in an 8 year period. Even Lyndon Johnson, who spent 484 days at his ranch in Texas and at Camp David during his presidency, came in under Bush’s vacation time. Some claim the cost of Bush’s frequent trips to Crawford, Texas cost taxpayers upwards of $20 million, but the numbers are hard to confirm.

A recession started in 2001 as Bush took office after 22 million jobs were created during the Clinton Administration from 1993 to 2000. Bush began wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and presided over the loss of 4 million jobs. The debt when Bush left office was $10.6 trillion. In 2005, the Washington Post noted President Bush’s frequent vacations in a piece titled Vacationing Bush Poised to Set a Record as Bush took the longest single vacation — 5 weeks — of any President in 36 years.
..."

Obama's Vacations? Of Any President, Bush Racked Up the Most | Political News and Opinion from a Multicultural Point of View

Ken

Old 10-31-2012, 03:32 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,296,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Your mom's spaghetti is on your sweater. Go home and practice up because you've been chewed up and spit out and booed off stage.
Is that all you can do? Insult other posters?

Old 10-31-2012, 03:33 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,264,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
“Romney and his wife, Ann, gave 29.4 percent of their income to charity in 2011, donating $4,020,772 out of the $13,696,951 they took in. Obama and first lady Michelle Obama gave 21.8 percent of their income to charitable organizations last year, donating $172,130 out of the $789,674 they made.”

Romney definitely gave more (and at higher percentage). Of course Romney made 17 times more than Obama. The vast majority of what Romney gave went to the Mormon Church (80% of what he gave in 2009/10).

Romney

Ken
Ken,

It's all for show. Obama didn't start donating a larger percentage until he was under public scrutiny.

"From 2000 through 2004, the senator and his wife never gave more than $3,500 a year in charitable donations -- about 1 percent of their annual earnings. In 2005, however, that total jumped to $77,315 (4.7 percent of annual earnings), and to $60,307 in 2006 (6.1 percent)." [1]

Biden gave even less. Biden gave average of $369 to charity a year.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:38 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,296,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I fixed it for you.
I think changing in a quote what someone else has really said to suit your agenda is against the TOS.

Reported.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:39 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,271,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Where in the title of this thread are we discussing Obama and the First Lady?

You don't even know what "deflection" means...which is sad, considering how you do it a lot.

The only thing that saved your ass this time, and this far out in the thread, is that it looks like it was combined with another. But I'm sure I'll see you deflecting again and again in the future...libs don't like the tough questions.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/26747746-post505.html
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^

Is your ignoring facts. But as a lib, I forgive you.
Get it through your head that willard doesn't give a rats fart about Americans, he only cares about photo ops and his ego. Some GOP members can't stand him.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:40 PM

13,186 posts, read 15,025,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh trust me, you libs frothing at the mouth over this is most definitely got me thinking about casting my vote for Romney after all. Keep going.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass...LOL

Old 10-31-2012, 03:42 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,271,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I fixed it for you.
That's pretty low changing someone else's post like you did.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,936,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
That's pretty low changing someone else's post like you did.

It is also against the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections