Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 03:55 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,296,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
That's pretty low changing someone else's post like you did.
Yes, it is.

I did it once not long after I first joined City Data and I got in trouble for it.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:56 PM

16,785 posts, read 8,281,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Actually, the Red Cross is full of waste, fraud and abuse. So in reality, getting it right to the folks is a much better option. I know, it will cut into the execs outrageous salaries there, but they'll get by, I'm sure.
To me it seems sad that a man who wants to be Pres. as Mr Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney does, cant figure out a way to look like he has an original idea.

I suggest you need to check out what the Dole's (Elizabeth and Bob) think about the Red Cross and the work they do.
They are real conservatives.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,936,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinebar View Post
yes, it is.

I did it once not long after i first joined city data and i got in trouble for it.
iokiyar

Old 10-31-2012, 03:57 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,968,208 times
Default Romney's "prop" donations to Sandy

Quote:
But the last-minute nature of the call for donations left some in the campaign concerned that they would end up with an empty truck. So the night before the event, campaign aides went to a local Wal-Mart and spent $5,000 on granola bars, canned food, and diapers to put on display while they waited for donations to come in, according to one staffer. (The campaign confirmed that it "did donate supplies to the relief effort," but would not specify how much it spent.)
Quote:
As supporters lined up to greet the candidate, a young volunteer in a Romney/Ryan T-shirt stood near the tables, his hands cupped around his mouth, shouting, "You need a donation to get in line!"
Empty-handed supporters pled for entrance, with one woman asking, "What if we dropped off our donations up front?"

The volunteer gestured toward a pile of groceries conveniently stacked near the candidate. "Just grab something," he said.

Two teenage boys retrieved a jar of peanut butter each, and got in line. When it was their turn, they handed their "donations" to Romney. He took them, smiled, and offered an earnest "Thank you."
The Making Of Romney's Storm Relief Event

I appreciate Romney's effort, but like most things he does, there's something just not quite right about it.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
iokiyar
Ok......I'm going to admit that, while I know that's an abbreviation for SOMETHING, I don't have a clue what it is.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,345,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
I don't care what you consider yourself, you're regurgitating liberal talking points.

That word is always wielded as something horrible. You're a liberal! (Like it's a one way ticket to fire and eternal damnation.) Question: Since when did we all have to be uber-conservatives to be considered patriotic Americans who love our country?

Wait...... It was under Reagan, wasn't it?

Old 10-31-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
iokiyar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Ok......I'm going to admit that, while I know that's an abbreviation for SOMETHING, I don't have a clue what it is.
Hahaha

Thanks! And I agree.

(Couldn't rep you again yet.)

Old 10-31-2012, 05:23 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,997,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Another useless response!

Mitt did NOT, repeat to *******s that cannot understand common english, DID NOT ask supporters to donate goods! He asked them to help and provided a direct link to the Red Cross website to see what is needed and what is best to do.

I love how desperate the left is! You know your POS POTUS is going down and ya'll are grasping at every straw to try to reverse the situation.
Sorry, but it is true. Romney held a rally and everyone who attended had to bring a can of food as an entrance fee. I saw it with my own eyes on television. Now he is asking for monetary donations because the Red Cross can't deal with the canned goods and clothing coming in. FlipFlopney in action.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:30 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,316,407 times
Default Romney buys $5k of "Relief" goods for supporters to give back to him for photo-op "Relief" rally

This is the apolitical "Relief Rally" in OHIO where he showed his biographical video. How much of an out of touch, narcissistic opportunist can this guy be?

The Making Of Romney's Storm Relief Event

Quote:
A scramble to depoliticize a political campaign, and $5,000 in supplies from Wal-Mart. “Just grab something.”
A $5,000 Shopping Run to Walmart Turned Romney's Campaign Stop into a 'Relief Event' - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Quote:
Empty-handed supporters pled for entrance, with one woman asking, "What if we dropped off our donations up front?"

The volunteer gestured toward a pile of groceries conveniently stacked near the candidate. "Just grab something," he said.

Two teenage boys retrieved a jar of peanut butter each, and got in line. When it was their turn, they handed their "donations" to Romney. He took them, smiled, and offered an earnest "Thank you."

Old 10-31-2012, 05:41 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,816,430 times
Boy, this was a bad idea.

He should have stuck with the Red Cross donation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections