Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2012, 01:11 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,902,773 times

Advertisements

Lies about the auto industry and ethics charges... seems he was holding the auto bailout hostage in a vulture capitalist tactice where he profited $115 million... willing to put the US economy on the skids if he didn't make a fortune... that's why he doesn't want anyone to see his 2009 taxes...

doesn't sound too presidential to me

Old 11-01-2012, 01:16 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,235,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Are you serious?

Do you really think the president should have been loading Hamburger Helper and Pampers onto trucks instead of what he was doing - such as getting the really big help to the affected areas?

That was a joke question, wasn't it? Silly me - I almost fell for it.
It wasn't a joke question. Does he have blood running through his veins? Is he human?

Doesn't matter he's the POTUS IMO.

The agencies do all the work on one command by the POTUS (wow such time consuming work), he has the time if he wanted to. What happened, he can't multi-task?

If Romney was POTUS he would've been criticized with this discussion - and not maybe or no.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:19 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,968,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Logistics - you must be watching MSNBC, which ignored that Romney shipped the goods himself on his bus and rented trucks -- so there was no packaging nightmare for the Red Cross and the distribution center they were sent to said they welcomed the gifts.

MSNBC is worse than Fox when it comes to spin.
Certainly not worse than fox, since spin is not as bad as outright lies. In case you haven't noticed, MSNBC, Current TV, and other "liberal" media merely stand up to the Fox bully.
So you don't have a care about the phoniness of Romney - well okay, he's your guy no matter what. Handing out anti-Obama literature at a "charity event" where he is sure not to dirty his hands or break a sweat. Yes, a "severe conservative" for sure.
Some interesting numbers:
** A person making $8 per hour - slightly higher than the current $7.25 federal minimum wage (which republicans despise, since they want the "greedy" American worker to compete with the Chinese) would need to work for 1,301 years to earn Romney’s annual income.
** If Romney worked 40 hours a week for 50 weeks out of the year that would be 2,000 hours worked a year. $20 million divided by 2,000 comes out to $10,000 an hour.
Nice salary for working at a "charity event" alongside unpaid volunteers. Republican bliss.
Now neanderthal righties will accuse me of being "anti wealth" - but just use your brain a little bit and try to figure out my point.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:26 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,315,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Logistics - you must be watching MSNBC, which ignored that Romney shipped the goods himself on his bus and rented trucks -- so there was no packaging nightmare for the Red Cross and the distribution center they were sent to said they welcomed the gifts.

MSNBC is worse than Fox when it comes to spin.
It was actually the words from the Red Cross telling people not to take Romney's example and donate money instead. Did the Romney team travel to Jersey and hand the props they bought at WalMart out themselves too? It's not a swing state, so I doubt it.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:31 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,240,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
"0"bama went to NJ as a photo opportunity to play the part after almost 4 years in this highly visible catastrophe to portray to the drones that he's being presidential and for help to his possible re-election. He surely wasn't this when he sat there to see Americans die overseas.
You sound like a Right Wing Nut Job. Oh wait, you are one!

Quote:
You still didn't answer my question on why he can't do anything by himself to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy! Why can't he help load trucks like Romney did? Go ahead give me a BS response to this and try to slant me again of being an American.
No slant, just a straight shot to your anti-American skull. You are no American - you don't care for your fellow man. Pathetic.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:35 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,235,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You sound like a Right Wing Nut Job. Oh wait, you are one!

No slant, just a straight shot to your anti-American skull. You are no American - you don't care for your fellow man. Pathetic.
You speak like a mindless democrat drone to stoop to that low a response, in fact responses.

If 0bama wins re-election it'll be great to see you live in the new 3rd world USA.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:46 PM

15,822 posts, read 12,522,398 times
No photos of the donation actually being delivered to the Red Cross? Romney's event was in Ohio and "Romney's campaign told reporters that a Red Cross warehouse in New Jersey was accepting the donation." How did they get it there? Campaign staff spent over 6 hours driving to New Jersey? Why not load up at a closer Walmart?

"Think Progress reports that campaign aides reportedly went to a local Wal-Mart and bought up approximately $5,000 worth of similar 'donations' for display purposes. At the close of the event, Romney supporters lined up and began handing the supplies to Romney, and for a meet-and-greet.
Those supporters who arrived without donations, or who dropped off their donations elsewhere, were pointed to a pile of groceries that volunteers had stacked up close to Romney."

Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,867,286 times
I really wonder what the ultimate fate of that truck stuffed with "donations" was. Did no one track it to ensure its contents got to the people who needed it?

Old 11-01-2012, 03:01 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,240,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
You speak like a mindless democrat drone to stoop to that low a response, in fact responses.

If 0bama wins re-election it'll be great to see you live in the new 3rd world USA.
I am an Independent/Moderate (Centrist for you simple people). I am NOT Democrat or Liberal. Nice try though, sparky.

Again you're spelling the President's name wrong, its Obama with the letter O and NOT the number 0.

Christ - I thought conservatives had an education?

Old 11-01-2012, 03:10 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,271,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I am an Independent/Moderate (Centrist for you simple people). I am NOT Democrat or Liberal. Nice try though, sparky.

Again you're spelling the President's name wrong, its Obama with the letter O and NOT the number 0.

Christ - I thought conservatives had an education?
You'll get over it, I did.
The main reason the RWNJ's utilize the 0 is to try to make supporters of the president feel less than human beings, they believe it's cute, and adds creedence to their sick points of view.

Even though I disliked Dubya (43) I don't think other people who disliked him really hated him as much as they do this president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections