Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,900,704 times

Advertisements

the man is campaigning when the country needs to focus on the people in need. Our president is answering the call and working with states and even Chris Christie is praising the efforts of our President. Flip is just a Dbag. that will say and do anything if he thinks it will get him elected. this is anything but presidential.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:58 AM

29,250 posts, read 22,547,950 times
He had to do Something after trashing FEMA.
Once more, his alligator mouth ran away with his butterfly ass.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:04 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,549,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
"President Romney "? Did I miss the election?
Just the rights wishful thinking as Romney makes political points from the hurricane tragedy.
Back in my sporting days bragging about a win before you won it was a sure fire way to jinx yourself

Old 10-31-2012, 01:24 AM

31,384 posts, read 37,175,657 times
Default Hey Mitt Sending Food Is A Bad Idea! So Stop!

United Way:

DONATIONS OF FOOD, CLOTHING, MEDICINE ARE NOT HELPFUL
For the following reasons, well-intentioned and generous donations of food, clothing and medicine is not the appropriate way to help victims of natural or man-made disasters.

HUMANITARIAN AID IN TIMES OF DISASTER

The Red Cross, for which Romney is soliciting donations, doesn’t even accept goods. “Unfortunately, due to logistical constraints the Red Cross does not accept or solicit individual donations or collections of items. Items such as collected food, used clothing and shoes must be sorted, cleaned, repackaged and transported which impedes the valuable resources of money, time, and personnel,” the NGO’s website explains. With financial donations, they can buy exactly what is needed closer to the site, and it helps stimulate the local economy in the process.

As Stacy Palmer, the editor of the Chronicle of Philanthropy, explained to NPR last year after Japan’s tsunami, ”Lots of people coming in with lots of donated goods often, instead of helping, gets in the way of really efficient disaster recovery.”
Mitt Romney’s home state of Massachusetts takes an even tougher stance. “Donated goods and volunteers that are not specifically needed in a disaster area can hurt more than help. Well-intentioned but ill-conceived shipments of goods and volunteers to an area impacted by a disaster can actually cause a ‘secondary’ disaster, in spite of the fact that donors really only want to help,” the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security, which he oversaw as governor, states.
Mitt’s useless “storm relief” - Salon.com

Old 10-31-2012, 02:07 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,143,211 times
I'm sure the people in tent cities will not appreciate the food. This is a ridiculous "policy." As someone who has been through a hurricane, I can say that physical donations actually do help and I have no idea why any non-profit would turn it down if someone wanted to donate it.

That being said, I'm not sure he is actually asking for donations to the Red Cross specifically, all that I've seen says he's asking for monetary donations to the Red Cross and is actively soliciting for people to donate money via text. The physical goods might be going to another agency.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:23 AM

45,381 posts, read 26,653,474 times
Quote:
Hey Mitt Sending Food Is A Bad Idea! So Stop!
bump to the top, I want to make sure mitt sees this as soon as he logs on to C-D

Old 10-31-2012, 03:13 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,960,596 times
Wow, that is ridiculous. If the red Cross is so incompetent that they cannot utilize free food and clothing efficiently people need to donate to other charities. I am guessing they have a harder time skimming off the top when it ain't money.

If you were going to send clothing and food to the Red Cross you can send it to me instead. I will insure the food gets eaten and the clothing worn.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:16 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,879,193 times
I got a couple cans of pumpkin I never used.

You think I'm joking. Most organizations that take food donations report the majority is spoiled or unusable.
How do you make soup out of a can of peas, cream of wheat and pumpkin pie spice?

Old 10-31-2012, 03:26 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,770,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
That would be President Willard to you... It is going to be great having a real man in office, one that isn't a communist... Soon obama can spend all of his time on the golf course.
I have to laugh, because if Obama said/did this, they would be blowing smoke about how wonderful he is. And they say Mitt isn't in touch with the common man.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:39 AM

68,404 posts, read 54,685,277 times
President Mitt Romney has asked to please donate to the Red Cross instead of his campaign. Very Presidential! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

President of WHAT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections