Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 12:58 PM

9 posts, read 35,879 times

Advertisements

Mormons are individuals, like everyone else. (Yes, I do happen to be a Mormon). Thus, everyone has opinions of their own. I actually know of many fellow Mormons who are voting for Obama. I get tired of the stereotyping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 01:28 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The title of your thread should have probably been "Katzpur: What would it mean for you if Romney wins?" since I'm the only Mormon who posts regularly on the elections forum.

Oh come on Katz,i've been slacking a bit lately but I still post somewhat regularly....and my ward still lets me in the door on Sunday.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,639 times
Well i'm a mormon and it won't mean anything different to me then if another republican had won.While I am voting for Romney there are many republicans I like much better.I also know a fair number of people at church supporting Obama,although fewer than four years ago.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:48 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
Now that we are on the verge of electing a Mormon President
Sorry, man, but the math doesn't lie. Romney is going to lose the electoral vote by a very wide margin.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:53 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The title of your thread should have probably been "Katzpur: What would it mean for you if Romney wins?" since I'm the only Mormon who posts regularly on the elections forum.

If Romney wins, I guess it will mean that my candidate lost. It's really a mistake to assume that all Mormons are Republicans and will be voting for Romney. I actually consider myself an Independent, and intend to vote for Obama. That said, if Romney were to win, I wouldn't be as devastated as a lot of people because I know that the paranoia over having a Mormon in the White House is completely irrational. I can hardly believe the amount of bigotry I've seen against Mormonism in the past few months (particularly on this forum), so if Romney wins, I guess I'll at least see it as an indication that the average American voter isn't quite as uninformed as the people here on City-Data who seem fixated on his underwear to the exclusion of the issues. It would be good to know that people are starting to rise above their 19th century prejudices. I don't think Romney would be the worst President we've ever had by any means. Hey, at least we know that he's "flexible."
You and I would have loved to have Huntsman as an option. I know a lot of mormons and none of them are like Romney. Most are good people with character like Huntsman.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkCO View Post
Mormons are individuals, like everyone else. (Yes, I do happen to be a Mormon). Thus, everyone has opinions of their own. I actually know of many fellow Mormons who are voting for Obama. I get tired of the stereotyping.
All the mormons that I know with the exception of one are voting for Obama. They all are very well educated. I hate to stereotype, but mormons put an emphasis on education.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:54 PM

376 posts, read 652,472 times
Default Every Mormon I know (about 20) voting for Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
All the mormons that I know with the exception of one are voting for Obama. They all are very well educated. I hate to stereotype, but mormons put an emphasis on education.
According to what analysis I've found, Romeny is polling about 84% of Mormons and Obama 13%. I know about 20 Mormons through work and in my neighborhood and every one of them is strongly supporting Romney. Also the 2 most Mormon states (Utah & Idaho) will be the 2 states with the highest percentage vote for Romney. So either most of the people on this thread have been dishonest or just ignorant...in other words, a perfect Obama supporter.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:57 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Religious/Science...I'm hoping for an atheist myself
Me, too!

Old 11-02-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
According to what analysis I've found, Romeny is polling about 84% of Mormons and Obama 13%. I know about 20 Mormons through work and in my neighborhood and every one of them is strongly supporting Romney. Also the 2 most Mormon states (Utah & Idaho) will be the 2 states with the highest percentage vote for Romney. So either most of the people on this thread have been dishonest or just ignorant...in other words, a perfect Obama supporter.
I fully suspect most Mormons will vote Romney...never any doubt. I am just saying that I only know one. Maybe the mormons that I know could be lying to me.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:23 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You and I would have loved to have Huntsman as an option. I know a lot of mormons and none of them are like Romney. Most are good people with character like Huntsman.
The key word is character, something Romney sorely lacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections