Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 01:39 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
TL;DR.

What did he do that was treason? If he had any offenses, don't you think that Congress would bring up charges against him?
Oh sorry that took me about 240 seconds to type, i didn't know your reading skills were so poor. Congress is working on it as i speak. I write to them myself so i know, and i have asked about the arrest, so far in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 01:45 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This is the stuff i hate...this "mandate" stuff.

When Clinton beat Bush, Repubs immediately started screaming about how Clinton didn't have a mandate to do anything...led by Bob Dole incidently. It's sore loser crap. Something to throw out there to emasculate the president and his supporters and making them feel as if they've accomplished nothing by winning.

If a president wins, he has political capital, a mandate, and he should use it to the extent that he can. The mandate comes from the people, and the people elected him over someone else. So if Romney or Obama wins, they should be able to carry out their agenda because THAT'S what the people voted for in a Constitutional Republic. We also vote in Congressmen that keep a check on his/her agenda, and we expect them to do their jobs so as not to have an imperial presidency.

But to declare BEFORE an election that the presupposed winner doesn't have a mandate is bullshyt.
Obama has exhausted all of his. Any sort of soft factor Obama can use to promote his agenda is gone. The only legitimacy he'll have is that he won the electoral college, which of course, is all that is necessary. He will most likely lose the popular vote.

The only way Obama is going to be able to govern is by executive order, but he'll be limited because he'll be subject to GOP obstructionism with regards to funding of his orders.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:00 PM

4,241 posts, read 7,171,669 times
Quote:
If a president wins, he has political capital, a mandate, and he should use it to the extent that he can. The mandate comes from the people, and the people elected him over someone else.
Excatley.

The Republicans need to stop being sore losers. Get OVER it already. Better luck in 2016.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:02 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Excatley.

The Republicans need to stop being sore losers. Get OVER it already. Better luck in 2016.
Losers?

lol!

I voted for Romney but "if" 0bama wins re-election I'll have to accept it and pray that we make it through the next 4 years.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:06 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
What crime or cover-up has he committed that is impeachable?

Provide citations please. I'm not saying he didn't do anything, but without proof you're just making a baseless claim.
Once those records for Fast and Furious, AND Benghazi get opened up, it's game over, I'm thinking.

I'd actually LOVE to provide citations, but the most transparent president ever has sealed all records pertaining to these issues. Which tells me he's hiding something.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:07 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
I must look up this 'WIN but have NO mandate to govern' clause in the Constitution - subheading: 'losing party making face saving arguments before the inevitable'.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
What freedoms have you lost personally in the last four years?
The freedom to refrain from buying healthcare, for starters.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:10 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You don't have to buy it. You'll just get a smaller tax return.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:11 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I think you mean the "freedom to mooch off hospitals when you get sick without having to be burdened with paying like everyone else does".

You're breaking my heart.

Ken

Old 11-01-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
in red
So, paying your own way, with regards to healthcare, makes you a freeloader? In what alternative universe does that even make any sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections