Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,182,122 times

Advertisements

Food Stamp Growth 75X Greater than Job Creation | The Weekly Standard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 08:42 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,176,908 times
What can I say ....... I have compassion for hungry people and would like to see them be able to get a little supplement. You don't, it pains you to see even modest amounts of money go toward helping the poor get a little break, even though it's a relatively small part of the national budget. Some people simply don't care about the well-being of other humans.

I can only hope that my kind of voter beats your kind in the upcoming elections.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:45 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times
It has nothing to do with hungry people. Obama's Secretary of Agriculture said (on Morning Joe) they were deliberately trying to increase the number of people on food stamps to stimulate the economy. What he should have said was they were deliberately trying to increase the number of people on food stamps to stimulate Democrat voting.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
What can I say ....... I have compassion for hungry people and would like to see them be able to get a little supplement. You don't, it pains you to see even modest amounts of money go toward helping the poor get a little break, even though it's a relatively small part of the national budget. Some people simply don't care about the well-being of other humans.

I can only hope that my kind of voter beats your kind in the upcoming elections.
So you think people with jobs, would not be able to get supplement?

Thats one of the dumbest responses I"ve ever read on city data.. Congragulations

Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,148,098 times
Quote:

The OP has absolutely nothing to do with "hungry people." Did you intentionally miss the point or did you seriously just miss the point?

Old 11-02-2012, 09:45 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,176,908 times
Food stamps are a program designed to alleviate hunger. People without jobs, people who don't earn enough to buy food in addition to paying rent and the bills, the disabled on a tiny income ...... those are the ones it's meant for. It's been a long time since they were given for the asking, nowadays there are strict requirements.

The amount of job creation is moderate by all accounts, even by conservative economists, because of the long fiscal crisis. You can't go from zero to sixty in a second! I don't know what the food stamp increase is from, but I'm assuming the recipients are qualified for them, need them, and didn't just "sign up", as some intellectually-challenged persons seem to assume.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:35 PM

993 posts, read 833,285 times
Quote:
Food stamps are a program designed to alleviate hunger.
It was orginally designed for that, but that was a long time ago. Now it's designed, for the most part, for people who don't want to work.

Food Stamp Recipients More Likely To Be Obese: New Study

Old 11-02-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Food stamps are a program designed to alleviate hunger. People without jobs, people who don't earn enough to buy food in addition to paying rent and the bills, the disabled on a tiny income ...... those are the ones it's meant for. It's been a long time since they were given for the asking, nowadays there are strict requirements.

The amount of job creation is moderate by all accounts, even by conservative economists, because of the long fiscal crisis. You can't go from zero to sixty in a second! I don't know what the food stamp increase is from, but I'm assuming the recipients are qualified for them, need them, and didn't just "sign up", as some intellectually-challenged persons seem to assume.
Why the food stamp program was designed is NOT THE TOPIC and no one is suggsting we do away with them.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:41 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,361,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The OP has absolutely nothing to do with "hungry people." Did you intentionally miss the point or did you seriously just miss the point?
A lot of those "hungry" people are buying cart loads of donuts, snackcakes, corn chips, cookies and pop with those food stamps. But the government figures it's "stimulating" Frito-Lay, Krispy Kreme, Nabisco, and Little Debbie.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:53 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,876,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It has nothing to do with hungry people. Obama's Secretary of Agriculture said (on Morning Joe) they were deliberately trying to increase the number of people on food stamps to stimulate the economy. What he should have said was they were deliberately trying to increase the number of people on food stamps to stimulate Democrat voting.
Oh come on, you can do better than that. Present a "real" conspiracy to theorize about.... how about, why are gas prices falling so fast, right before the election? Could it be "Obammy is mipulatin them priezes to get feel good votin goin on?".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections