Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 09:55 AM

210 posts, read 269,860 times

Advertisements

"Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said in May that he'd written off votes from 47 percent of Americans who are collecting government aid. Turns out many of them are part of his political base.

"Seventy percent of counties with the fastest-growth in food-stamp aid during the last four years voted for the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. They include Republican strongholds like King County, Texas, which in 2008 backed Republican John McCain by 92.6 percent, his largest share in the nation; and fast-growing Douglas County, Colorado."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...mp-growth.html

Well that's just the opposite of what I've heard from the Republican talking heads. How interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM

2,862 posts, read 4,635,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icametodropbombs View Post
"Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said in May that he'd written off votes from 47 percent of Americans who are collecting government aid. Turns out many of them are part of his political base.

"Seventy percent of counties with the fastest-growth in food-stamp aid during the last four years voted for the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. They include Republican strongholds like King County, Texas, which in 2008 backed Republican John McCain by 92.6 percent, his largest share in the nation; and fast-growing Douglas County, Colorado."

Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth - Bloomberg

Well that's just the opposite of what I've heard from the Republican talking heads. How interesting.
When you're looking at one candidate because color then nothing will make sense...LOL poor pubs.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,221,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
When you're looking at one candidate because color then nothing will make sense...LOL poor pubs.
Claiming people like Mitt Romney because he's white, is one of the dumbest remarks I've ever read on City Data..

Congraguations, you win the hate prize of the day

Old 11-05-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Claiming people like Mitt Romney because he's white, is one of the dumbest remarks I've ever read on City Data..

Congraguations, you win the hate prize of the day

Way to switch it and spin it like a typical conserv.....LOL nice try though but this doesn't surprise me considering the fact that you are still delusional enough to believe that Romney will win....LOL

Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,221,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Way to switch it and spin it like a typical conserv.....LOL nice try though but this doesn't surprise me considering the fact that you are still delusional enough to believe that Romney will win....LOL
I didnt spin anything, YOU brought up race, completely ignoring the fact that the President didnt become President because only blacks, or Democrats, voted for him.

Considering your hate, I dont give a rats ass what you think peoples chances are... Hey, if Obama is going to win, does this mean your racist crap was just crap?

YEP, yes it does..

STOP THE HATE

Old 11-05-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I didnt spin anything, YOU brought up race, completely ignoring the fact that the President didnt become President because only blacks, or Democrats, voted for him.

Considering your hate, I dont give a rats ass what you think peoples chances are... Hey, if Obama is going to win, does this mean your racist crap was just crap?

YEP, yes it does..

STOP THE HATE

Haha....For one, I never said anything to indicate I was racist...I took at shot at the repubs and you got offended.

I can sense the hate from you in this message though...LOL all CAPS....take a chill pill it's going to be ok!

I have no reason to hate that's symptoms of your party....

Old 11-05-2012, 11:43 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,509,923 times
No surprise. GOP devotees have been the biggest recipients of welfare, for generations. Both corporate and individual welfare. "Don't do as we do, do as we say." That's their mantra. Crackers looking for some cracker barrel.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,741,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icametodropbombs View Post

Republican-Heavy Counties Eat Up Most Food-Stamp Growth - Bloomberg

I'm going to help you out here before you embarass yourself further.
Douglas County, CO is one of the 10 wealthiest counties in the nation:
Douglas Co. No. 7 on Forbes' richest-counties list - Denver Business Journal

So if they had 1% on food stamps before, and now have 1.5% on food stamps, that would be in crease of 50%, even though almost no one in the county is on food stamps.

But let's say Detroit went from 50% on food stamps to 70% on food stamps. They would have "only" had 40% increase even though they had a ton more people now on food stamps.

See how that works?

ETA: Those numbers are totally made up, I didn't feel like taking the time to look up the exact numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections