Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:02 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,176,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Wow. Absolutely disgusting. That is one that you are going to have to answer for at the end. That is for dang sure.
Nah...just more ignorant blind hatred. Obviously Sister Simone Campbell's credentials speak for themselves...

Sister Simone Campbell | Guests | BillMoyers.com

...but how would anyone that supports Ryan and his agenda even be aware of who she is. Actually, she is the antithesis of Ayn Rand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 11:04 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,554,813 times
Quote:
Oh yes, Janelle. Everyone on foodstamps, every single person, is milking the system, aren't they? I'd rather ensure that those who are truly hungry and going without are fed, even if that means that some are enabled to take advantage of the system. I happily have that money come out of my paycheck.
I never said that. Ask those people if they would rather have a job or no job and foodstamps.

You can give as much money as you want when you pay taxes. No one is stopping you.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,882,511 times
I will be glad when this election is over and done with so that I don't have to hear more ignorant hatred disguised as Judeo-Christian values such as Ryan spews.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
And Romney's suggestion for overhauling the welfare system is what exactly? Still waiting for the big reveal on that and everything else, aren't we.
His plan will stop it from going belly up. Obama raided Medicare to pay for Obamacare. I KNOW what Obama's plan is plus have you seen him carrying around that little pamphlet that contains his new plan for the economy. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,618,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
Do these Nuns go against the Pope himself, and his teaching on abortion and birth control? How about same sex marriage? Do they condone that?
Yes, they do go against the Pope and the Church, but they're very clever and slippery about it.

Sister Pat Farrell:

"We have been, in good faith, raising concerns about some of the church's teachings on sexuality. The problem being that the teaching and interpretation of the faith can't remain static and really needs to be reformulated, rethought in light of the world we live in. And new questions and new realities [need to be addressed] as they arise. And if those issues become points of conflict, it's because Women Religious stand in very close proximity to people at the margins, to people with very painful, difficult situations in their lives. That is our gift to the church. Our gift to the church is to be with those who have been made poorer, with those on the margins. Questions there are much less black and white because human realities are much less black and white. That's where we spend our days."

"I think the criticism of what we're not talking about seems to me to be unfair. Because [Women] Religious have clearly given our lives to supporting life, to supporting the dignity of human persons. Our works are very much pro-life. We would question, however, any policy that is more pro-fetus than actually pro-life. If the rights of the unborn trump all of the rights of all of those who are already born, that is a distortion, too ... There's so much being said about abortion that is often phrased in such extreme and such polarizing terms that to choose not to enter into a debate that is so widely covered by other sectors of the Catholic Church — and we have been giving voice to other issues that are less covered but are equally as important."

"Our concern is that right-to-life issues be seen across a whole spectrum and are not narrowly defined. ... To single out one right-to-life issue and to say that that's the only issue that defines Catholic identity, I think, is really a distortion."

Clear as mud, eh?

Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
I can honestly say that I've never said this to anyone on the internet before, but I'm going to say it now: I'm more going to pray for you, Janelle, because no one, especially a Catholic, should be so jaded and uncharitable towards those who have wedded their lives to Jesus. It's just wrong. Even if you don't agree with how they go about their charitable work, you should still respect them as mothers and sisters of the Church.
That is because you never read the non-negotiables from the Catholic church for voting. You can't vote for anyone who is so much for abortion, etc as Obama is.

If you are interested go to www.ewtn.com

I don't have to respect women who go against the church. They have been censored by the Vatican. I was taught by nuns, I know who nuns are, these are not nuns.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I do not think propelling more people into a situation where they are on food stamps is justice for the poor. I do not think that policies that increase black unemployment is justice for the poor. No, I won't be voting for Obama.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:17 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,618,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That is because you never read the non-negotiables from the Catholic church for voting. You can't vote for anyone who is so much for abortion, etc as Obama is.

If you are interested go to www.ewtn.com

I don't have to respect women who go against the church. They have been censored by the Vatican. I was taught by nuns, I know who nuns are, these are not nuns.
I've long suspected that helenejen is one of those dissident nuns. Seriously.

1,805 posts, read 1,471,597 times
Quote:
It's not fear mongering. It's truth telling. It just so happens that sometimes the truth is scary.
Religion and truth telling. Talk about oxymoronic. Right up there with jumbo shrimp. Carl Marx got one thing right. Religion is the opiate of the people.

Quote:
Do these Nuns go against the Pope himself, and his teaching on abortion and birth control? How about same sex marriage? Do they condone that?
Yes, they pretty much do. Plus women priests, the whole gamut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections