Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,554,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I've long suspected that helenejen is one of those dissident nuns. Seriously.
Giggle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 11:25 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,618,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Giggle.
No, really! I've read enough of their ... stuff (ahem) ... to recognize their style.

She says she's Catholic, she's obviously single, and she's probably an academic. There are other signs, too, which I'd rather not mention. Putting it all together, helenejen may be Sister Pat Farrell herself!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
No, really!

I've read enough of their ... stuff (ahem) ... to recognize their style. She says she's Catholic, she's obviously single, and she's probably an academic. Putting it all together, helenejen may be Sister Pat Farrell herself!
You may just be right. I try not to pay any attention to them but to read the main paragraph.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:49 AM

EWTN Global Catholic Television Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF6Ih...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-06-2012, 01:26 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,966,616 times
Quote:
Nonsense. Obama is the food stamp president. How is that for concern for the poor?
Sorry but even a three year old knows that if you help people feed their families and themselves, that indicates some concearn for the poor and hungry..

Old 11-06-2012, 01:40 AM

580 posts, read 450,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHomeschoolMom View Post
Wow, thanks! I feel even better about voting for this man as Vice President tomorrow. I agreed with every word he spoke. Rather than resort to classy scatological name-calling, how about explaining why you disagree with him?
Oh! The irony is so delicious in this post, that i'm literally salivating! Ryan, casting aspersions on President Obama (a christian), while carrying the water for...Mitt Romney (a member of a non-christian, cult religion)! You just can't make this stuff up!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:50 AM

Paul Ryan's Bishop

Partisan Catholic groups, misguided nuns, and even some prominent professors, have for months been accusing Paul Ryan of being a heretic. Their attacks have often been uncharitable and purposely deceptive. This is unjust, unfair, and a shameful misunderstanding of Catholic social teaching.

Bishop Morlino clarifies once again that the Church does not endorse candidates. However, he explains that the Church does propose to Catholics, and to the world, a set of principles grounded in human nature, accessible to all by our common human reason, that must inform and shape our consciences. Finally, he makes clear that the responsibility of faithfully applying Church teaching to candidates and to the world of politics is OUR job - the work of the laity --the work of groups like CatholicVote.org!

Bishop Morlino reaffirms the constant teaching of our Church that Catholics must be united on the issues of life, marriage and religious liberty. And when it comes to prudential matters, we must work together in charity, even when we disagree, to achieve solutions that serve the common good.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:53 AM

580 posts, read 450,959 times
Quote:
That is because you never read the non-negotiables from the Catholic church for voting. You can't vote for anyone who is so much for abortion, etc as Obama is.
Oh my sweet lord! Another that serves me a platter HEAPED with that sooo delicious irony! Really! You people have to stop! I can't take it.

'You can't vote for anyone who is so much for abortion...'

HAHAHA!!!

Sweet, sweet Janelle...how do you think the church feels about voting for one that, with every fiber of their being, with every breath they take...defecates on the 1st, and most important of our Lord's commandments? You know the one...

1. I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

...you do know, dear Janelle, that the Mormon religion believes in multiple gods, don't you?

Old 11-06-2012, 02:08 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,427,918 times
Default Ryan is a joke

Paul Ryan, the Marty Feldman of the GOP, is an embarrassment. His opinion is a laughable as his budget ideas. What a collosal, misguided hick.

In 24 hours, his VP aspirations will be history.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 AM

bgg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
Oh my sweet lord! Another that serves me a platter HEAPED with that sooo delicious irony! Really! You people have to stop! I can't take it.

'You can't vote for anyone who is so much for abortion...'

HAHAHA!!!

Sweet, sweet Janelle...how do you think the church feels about voting for one that, with every fiber of their being, with every breath they take...defecates on the 1st, and most important of our Lord's commandments? You know the one...

1. I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

...you do know, dear Janelle, that the Mormon religion believes in multiple gods, don't you?
They are discussing just this subject on EWTN radio right now. We are not voting on Romney's religious beliefs, only on his political views. I thought we got over this religion/voting controversy when Kennedy was elected but I guess some people are still stuck on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections