Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:29 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,966,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I respect your opinion and I hope (for the sake of the country) and believe that he will prove you wrong. Glad to see that despite our differences that you have some hope and want the best for the country!

I hope he proves me wrong also. I would like nothing better that to see this country back to good times and prosperity. Here's to hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 07:30 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,291,458 times
Just realized this was addressed to "social conservatives." Don't assume that everyone who voted for Romney is a social conservative. I'm a fiscal conservative, social moderate.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:37 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Just realized this was addressed to "social conservatives." Don't assume that everyone who voted for Romney is a social conservative. I'm a fiscal conservative, social moderate.

Never made that assumption. The point is that fiscal conservatism wins elections. Social conservatism scares people. The majority of people that voted for Romney probably aren't social conservatives, but they are the dominant voice of the GOP. Like I said in another post, I didn't think Romney was so bad until he started flip-flopping to appease social conservatives. When Romney was governor of MA, he was a moderate and liberal on some issues. The Romney that just ran against Obama was too far right, although I beleive this was an act. He probably shouldn't have listened to Karl Rove.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 PM

37,960 posts, read 17,905,834 times
Quote:
Keep up your self-righteous, bitter attitude then whine like a baby when things don't work out in your favor.
Whose favor are they working out for? Not the lower and middle class whose equity was destroyed by the very same ones you believe in who said it would grow.

Quote:
You call this negative bunch of nonsense that your spewing substance?
You haven't addressed anything I've said except by using absurd cliches and nothing factual. I'm still waiting.

Quote:
You probably believe that Rush Limbaugh makes good points as well. Things are getting better, it's no one else's fault that you refuse to acknowledge it - it has to suck to wake up and be miserable every day because you refuse to accept that Barack Obama is president of the United States - again. If you found a winning lottery ticket on the ground you'd probably throw it away just so that you can say it's hard to succeed under Obama.
Keep making the same mistake over and over and over again. It proves my point.
Again read this
"Absolute drivel. Who are you to decide what I can or can't understand? Again, I repeat myself, trying to fit a twisted agenda by falsely testifying about others is a big problem. If you want to know what I support ask me instead of making things up."
keep posting it's like taking candy from a baby.

Quote:
Anyone who takes issue with someone who gives the advice of remaining hopeful and points out that we're in this together has to have some serious issues.
You didn't point anything out. You spewed hate all the while accusing people who disagree with you as hateful.

Quote:
Maybe next time a Democrat wins you will take responsibility for your attitude.
Again more drivel in order to fit a twisted agenda. You have nothing so you make things up. Keep posting.

Quote:
If things don't go your way, it's your fault not Obama's.
LMAO classic. I'm now responsible for the actions of people I disagree with. I don't support his policies so it's not my fault. I'm only responsible for things I do and support. That's what personal responsibility is. Doesn't surprise you don't know what it is.

Quote:
Clearly you've never given him chance and wanted to him fail before he stepped foot in the White House.
Clearly you are uninformed as you continue to testify for me because after all you know more about me than me, right? Consistent at least. Guess what? I research and looked at his policies. I knew they failed in the past and would fail again. It's not about the person, it's always about policy.

Quote:
I didn't support Bush's wars but he was still my president.
I didn't support Bush and I was stuck with him. Hows Obamas wars going? You do know that our military is in more countries now than ever don't you? If you were informed you'd know that.

Quote:
Unfortunately, our economy took a blow and lives were lost because of those wars.
You're so uninformed its laughable. The economy took a bigger blow because people like you think its okay for big government to run the economy even though they have been proven failures in the past. Just like the policies that Obama backs which DID fail in the past it was obvious to those who are informed that those same policies would fail today. Its not the person, it's policy. Hopefully you'll catch on.
Hey I have a great idea lets give big mortgage loans to people who don't normally qualify. yea big government, Oh thank you, thank you for running the economy.

Quote:
No POTUS is going to please everyone.
You got one right. If only you'd stop here.

Quote:
Apparently you don't know the difference between supporting the president and agreeing with everything he does.
LMAO
"Absolute drivel. Who are you to decide what I can or can't understand? Again, I repeat myself, trying to fit a twisted agenda by falsely testifying about others is a big problem. If you want to know what I support ask me instead of making things up."

Quote:
I'll say it again, if you truly love your country, you should want your president to succeed, but people like yourself would rather see this country go down in flames just so that you can say you were right. Your username is ironic. A hateful unpatriotic person such as yourself chooses the name lovehiscountry...lol.
sigh... Country and government are different. I'll say it again, you are uninformed about politics. You cannot learn a thing if you are too busy trying to fit a twisted agenda on others because the policies YOU support are complete failures which have cost the lives of many Americans and ruined the economy.
btw your user name is ironic. You haven't presented one fact, NOT ONE. oh the irony, keep posting.

Quote:
BTW, you haven't backed up jack shytt...
Did I not use enough small words for you to understand. I tried. BTW You can lie to yourself, just don't except others to believe it.

Quote:
the only thing you've proven is that you refuse to be happy or have a postive attitude as long as Obama is in the White house.
Again another false testimony because you cannot discuss policy since Obamas policies are failures. It's not about Obama the person, it's about Obamas policies.

Quote:
When things continue to get better,
Continue to get better??? Wake up!!!!

Quote:
you will deny it until they put you in straight jacket. Good luck with that!
lmao More false testimony. The only ones who should be in straight jackets are the ones who think doing the same thing over and over again will yield different results. Keep posting and proving my point.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 11-08-2012 at 03:02 PM..

Old 11-08-2012, 03:06 PM

37,960 posts, read 17,905,834 times
Quote:
Never made that assumption. The point is that fiscal conservatism wins elections. Social conservatism scares people. The majority of people that voted for Romney probably aren't social conservatives, but they are the dominant voice of the GOP. Like I said in another post, I didn't think Romney was so bad until he started flip-flopping to appease social conservatives. When Romney was governor of MA, he was a moderate and liberal on some issues. The Romney that just ran against Obama was too far right, although I beleive this was an act. He probably shouldn't have listened to Karl Rove.
Obama won and Bush before him, neither is a fiscal conservative. Romney has been flip, flopping for a long time. He was accused of that in the '08 election. Add those to the long list of things you didn't know about yet commented on. It always best to be informed before you answer. Not saying you'll do that, just saying it's best.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:09 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,605,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
It's about much more than the presidential election though: two states have now formally legalized same sex marriage and recreational marijuana, and two men lost seats in congress that they probably would have won had they not made hideous rape-related gaffes in the name of being "pro-life".

Old 11-08-2012, 03:22 PM

39,097 posts, read 51,306,911 times
Anyone who thinks this thumping is going to move the Republicans to the middle is dreaming. The Republicans I hear are already carping about having lost because they nominated a liberal. They think the solution is to be true to conservative values and that means the most extreme of those values. They look at the low Republican turnout and believe that is because Romney was too far to the left.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Obama won and Bush before him, neither is a fiscal conservative. Romney has been flip, flopping for a long time. He was accused of that in the '08 election. Add those to the long list of things you didn't know about yet commented on. It always best to be informed before you answer. Not saying you'll do that, just saying it's best.

It is apparent by every post you have written in this thread that you have a huge chip on your shoulder. You have nothing to offer but insults. All you have done over and over again (like a broken record) is call my posts drivel, cliches, part of a twisted agenda and said that I am uninformed. The funny thing is that you think that you are so knowledgeable and informed just because you use the term "failed policies." Insulting people and pretending to be an authority on everything when you really have said nothing at all isn't going to gain votes. You may think your intelligent, but the more you post the more you prove just the opposite. Nothing that you have said is of substance.

I never said that Bush or Obama was a fiscal conservative so I am not sure why you would feel the need to bring that up. That is common knowledge. Also said that I didn't think Romney was that bad until he started flip-flopping to appease social conservatives. I didn't say when he started flip-flipping. For some reason you think that I need to prove just how informed I am to you. However, this isn't a test, you are no one of importance or influence. The people have spoken - your emotions only matter to you.

Sorry that you are bitter and I know that misery loves company, but I am not going there with you. My OP was about why the GOP lost and why they need to change their platform. I also suggested that ALL Of US remian hopeful, but clearly you didn't read the OP with an open mind (if at all) and would rather be unhappy. You just came in here to ***** and moan. You go right ahead and keep handing over elections to the dems. Keep being divisive, hateful, angry and insulting to anyone that doesn't agree with you - if you aren't a Repiblican you certainly should be. This is exactly what their platform has been for quite some time and now that it's been hijacked by the Tea Party, the craziness has been taken to another level. People voting for Obama, marriage equality and the legalization of marijuana should tell you know the the country is more diverse and more liberal than you think. We are all in this together, either get on board, get rolled over or get left behind. Whatever floats your boat and whatever helps you sleep at night but clearly this is way beyond your control and unfortunately for you, that just eats you up inside. I am not going to continue a discussion whith someone who says nothing more than blah, blah, blah...failed policy...blah,blah,blah...uninformed...blah,blah,b lah...drivel....blah,blah,blah..twisted agenda. By the way, you might want to invest in a new crystal ball, the one you have is defective. Have a nice life...I'll pray for you and the rest of those who are losing their minds over this election.

Buh Bye!

Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Anyone who thinks this thumping is going to move the Republicans to the middle is dreaming. The Republicans I hear are already carping about having lost because they nominated a liberal. They think the solution is to be true to conservative values and that means the most extreme of those values. They look at the low Republican turnout and believe that is because Romney was too far to the left.

I've been hearing that quite a bit as well. Today my aunt was listening to POTUS radio (never heard of that until today) on our way to lunch they said that the tea party is the only solution, while saying that blacks and latinos want stuff and have a different value system. They also suggested teaching (indoctrinating) your children because liberals have no morals. They are in their own little bubble and refuse to see things for what the are. The media is one thing, but I wonder how this will play out for the representatives and senators who came very close to losing their seats. They had to feel it when reality hit. If they move a little more to the center, the pitch fork crew is going to lose it and attack them. I seriously think that if we do an indepth study, we'll find that there is a link between insanity and social conservativism. I know that the wounds are still fresh, but I doubt they'll ever get a clue in this generation and they really are losing it.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:04 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,605,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If that's how they feel, then they'll have to get used to a future in which the Dems control the White House and both houses of Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections