Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 PM

998 posts, read 1,214,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Do you really know how African American Voted , and before you answer we make up 13.1% of the population ? And probably voted in all 50 States of these United States of America.

Sort of busy aren't you going from state to state and poll to poll to keep a good watch over the African American Population.
I only work one precinct per election & I always ask for the bad areas that have the most fraud. This last election every voter but 2 in my polling place was black. I do not hit all 50 states every election. I do know a lot of the ones who voted at my polling place would never tell an exit poller who they voted for. They got upset during the primary when I forced them to declare a party in order to give them a ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 12:33 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
So you're suggesting that it was a vote against the GOP rather than for Obama? Very possible. Still, why? I'm not surprised that Obama won, just that 93% of blacks voted for him. African Americans are suffering from this economy more than most. I'd have thought hat more than 1 in 15 would want a change -- any change.
Mittens doesn't offer the change that we need as a country.

Obama offers more to America as a whole.

As a Black man I see opportunity Black people can fix our own problems. Its not necessarily the president or white people.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:14 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
Quote:
Exit polls indicate that 93% of blacks voted for Obama. That's HUGE! If only 1 of 15 whites voted for Obama it would have been called extreme racial prejudice. Is that why the overwhelming majority of blacks back Obama? I'm not a racist by any means and don't want this thread to get out of hand, but 14-1 voting in a presidential election by any race is monumental.

The other main difference between the President and Gov. Romney was political ideology. Obama stands for those who want government to redistribute wealth and provide more goods and services to the electorate while Romney stood for those who want government to downsize. Romney basically campaigned as a JFK of 2012 -- "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." Obama has turned that around.

So why the monumental landslide for Obama by African Americans? Race? Ideology? Something else?
i want my welfare okay? I have no kids and I'm a black man but I'm eligible for welfare becuase I'm black and I'm gonna get a new benz with this OBAMAMONEY!!!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 01:18 PM

774 posts, read 1,164,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Blacks, Hispanics and Asians ALL tend to vote heavily Democratic (and for President Obama).

The issue is not with the voters but you need to ask yourself why the GOP is so very repulsive to these voters. When you can honestly answer that question then the Republicans can possibly begin to earn those votes.
I love a thinking person. You could get a gig as a GOP consultant since they seem to be completely unable to figure this out for themselves. You hit the nail on the head!

Old 11-10-2012, 03:43 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
i want my welfare okay? I have no kids and I'm a black man but I'm eligible for welfare becuase I'm black and I'm gonna get a new benz with this OBAMAMONEY!!!!!
I'm black, married, no kids... both of us have have college degrees too. I've heard about this free stuff... what is it and where can I get it?

I checked my mailbox the day after Obama won and it was empty, what's up with that?

Old 11-10-2012, 04:38 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Tell us how to do it please, since you seem to be the expert.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:53 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Exit polls indicate that 93% of blacks voted for Obama. That's HUGE! If only 1 of 15 whites voted for Obama it would have been called extreme racial prejudice. Is that why the overwhelming majority of blacks back Obama? I'm not a racist by any means and don't want this thread to get out of hand, but 14-1 voting in a presidential election by any race is monumental.

The other main difference between the President and Gov. Romney was political ideology. Obama stands for those who want government to redistribute wealth and provide more goods and services to the electorate while Romney stood for those who want government to downsize. Romney basically campaigned as a JFK of 2012 -- "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." Obama has turned that around.

So why the monumental landslide for Obama by African Americans? Race? Ideology? Something else?
Th amount of racism being shown by the black community is incredible. No longer does the white community own racism.....blacks have shown themselves to be highly racist.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:18 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Th amount of racism being shown by the black community is incredible. No longer does the white community own racism.....blacks have shown themselves to be highly racist.
Classic Epic Fail

Old 11-10-2012, 05:21 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:

What the mainstream media of course is ignoring is the fact that comparing 2008 with 2012, Obama lost 10 million of his voters -- that's 10 million people who voted once for Obama but this year did not.

We all know that Obama picked up all that new Mexican and other illegal vote by promising them amnesty and dream acts and high paying jobs -- so if 3 million new voters voted for Obama, that's 13 million missing in action American voters.

Romney got 3 million fewer voters than did McCain - if that trend continues, the Republicans win in 2016.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:24 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
What I suspect is that many black and white Americans just sat this one out -- between the two candidates 13 million voters were missing in action -- many more for Obama however.

If just a third of them would have voted for Romney the results would have been different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections