Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,571,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
I''m calling blacks the biggest racists on the planet yes I AM, and their voting trends prove it. The Clintons are beloved in the black community. Why then did Obama get over 92% of the black vote in the primaries against Hillary ..another Democrat who blacks actually like.. Waiting..crickets... Just be intellectually honest and say it was because of the color of Obamas skin.
Who do you think you are ? you do not deserve a answer is my answer , and do you have anymore kindergarden grade level questions to shower us with ?....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,889,940 times
Quote:
I''m calling blacks the biggest racists on the planet yes I AM, and their voting trends prove it. The Clintons are beloved in the black community. Why then did Obama get over 92% of the black vote in the primaries against Hillary ..another Democrat who blacks actually like.. Waiting..crickets... Just be intellectually honest and say it was because of the color of Obamas skin.
These guys also ran for president.....

...and I don't know ONE single black person who even wanted to vote for them.
That's a pretty weak ass argument, dude. Maybe blacks voted for him because (and this is a shocker) they felt he was the best for the job. There are some blacks who did vote for Obama just because he was black (in the first election), but going up against a guy like Romney and all his foot-in-mouth comments during the election just pretty much gauranteed the black vote again.

Now, would it be fair for me to say that all MOROMONS voted for Romney just because of it? Hell no. Grow up.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
Default Whites as well

100% of this White family also voted for President Obama because we could not vote for a man that destroyed companies and workers in his unending quest for more and more money for him and his cohorts at the expense of every and any one else.

I assume most Black voters also figured Romney would loot our country while making His friends ever wealthier. Smart people, Black and White, saw this and voted for Obama.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times
The GOP can keep denying they blew it big time with more than just Black people. They can regurgitate excuse after excuse, but it won't change the fact that Romney lost, and not just because Blacks and Hispanics turned out to vote.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
And wasn't it some white folks who went missing in Mississippi about 47 years ago fighting for your rights?
It was two white Jewish kids and one black kid all of whom had names, James Earl Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Michael Schwerner.

Quote:
Which makes me wonder, how many Blacks ever vote for whites in any race?
Since there are so many white elected officials, Democrats in particular there are far to many elections where whites received exceptionally high levels of African American support you will have to settle for just Presidential elections.

For anyone who is actually interested in the shift of African Americans from the Republican Party to the Democrats I suggest reading, How Blacks became Blue: The 1936 African
American Voting Shift From the Party of Lincoln to
the New Deal Coalition
by Daphney Daniel.

http://escholar.salve.edu/cgi/viewco...xt=pell_theses

Last edited by ovcatto; 11-15-2012 at 10:05 AM..

Old 11-15-2012, 10:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
Alan Keyes and Cain are both Republicans .Blacks never vote Republican,
African Americans will never vote for black Republican who are joke even to white Republicans. When the Republican Party finds the capacity to identify and promote sane black Republicans and a abandonment of the Republican southern strategy you might see a return of African Americans to the Republican Party.

Quote:
My guess is Shirley Chisolm, jACKSON, AND cAROL mOSLEY bRAUN RAN against other blacks.
Thank you for demonstrating your utter ignorance, which by the way is totally unsurprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Here's the funny part - I absolutely voted for Obama over Clinton because Obama was black. And I don't mind at all if a woman voted for Clinton over Obama because she was a woman. Symbols are important, and yes, a lot of people fought hard so that positions like the presidency would not be reserved for white men only.
Yes symbols are, however I suspect, and I think that you would agree that given the identical nature of their policies that the tie was broken because Obama was African American. It would have been illogical and foolish to have done otherwise for the very reasons that you stated. Catholics and Irish Americans voted overwhelmingly for Kennedy, Italian Americans and Jews voted overwhelmingly for Fiorello LaGuardia. Electoral politics thrives on voting for candidates who voters can most closely identify with as long as those candidates align themselves with those voters aspirations and interests. It is a matter of common sense.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:34 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,913,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The GOP can keep denying they blew it big time with more than just Black people. They can regurgitate excuse after excuse, but it won't change the fact that Romney lost, and not just because Blacks and Hispanics turned out to vote.
Yep .... the GOP needs to be asking itself why minorities don't vote for them. I would suggest that they start by getting rid of some of the underlying racism which is so evident in many of the anti-Obama posts on here.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Yep .... the GOP needs to be asking itself why minorities don't vote for them. I would suggest that they start by getting rid of some of the underlying racism which is so evident in many of the anti-Obama posts on here.
The GOP will. never get clued in. a party that basically hates every one then turns around and is perplexed at why they didnt win and instead of accepting the reality of no one likes that party try to blame everything on the most lamest of excuses.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:22 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
You really should speak for yourself. Are you able to compete? Is your little brother able to compete? Is your mother able to compete? Father? Start there.
Yup again as I pointed out to desert the stats bare the fact out that Blacks by and large can't compete academically at least.

NAACP claims racial bias at city's top schools - New York Daily News
Here's one example:

Quote:
The city’s Specialized High Schools Admissions Test is the only method that is used to judge students for admission to the eight elite high schools.
The NAACP believes the grueling exam is unfair to black and Latino students because they are denied admission “at rates far higher than other racial groups.” Nearly 31% of white students and 35% of Asian students who take the test are offered seats at the top schools, compared with just 5% of black students and 6.7% of Latinos.
The NAACP doesn’t specify how the test discriminates against blacks and Latinos, but Kleinman said those students may lack tutoring and other resources. Education officials hit back against the NAACP’s complaint, arguing the test is color-blind.
Now the NAACP cites the failure of Blacks and Hispanics to pass an objective test as proof of racism. Yet doesn't specify how the test discriminates. It vaguely hints at tutoring access but the city provides free tutoring for these tests and take a wild guess who is disproportinately utilizing these services? Hint it ain't Blacks.

So the excuses mounts, standards are reduced because Blacks can't compete. Since many can't compete they look to the government to "make things right" hence the flimsy lawsuits and racism charges.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
These guys also ran for president.....

...and I don't know ONE single black person who even wanted to vote for them.
That's a pretty weak ass argument, dude. Maybe blacks voted for him because (and this is a shocker) they felt he was the best for the job. There are some blacks who did vote for Obama just because he was black (in the first election), but going up against a guy like Romney and all his foot-in-mouth comments during the election just pretty much gauranteed the black vote again.

Now, would it be fair for me to say that all MOROMONS voted for Romney just because of it? Hell no. Grow up.
People also like to vote for winners, did any of these guys win the Iowa caucuses? Folks forget Obama did not have a majority of Black support before the Iowa caucus, it was only after he won Iowa that Black support shifted dramatically to him. Obama had to be validated by Whites first in order for Blacks to support him.

Here again is more evidence of the slave pathologies that run through the African American community. Political thought in the African American community is dependent on what White thought is on an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections