Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 01:14 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,259,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
that doesn't even make sense if you look at statistics.

statistically, blacks voted for obama in the largest percentage of any voting bloc-but, again, i feel it is because blacks vote for big government/nanny state.

i just wonder if some black people who have thought about this election really feel that obama is looking out for them. (i see at firedoglake.com that some people feel that he has turned on them already )

if you are a dependent group (proportionally), and obama is working hard to bring in another dependent group (proportionally)-as he has done throughout his first term- will that make your share of the pie bigger or smaller? or isn't that something that you even think about at all?

i hope you understand that, by electing a dishonest president (who continues to be dishonest and has been rewarded for doing so by being reelected), you have LOST YOUR POWER.

you do not hold your leader accountable and he knows it, as does the media. obama will bring in more "oppressed", more "needy minorities" into this overloaded lifeboat because they statistically vote democratic for the nanny state-and the heck with the citizens already on the bottom rung struggling.

everything he has done, and everything he is about to do, is going to make it much harder for the poor and the lower middle class.

you are going to be left out in the cold-wait and see.
All of that is nice on paper, but the reality is that people vote AGAINST mitt and as far as honesty is concerned you can't say that and mitt in the same breath without snickering. Since the political system is set up for two parties why in the hell would blacks vote for someone who thinks that all that they want are entitlements. Racist, uninformed and republicans are lead to believe the "entitlement bs" and completly ignore the companies that are getting bilions in subsidies.

Personally I rather have a president that pretends and at least tries to help the less fortunate than some out touch butt munch who tells you that he does not care and means it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 09:51 AM

72,797 posts, read 62,084,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Who fault is it that they won't accept their own stupidity and blame?
Not my fault, and not your fault either.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
that doesn't even make sense if you look at statistics.

statistically, blacks voted for obama in the largest percentage of any voting bloc-but, again, i feel it is because blacks vote for big government/nanny state.

i just wonder if some black people who have thought about this election really feel that obama is looking out for them. (i see at firedoglake.com that some people feel that he has turned on them already )

if you are a dependent group (proportionally), and obama is working hard to bring in another dependent group (proportionally)-as he has done throughout his first term- will that make your share of the pie bigger or smaller? or isn't that something that you even think about at all?

i hope you understand that, by electing a dishonest president (who continues to be dishonest and has been rewarded for doing so by being reelected), you have LOST YOUR POWER.

you do not hold your leader accountable and he knows it, as does the media. obama will bring in more "oppressed", more "needy minorities" into this overloaded lifeboat because they statistically vote democratic for the nanny state-and the heck with the citizens already on the bottom rung struggling.

everything he has done, and everything he is about to do, is going to make it much harder for the poor and the lower middle class.

you are going to be left out in the cold-wait and see.
I have a question for you. Why do you care who Blacks vote for? And when have Blacks not been left out in the cold?

Old 12-21-2012, 12:49 PM

15,360 posts, read 12,544,787 times
Dishonest President? LOL... ok, but look at his opponent and tell me who is truly dishonest between the 2...

It's not about Obama looking out for them because Presidents rarely looks out for any group besides Wall St. and Billionaires....

Mitts solution for college debt... "borrow money from your parents" pretty much told me the guy is clueless when it comes to relating to every day struggles.

...and as far as losing power by voting for Obama. LOL... how much power did blacks have in 2007? 2004? 2000? It's time for people to stop trying to make blacks feel bad for voting for the winner.\

I'm black, married, no kids and we both have degrees and full time jobs. We bought our first house in 2011. If this is losing then I can't wait to see what winning is like.

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 12-21-2012 at 01:10 PM..

Old 12-21-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Dishonest President? LOL... ok, but look at his opponent and tell me who is truly dishonest between the 2...

It's not about Obama looking out for them because Presidents rarely looks out for any group besides Wall St. and Billionaires....

Mitts solution for college debt... "borrow money from your parents" pretty much told me the guy is clueless when it comes to relating to every day struggles.
And yet, there are people scratching their heads wondering "why do Blacks vote for President Obama"?

Old 12-21-2012, 01:16 PM

15,360 posts, read 12,544,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And yet, there are people scratching their heads wondering "why do Blacks vote for President Obama"?
99% of the people asking this question are the same ones who blame people of color for all of the problems in the US.

The real question they should be asking is why did their white brethren and sistren vote for Obama in such large numbers?

The issue I have is the notion that blacks were swimming in gold plated swimming pools and eating lobster and shrimp before Obama showed up.

Old 12-21-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
99% of the people asking this question are the same ones who blame people of color for all of the problems in the US.
I suspect as much. However, these very individuals would never admit to it. I've asked the question "why do you care" to some of these persons, only to not get an answer. I think this is indicative that some people look at this from purely a racial view. I don't think some of these individuals are truly interested in solving problems,but rather blaming Blacks. I wouldn't be surprised if someone suggested repealing voting rights for certain people.

Quote:
The real question they should be asking is why did their white brethren and sistren vote for Obama in such large numbers?
In addition to this question, look at the geographical voting patterns. Some of the Whitest states went for President Obama. Among them are Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.

Quote:
The issue I have is the notion that blacks were swimming in gold plated swimming pools and eating lobster and shrimp before Obama showed up.
This is one notion that annoys me alot. Blacks in this nation have never had it good. Blacks were subjected to slavery, to grinding poverty, discrimination, Jim Crow segregation in the South, defacto segregation in the North, sundown laws, restrictve covenants,etc. Today, there are more Blacks in the middle class than ever before, more Blacks with college degrees than ever before. Alot of people will point to historically Black colleges and universities and say "see, you had it better back then". Well, not really. Most Black people couldn't afford college. This idea of "you had it better before the 1960s" is quite fallacious. I think some people pull that like to justify returning to "pre-1960s" laws.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:26 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,849,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have a question for you. Why do you care who Blacks vote for? And when have Blacks not been left out in the cold?
i care about ALL citizens because the country is a better country if more people succeed. the country is a better country if more people are employed and more people are happy with their jobs and their abilities to support their families.

i really have very little time for the people on this forum who say "i am making it" like they should get a big pat on the back, because others aren't so fortunate and still others are going to be less fortunate down the road. we are going to enter a depression more than likely, and i hope people are preparing themselves.

it would be great to have a homeownership society, where everybody is equally invested in their community. people who are homeowners take better care of their properties, pay taxes for education of the next generation, and have a vested interest in their own communities.

it would be great for everybody if more people had the ability to live their own dream (instead of the government "vision" for them), which means entrepreneurship and business ownership.

it would be really great if parents started with children at a very young age, finding out what their interests are, and helping them find a direction early in life. so many people now see themselves as "victims" that they can't even see opportunity, or the chance for opportunity-and it is a real tragedy in the making for america.

i see more americans falling under the bus-anybody who picks up a newspaper in this country sees the same thing that i do.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:48 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,849,332 times
let me add something that i just saw today on zero hedge. these are statistics that are absolutely mind-boggling in america now:

#3 According to one calculation, the number of Americans on food stamps now exceeds the combined populations of “Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.”

#18 The Pew Research Center has also found that 85 percent of all middle class Americans say that it is harder to maintain a middle class standard of living today than it was 10 years ago.

#19 62 percent of all middle class Americans say that they have had to reduce household spending over the past year.

#20 Right now, approximately 48 percent of all Americans are either considered to be “low income” or are living in poverty.

#21 Approximately 57 percent of all children in the United States are living in homes that are either considered to be either “low income” or impoverished.

#22 According to one survey, 77 percent of all Americans are now living paycheck to paycheck at least part of the time.

#23 Back in 1950, more than 80 percent of all men in the United States had jobs. Today, less than 65 percentof all men in the United States have jobs.

#29 Barack Obama has been president for less than four years, and during that time the number of Americans “not in the labor force” has increased by nearly 8.5 million. Something seems really “off” about that number, because during the entire decade of the 1980s the number of Americans “not in the labor force” only rose by about 2.5 million.

that's just a few-and here is the whole list:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...-crazy-believe

Old 12-21-2012, 06:08 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,259,850 times
Quote:

All on government assistance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections