Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2013, 04:29 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

im white. i voted for him and campaigned for him.
he promised change. i was all for it, sick of war.
instead i got 12 years of expanded war and 17 trillion in debt.
i messed up.
btw we never left iraq we just put blackwater on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 05:40 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
There really won't be a viable 3rd party until the USA changes its "winner-take-all" system of allocating votes, e.g. the electoral college system, which tends to lock in the institutional bias towards a 2-party electoral system, to a proportional representation system, which gives 3rd parties a fighting chance (though that also makes coalition governments more common). I don't really see any political will to make that happen.
That is the only time that both parties will unite in order to make sure that it would never happen.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i messed up.
Don't fault yourself, you only voted for the best candidate between the two. Just imagine how worst that it would be if Mittens was in the White house If it makes you feel better to know that no matter who wins the presidency it will progressively get worst.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:43 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Don't fault yourself, you only voted for the best candidate between the two. Just imagine how worst that it would be if Mittens was in the White house If it makes you feel better to know that no matter who wins the presidency it will progressively get worst.
Mitt Romney actually has accomplishments, decency and integrity. The fool you supported and elected has no redeeming qualities.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:59 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Without his solid black base support Obama's numbers would be lower than bush's right now;IMO. I think the worse problem Hillary has in general election is being a ex-senator and Identified with Obama administration. A governor with her husband's right of center in democratic party she is not and can't reinvent it now.remmeber hoe easily she loss to a new comer in Obama last time being same o issues. I don't think tho mandated coverage which she was in favor of and Obama campaigning not being helps her at all.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Mitt Romney actually has accomplishments, decency and integrity. The fool you supported and elected has no redeeming qualities.
Oh really? Is that why that he referred to over half of the U.S population as "takers" in secret? If he had the "integrity" that you speak so fondly of he would have said it in public.

Here is a question for you, why would someone who is a multi-millionaire want a job that pays less than 400,000 year? I really don't see any proof that he is patriotic since he managed to skip going to war, nor did he have any type of plan of helping those in this country in need. Considering his own wife feels like it was "their turn" to occupy the White House.

One footnote: Apparently you do not realize who actually runs this country and here is a hint, it is not the president

Old 12-01-2013, 12:50 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i messed up.
Unless President Obama has been president sine 1789, you didnt get 17 trillion in debt from him.

You also didnt get 12 years of expanded war.

We have contractors around the world, so that is a horrible argument as well.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Without his solid black base support Obama's numbers would be lower than bush's right now;IMO. I think the worse problem Hillary has in general election is being a ex-senator and Identified with Obama administration. A governor with her husband's right of center in democratic party she is not and can't reinvent it now.remmeber hoe easily she loss to a new comer in Obama last time being same o issues. I don't think tho mandated coverage which she was in favor of and Obama campaigning not being helps her at all.

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote in the Democratic Primary, and also won California, Texas, New York, Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania .

Saying she easily lost proves you either paid absolutely no attention to the primaries and just believed some ones revisionist history, Or you have a short political memory and believed someone else's revisionist history.

The only reason hillary wasnt the Democratic Nominee in 2008 was because of Super delegates.

Barack Obama positioned himself well with in the Democratic Party, making Friends with Harry Reid before he was even the Dem Senate leader, getting the support of swing state Dem Senators in the primaries as well as Red state Dem governors and senators.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
There really won't be a viable 3rd party until the USA changes its "winner-take-all" system of allocating votes, e.g. the electoral college system, which tends to lock in the institutional bias towards a 2-party electoral system, to a proportional representation system, which gives 3rd parties a fighting chance (though that also makes coalition governments more common). I don't really see any political will to make that happen.
This same thing has been posted before but i have yet to see how it would some how change the system.

Why would a 3rd party suddenly arise simply because the electoral college was now proportional ?

Old 12-01-2013, 01:39 AM

833 posts, read 1,199,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I wasn't one of the 93%. I actually have a brain.
Me neither

The funny thing is this; Blacks and Hispanics (especially hispanics) tend to have a conservative view on things. However- because of the way the GOP is "branded" they don't vote that way.

Handouts are another thing as well. Who do you vote for, when you want handouts? Who do you vote for when you're pro-immigration? Those two can't be easily overlooked.

And then you have the whole "republicans are the KKK, republicans are racist blah blah blah" however, if you look at history- it shows an entirely different story. Now don't get me wrong, i'd be extremely naive to believe there are no racists in the GOP. But the same thing goes for the democratic party, they're not immortal.

I watched a great documentary about southern black conservatives, it was very insightful and eye opening. The movie is called "runaway slave" and it's on netflix right now. I encourage everyone, especially african-americans to watch it. A little descriptions is written below.

In a cross-country trek across America, Rev. C.L. Bryant makes the case that government entitlement programs are a new form of slavery.

I think that because this is such an eye-opening documentary, I will make a thread about it. I would like to have people watch it, and discuss what they think in the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections