Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2012, 03:17 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times

Advertisements

So, for the last two years, we have called each other idiots. We blamed each other for the destruction of america, lied about each other, called each other idiots some more, called democrats welfare queens, called republicans elitist, and where did that get us, back in the same spot 2 years later. Republicans have used the filibuster more times than anybody can count, and harry reid has blocked any bill from the house from being discussed and yet we think its only won party being obstructionist. How about we cut this crap and get off our high horse and quit acting like 2nd graders in a sandbox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 03:29 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Politics is like fencing. One must parry every opposing thrust or get stabbed in the heart. The attacks of your opponents cannot be ignored or left unchecked.

I'd like to say the republicans fought the good fight and commiserate on their loss but I can't and I won't. They fought dirty and pounced at every sign of weakness. They sold snake oil at every stage of the process and changed the label whenever it was expedient. If ever there was true justice in the world, it was on Nov. 6th, 2012, when the Democrats ran the political table and the American People soundly rejected the far right tea party, republican agenda and sent those carpetbaggers packing.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:41 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Politics is like fencing. One must parry every opposing thrust or get stabbed in the heart. The attacks of your opponents cannot be ignored or left unchecked.

I'd like to say the republicans fought the good fight and commiserate on their loss but I can't and I won't. They fought dirty and pounced at every sign of weakness. They sold snake oil at every stage of the process and changed the label whenever it was expedient. If ever there was true justice in the world, it was on Nov. 6th, 2012, when the Democrats ran the political table and the American People soundly rejected the far right tea party, republican agenda and sent those carpetbaggers packing.
I would like to say there is even a small part of this post that is rational, but their isn't..... a typical partisan who believes everything that his state media tells him.... a beacon of irrational hatred based on lies by his mouthpiece, anyone else is the enemy straight from the Democrat playbook if they think even slightly diffferently

I will never respect you ever and will laugh in your face if I ever meet you and love doing so......

I have nothing in common with you or anybody else who thinks crazy like you....... you can kiss my much more successful and better looking behind...

Oh, and I had a great day today and will do so tommorrow as well.... I am smiling right now while I post this call out of you

Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
So, for the last two years, we have called each other idiots. We blamed each other for the destruction of america, lied about each other, called each other idiots some more, called democrats welfare queens, called republicans elitist, and where did that get us, back in the same spot 2 years later. Republicans have used the filibuster more times than anybody can count, and harry reid has blocked any bill from the house from being discussed and yet we think its only won party being obstructionist. How about we cut this crap and get off our high horse and quit acting like 2nd graders in a sandbox.
My solution would be ending both the Democrat and Republican political parties. They are both useless. The Dems can have full control and they remain useless. the Republicans can likewise have full control and they too remain useless.

The reason nothing changes is because the American people continue to reward the same bad behavior. Whoever spends the most money on a campaign generally wins. Whoever does the best job of demonizing the opposition generally wins. Obama's organizational success just opens another element of success factors. It also has absolutely nothing to do with a candidate's ability to successfully lead this country. Obama's leadership skills suck and I cannot fathom that changing. You can't be the one saying "my way or the highway" and then whine about the opposition not being cooperative. You're the one that set the precedent of non-cooperation.

We just re-elected gridlock. Every element keeping America in the grasp of gridlock just got re-elected by the American people. The American people re-elected the GOP House, the Democratic Senate and President Obama. So America has just given a mandate to the US government to do absolutely nothing. If the American people actually wanted things done, one of those three pillars of gridlock should have fallen. Why didn't that happen?

Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Health care reform is safe. We're not going to run off on a whim and bomb Syria. The teavangelicals can't appoint a couple more Scalias to the Supreme Court. Sounds like it was worth it to me.

I agree that we need to end the gridlock, but we DID accomplish things, including killing Bin Laden and slow and steady improvements in the economy regardless

Last edited by mb1547; 11-07-2012 at 05:51 PM..

Old 11-07-2012, 04:51 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Health care reform is safe. We're not going to run off on an whim and bomb Syria. The teavangelicals can't appoint a couple more Scalias to the Supreme Court. Sounds like it was worth it to me.

I agree that we need to end the gridlock, but we DID accomplish things, including killing Bin Laden and slow and steady improvements in the economy regardless
Health care reform as it exists is going to impose a huge burden on the middle class that Obama is supposedly so fond of. Bomb Syria? Probably not until Obama runs out of drone targets in Libya, but don't count on it not happening. SCOTUS is what it is, as long as the new justice actually judges and doesn't legislate I don't really care what side of the aisle he or she butters their bread on.

The slow and steady improvements in the economy aren't going to last. Right now the economy is being propped up by a steady stream of paper coming out of the Fed, along with taxpayer money that is being used to keep corporations afloat. The government will run out of both fairly soon, at which point there will be another financial meltdown unless something is done fairly quickly to truly stimulate the economy. Unfortunately, I don't see either side as willing to compromise, so we'll probably be stuck in gridlock other than a backroom deal that extends the fiscal cliff a bit farther.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
I saw plenty of Republicans losing last night, especially some of the far right, so I would call that a win for America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections