Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:25 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,819,769 times

Advertisements

Romney wanted even more corporate de-regulation, and tax cuts for the rich.

the whole reason for the recession.

no wonder he lost!

Great to have Obama in again - away with all the Repub. dinosaurs!

Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,112,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If you listen to right wing talk, not recommended, you will hear a mass of excuses all in denial of what actually happened.

Republican media - Fox and Friends say the following are the reasons.
1. People want free stuff - Things like social security how dare those old people.
2. Hurricane Sandy - I guess God wanted them to lose
3. Obama had a better campaign
4. The media was in the tank for Obama - that is ironic coming from faux news
5. They needed a hispanic on the ticket - yeah because hispanics only vote for hispanics
6. My favorite - Mitt was not conservative enough

They can't face the real reasons.

Their policies are not popular.
1. Privatizing social security - not popular
2. Medicare vouchers - not popular
3. Trickle down economics - Nobody bought the job creator crap
4. Govt. intruding on women's choice over their own body.
5. No plan for health care for the middle class.

This is why they lost, but they will never admit it.

Horse Pucky

Old 11-07-2012, 06:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,107,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, they're not.
State Trends for 2011 on Abortion, Family Planning, Sex Education and Insurance
Laws Affecting Reproductive Health and Rights:
Trends in the First Quarter of 2011

To date, legislators have introduced 916 measures related to reproductive health and rights in the 49 legislatures that have convened their regular sessions. (Louisiana’s legislature will not convene until late April.) By the end of March, seven states had enacted 15 new laws on these issues, including provisions that:

Legitimate rape?
Women don't get pregnant from being raped?

I read and I know my issues.
Your party made me (and dozens of women that I know) into one issue voters.
See, the woman's body has a way to shut that whole thing down (the R party).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf

Keep repeating your denial, we know why you didn't win, you might as well accept it.
How is Obama being President going to change what States do ? I don't see the connection here.
30 states have Republican Governors.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 PM

12,223 posts, read 6,390,535 times
Pandering to a shrinking group of old white guys isn`t working for the GOP. How long will it be until they figure that out?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Pandering to a shrinking group of old white guys isn`t working for the GOP. How long will it be until they figure that out?
The difference in the popular vote doesn't agree with your opinion of a dying breed.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:49 PM

12,223 posts, read 6,390,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The difference in the popular vote doesn't agree with your opinion of a dying breed.
It`s not exactly the "big tent" over there.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
What's funny is that ALL of those "real reasons" you posted are due exclusively to the Democrats lies and distortions. None of those things are actually true.

The democrats have a fantastic marketing machine, though. We saw just how good it's become in the 2008 campaign, and they steamrolled right through the 2012 campaign. Tell a lie often enough and with enough flair, and you can get anyone to believe anything. Yesterday is undeniable proof.
Nonsense. Take the free stuff one. I have heard that on talk radio a half dozen times today.

I suspect it has little to do with the democratic marketing campaign...the Romney one was easily as good if not better.

A lot of it is shifting demographics. The right has to find sufficient appeal in the overall electorate to have a chance. And that likely means separation from the lunatic fringe...no more Sharron Angles.

I suspect the right is out of it now for at least the next 12 years. Obama than Clinton or someone. The right will get bashed and beaten and eventually reform. Probably lose control of the house in a massive demo victory if the economy turns as all the economists project...

Life if hard...you simply get killed if you try and run from either fringe.

Last edited by lvoc; 11-07-2012 at 07:03 PM..

Old 11-07-2012, 06:52 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,968,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If you listen to right wing talk, not recommended, you will hear a mass of excuses all in denial of what actually happened.

Republican media - Fox and Friends say the following are the reasons.
1. People want free stuff - Things like social security how dare those old people.
2. Hurricane Sandy - I guess God wanted them to lose
3. Obama had a better campaign
4. The media was in the tank for Obama - that is ironic coming from faux news
5. They needed a hispanic on the ticket - yeah because hispanics only vote for hispanics
6. My favorite - Mitt was not conservative enough

They can't face the real reasons.

Their policies are not popular.
1. Privatizing social security - not popular
2. Medicare vouchers - not popular
3. Trickle down economics - Nobody bought the job creator crap
4. Govt. intruding on women's choice over their own body.
5. No plan for health care for the middle class.

This is why they lost, but they will never admit it.
Just what you'd expect from the "OMG, all the polls are skewed!"/"Democrat oversampling!"/"Huge enthusiasm gap in favor of Romney!" crowd...

Old 11-07-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It`s not exactly the "big tent" over there.
It was 60 million to 57 million, not exactly a dying breed either.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:53 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,968,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
How about the stock market took a giant s*** today.

How about Mayor Bloomberg won't sent in the National Guard with weapons to keep thugs at bay who are looting, robbing, breaking and entering...... and running wild in the streets.

More to come..........

I can't wait!
LOL! The DJIA is up 5000 points in Obama's term (over 60%, an excellent four-year-return), yet a one-day drop is supposed to be a damning indictment of Obama... LOL, you just can't make this stuff up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections