Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Yawn.Laugh while you can living in that cesspool of san fransissyco
Stay classy, my friend.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:16 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Disrepectful does not mean inviting every hispanic with a third grade education and five children to live here and collect welfare in the middle of a recession. The hispanic agenda needs to focus on the needs of Americans, not the needs of Latin Americans. The election was about meeting the needs of women, fighting religious fanaticism, making the one percenters pay their fair share and fixing our infrastructure. It was NOT about handing special immigration rights to Latinos based on race.

I loathe Rush but I'm sick and tired of the idiotic and racist Latino drumbeat that we need to hand our citizenship to every single twit who walks across our borders without our permission, no job skills, no education and no intention of ever learning English. When we have no jobs for our own people the only thing that arrogant jerk is welcome to do is go home!!!!
You raise some good points. But remember it ain't just about "illegals", and don't forget that the majority of our Welfare still goes to poor whites, many of whom similarly breed lotsa kids they can't afford (and need "services"), and who would rather collect SSI, Section 8, food stamps and the rest... instead of getting an education and some decent job skills to help better compete against low-wage "illegals". But which they avoid doing, simply because an accident of birth makes 'em feel "entitled"!

Old 11-07-2012, 05:20 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Instead of bellowing to his sheeple, Limbaugh should like in the mirror. His constant braying, insulting, misinformation, and hate mongering is what was rejected, soundly. Idiots like him and his knuckle-dragging flock have never had the respect of the country. Rush rules the white trash vote, but thankfully for all of us, they are a shrinking minority.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM

1,403 posts, read 936,943 times
White Patriots...you keep dreaming their fiddle...that's what you got played for..

Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
This is the beginning of a great exodus of the immigrants that came here from 200 years ago. We now realize we've lost our country and will leave. You can redistribute and ever shrinking pie. Yes, I will take my millions with me.

Bye
We won't miss your millions of excuses. Au revoir!

Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Rush is practically wetting himself with excitement that Obama won, he gets more listeners when theres a Democrat in the White House. Obama's reelection will keep fat boy stocked up on as much Oxycontin as his heart desires

Old 11-07-2012, 05:30 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What power does Rush have?

I guess dems are too stupid to twist their radio dial.
I'm going to be nice and assume that you just pretend that you don't understand things...at all.

When politicians say things that Rush doesn't like, including republicans, he blasts them in front of millions of listeners on his show--he has a broader listener base than any other conservative, and his fans believe every single word he says. They're fanatical. That's why, when he attacks other R's, they usually come scrambling to kiss his ring and walk back everything they've said. Rush shuts off any debate or differences of opinion in the party, and it's really unhealthy. I think it's one reason why the R's are in trouble now. I think Rush is behind a big chunk of the party purity tests. He's gone too far though--he's still struggling to come back from the Sanda Fluke thing with sponsors. He's not invulnerable anymore.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:30 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,533,519 times
Even if the conservatives wanted to leave, no country would let them in.
They would be like"aw heck no we got enough of our own crazies."

Maybe they can try no government religious state paradises of somalia or south sudan.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I agree, there are still a few intelligent Republicans that haven't yet been run out of the party, and they're capable of reading the breakdown of voters and demographics. They know they'll either have to wrest control away from the crazies or they are finished.

The big gasbag will continue to belch exhaust until someone in the GOP gets the courage to tell him to shut the hell up, that he doesn't speak for the party--and does so without apologizing an hour later and kissing his ring in contrition. Does anyone think there is such a courageous Republican?
John Huntsman has already attacked the rigidity of the teavangelical end of the party. Jeb Bush has been pretty open about saying that the party has to change and become more diverse or die. I think they're out there, but I don't think they'll go after the far right media unless they pull in others, and a group of them work together to do it.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:41 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,640 times
Isn't it ironic that the likes of Beck, Limbaugh and Fox News actually helped the Democrats win - and yet their idiotic followers will continue to suck up all their propaganda (and make them millions of dollars in the process) - all the while seemingly oblivious to the fact that their gurus just make the GOP even more unelectable just by their association with and endorsement of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections