Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 01:52 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I realize the implications, but I think the problems are overstated. Look at real life examples. Other countries have more debt per GDP than we do and are doing fine. We need to reduce spending, but sensibly, so we don't go to complete sh*t like Spain or Italy.
What countries are those? You're not referring to Japan are you because that would be silly. Japan is a net saver and their people don't consume like pigs and have no net savings as a nation like America.

I do t think you folks understand the implications of not being able to just continue to consume for forever. By 2025 they'll be about 8.2 billion people on the planet and because of that your food, energy and goods prices will have huge pressures put on them as demand increases dramatically as about 3 billion people right now are going through different stages of industrialization.

There's no going back and countries like China aren't going to want to continue to fund America's spending spree for forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 05:19 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Republican party really needs to improve by 2016, its sad seeing them go downhill like this.
I'd say by 2014

Old 11-08-2012, 06:11 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I'm assuming you're now blaming promiscuity on Obama? This is not even the right place to discuss this, and unless you have some proof in your hands other than hearsay that 1.) promiscuity is increasing, 2.) it's being actively engineered by liberals, and 3.) it's making us miserable, I don't really give a damn. People have been telling me all my life that various things are going to destroy us and I'm not buying it.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:36 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Okay, I'll play. After some wheeling and dealing which screws the middle class and gives the poor absolutely nothing, both the republicans, democrats and Obama hash out an extremely unpopular tax increase and spending cut plan. Nobody likes it and the economy continues to stagnate and actually begins to slide back significantly. Then in an " earthshaking" revelation, information about Obama is discovered and he and Biden are forced to resign, but avoid criminal charges. Thats if he's lucky. Boehner takes over as President in a bloodless coup but opens his staff to top democrats as a peace gesture. The country is more divided than ever and things get ugly across socioeconomic and racial lines, exactly what they want. Moves are taken to stop the violence and more rights and freedoms are temporarily suspended, permanently. Likewise spending is cut further and taxes are increased but the rich continue to prosper as always. Soon everybody is poor or lower middle class.
The floodgates to immigrants are wide open to "stimulate the economy" by keeping manufacturing costs down and wages competetitive with China. Crime escalates, guns have to be banned which causes crime to escalate further. The Cerberus Corporation( google it) ends all ammo production to aid in that endeavor. The illegals have the vote in a streamlined path to citizenship( sign here, you're now an american.) But with wholesale electronic voter fraud it won't matter anyway.
The Federal Reserve bails out the US debt by having vast areas of national land sold to it at a firesale prices complete with all its resources.
I'm probably jumping the gun by about 15 or 20 years but its starting now.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:40 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Obama care will become like Medicare and SS. A 3rd rail in politics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections