Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Republican men are just evil woman hating racist especially the white ones.They only care about babies, evil satanists
Wow, really? Well, I didn't think that, but since you are one, I suppose you would know. Thank you for that information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You seem to believe that if women are benefiting from anything, that means men are losing something. It's not a zero sum game. Have you ever heard the saying, a rising tide lifts all boats?

Just curious, why do you capitalize the word Men and not women? A telling little slip there?
Please don't read too much about the capitalization as I also do the opposite = just a bad habit when I stress something sometimes.

Free contraceptives and other things a percentage of women want amongst other things get granted eventually as a benefit and with men they're not most of the time, in fact they may as well say "the heck with you men you're ".

This is where my frustrations about the two genders benefits at a governmental level are at.

Now to pay for all of this? I surely don't want to see us become Greece.

I love everyone too much for wanting this country to go fiscally off the deep end.

Also: Women breast cancer gets media attention with it's donations, "pinkies" lol! and such. Men's prostrate cancer = "I hear crickets" in comparison and really no media attention, that means we don't count and only here to serve.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:06 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow, really? Well, I didn't think that, but since you are one, I suppose you would know. Thank you for that information.
that is what the Dem party has labeled .us for 18 months Just accepting the terms of tolerance from Dem's

Old 11-08-2012, 11:21 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Please don't read too much about the capitalization as I also do the opposite = just a bad habit when I stress something sometimes.
I'll accept that.

Quote:
Free contraceptives and other things a percentage of women want amongst other things get granted eventually as a benefit and with men they're not most of the time, in fact they may as well say "the heck with you men you're ".
Actually, I don't believe women want free contraceptives, they just want their insurance companies to cover contraceptives, they way they cover other drugs. But be that as it may, here's what I don't get about this argument from the right--contraceptives are not just a women's issue--it benefits both genders. Without them, many men would be on the hook for years of child support for children they didn't necessarily want, either. Do a cost benefit analysis and then tell me what makes more sense from a purely financial aspect--a few bucks a month for contraceptives or the expense of pregnancy, childbirth and then 18+ years of supporting said child. This should be YOUR issue, too, as a man.

Quote:
Also: Women breast cancer gets media attention with it's donations, "pinkies" lol! and such. Men's prostrate cancer = "I hear crickets" in comparison and really no media attention, that means we don't count and only here to serve.
The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation with its pink ribbons was started by a private citizen after her sister died of the disease. If you want to go do something similar for prostrate cancer, who is stopping you? Go for it.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:33 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
The GOP will win in 2016, only, if, the economy really is in the crapper, which would mean conditions even worse than 2008, that's doubtful, since I can recall, any recessions, in the middle of a decade in my lifetime. Or, if they elect and choose a younger moderate, right center, like Huntsman or Gary Johnson, if the runs as a Republican. They have got to wake up and realize that neo conservative values, particularly socially, just don't win elections anymore. Some people think they helped Bush win in 2004, but, bluntly, Bush, and OH, in 2004, was just a repeat of Bush in FL, in 2000.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Lightbulb Democrats Should be Concerned About 2016

So should the Pubs, fyi.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:39 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
The GOP won't win anything of importance at the national level until they chill out and embrace a more libertarian philosophy. It is where a majority of Americans are on the political spectrum...fiscally conservative, socially liberal, and anti war unless it is necessary like WWII. It would allow them access to more voters in traditionally blue areas. Also, playing God on social issues is very unappealing for the majority.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:

This is where my frustrations about the two genders benefits at a governmental level are at.

Now to pay for all of this? I surely don't want to see us become Greece.

I love everyone too much for wanting this country to go fiscally off the deep end.

First of all, insurance coverage of contraception is not free contraceptives. It's coverage of doctor-prescribed medicine. Secondly, contraception benefits MEN and women. There are a lot of MEN, millions, even, who like to have sex and don't want a baby as a result of their sexual activity. When a woman uses contraception to avoid pregnancy, the contraceptive she uses benefits both her, AND the man that has sex with her. So there is no "the heck with you men" on that issue.

And secondly, insurance companies are happy to cover contraception, since it benefits the insurance companies as well. Birth control is MUCH MUCH cheaper than paying for a pregnancy and childbirth, and then paying to cover the resultant child.

As for women breast cancer getting media attention, that's because a foundation works tirelessly to promote awareness and women's health policies. The Susan G Komen Foundation is not a branch of our government, though our government may consult with the experts at the foundation on issue of women's health. You might remember that women make up the majority of the population, so the government does have an interest in promoting women's health.

If you'd like similar attention paid to prostate health, please put in the work to create a foundation that will work tirelessly to promote awareness and men's health policies. There's nothing stopping you from doing so, and if you put in the same level of work and commitment to the issues that concern you as the people at the Komen Foundation have, you will have equal success.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
So should the Pubs, fyi.
Why nothing will be left. Over 20 trillion in debt .The credit card Will be do at some point .The Republicans should let the democrats now destroy the country bu giving them every p[program every tax penalty so that when it collapses they can no longer be blamed and can be the ones to actually rebuild

Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
How well will democrats do in 2016 without a Barack Obama type candidate running??

We keep hearing how the republicans are now being hurt by America's changing racial and ethnic demographics. But more than likely the next democratic candidates won't be as successful as Obama was at taking advantange of these changing demographics. I mean even the next black democratic candidate might not be as successful as Obama was with being able to attract huge numbers of black-American and Latino voters. So are democrats jumping the gun in assuming they have it made from now on just because of changing demographics?
What are you kidding me? Every good little Democrat knows Hilarious Klintonista will be the 45th President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections