Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:33 AM

121 posts, read 152,910 times

Advertisements

Romney was pretty much a George W. Bush. Just be happy Repubs that you aren't being packed off to fight in Iran in the next few years. Although i'm guessing a lot of you are chickenhawks and would flee at the first hint of real military service or physical danger just like your silver spoon draft dodging candidates.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:34 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Wrong answer, Buddy Boy, but keep dreaming. FACT: republicans still maintain control of the House.

But none of that really matters. Both parties need to start working together to rebuild this country. Our economy is in the tank!
I never said they lost control of the House, I said a number of the Tea Party candidates had their butts handed to them after only one term.

Also, the House is the only place the Republicans will be relevant because of political districts and the number of safe seats for both sides. But you keep dreaming if you think you will see a Republican President any time soon.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:35 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamaniac View Post
Those points brought up are part and parcel of what Republicans believe in which actively hurt the country.

Do you really not comprehend that simple fact?

Go spew your hate and divisiveness else where. Stop lumping all republicans together, just as all democrats should not be. Not everyone agrees with everything in their party - but you are capable of understanding that, right?

Neither Republicans, nor Democrats, have been fully to blame for has and is hurting this country. But you can comprehend that simple FACT, right?

Bottom line is, this country needs major help and that is not going to happen if everyone does not work together.

If you can't understand and work with that, please take a one way flight out of this country. You can understand that simple fact, right!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,752,166 times
20. Keep the repugnant, vitriolic mouth-pieces of the party: Rush, Hannity, Palin, Coulter, et al.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:38 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
20. Get rid of the repugnant, vitriolic mouth-pieces of the party: Rush, Hannity, Palin, Coulter, et al.
Yea!! Another idiotic, divisiveness, contributing nothing, democrat! You DO realize that both parties need to work together right now, right? Good, now grow up!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:39 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Quote:
I guess you obsessed, GOP, pathetic haters forgot about the elections 2 years ago where you got your butts handed to you, right? And the fact that we maintained control of the House and pick up several more govenorships.

Aren't you lefties supposed to be the party of working together and acceptance and love and change and all that? Careful, your TRUE colors are showing.

Why don't you take a page out of your own book, shut your stupid mouths, and PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!!

This country needs major help - we are in ruin - and that requires everyone working together. But surely you know that, right?
Amen.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can't rep you again, but I certainly can agree with you. Oh and BTW, I don't see these bullies addressing who still holds the house or more than that, which party has more Rep Govn which hasn't happened for close to 100years.
That is an impressive feat, and it shows that Republicans at the state level are still of value and not corrupt by the far right, which is what we need, more moderate Republicans in charge than the far right.

Fun fact, most of the states that went Red for Romney also has a Republican governor (though not every state) and Those 30 states are not ever going to be enough for a Republican to win a presidential election.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:41 AM

121 posts, read 152,910 times
Sarah Palin has honestly been the best thing ever for the Democrat party. She's sowed discord within and been a beacon of idiocy and bad press for the Republican party to people watching her antics. Plus she had a big hand in fostering the Tea Party the patron saints of stupid.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:43 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can't rep you again, but I certainly can agree with you. Oh and BTW, I don't see these bullies addressing who still holds the house or more than that, which party has more Rep Govn which hasn't happened for close to 100years.
Y'all bet the farm on a strategy of trying to bring down the POTUS, and the country, and you FAILED (and lost the next 4 years... at least)! As if that isn't enuff, the GOP also had a net loss of 6 seats in the House and 3 in the Senate (and BTW, governors have little say at the federal level... or else we'd still have segregation, among other things).

Although learning to appreciate the 'small things', and 'lowering your expectations' is at least a good start...

Old 11-08-2012, 09:44 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Yea!! Another idiotic, divisiveness, contributing nothing, democrat! You DO realize that both parties need to work together right now, right? Good, now grow up!
Lol. They do need to work together. Compromise. That is a hard word for the Republicans. Hell, the democrats and independents have tried to be gracious in victory (minus mocking the most "vocal" right leaning posters), but it has been really hard when half of the posters here, are mourning the death of the Country because their guy didn't get elected. I can tell you one thing, if Romney got elected, you wouldn't hear the more liberal folk here mourning the death of the country. And I am very sure the "vocal" right would be less than gracious to put it nicely. Anyway, compromise. Republicans can't look at it as a bad word anymore. The Democrats are standing in the middle of the aisle waiting for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections