Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 03:06 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Does Planned Parenthood need federal funding? I don't think so. I'm not against anyone having an abortion if they want one, but why should taxpayers pay for it?
I guess you are right and there is certainly no way that Mr. Romney would have nominated a pro-life justice to the Supreme Court or anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 03:16 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times
She is by far and way the most qualified woman to run for president but she simply is not interested in the job.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't see why the pro-choice thing is being brought up. Even Romney said that he PERSONALLY against abortion, but that he thinks you have to allow other people to make their own choice. I don't think Condie being pro-choice would be a problem at all.

I have a feeling a lot of conservatives are like me - fiscal conservatives/social moderates.

No president is going to the epitome of what either party wants. Obama didn't decide he was for gay marriage until THIS election came up. Yet he was nominated in 2008 and gays voted for him in 2008.
That is not what he told Mike Huckabee.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:28 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
It would be a clear signal that the GOP has pulled their heads out on a number of issues. Condi would make a very intriguing nominee. She'd be an excellent president too. The woman is brilliant and exudes competence. The GOP could a candidate with both qualities in abundance.

And I do love irony. I'd love to see the GOP be the first to nominate a black woman. But would they actually do such a thing??

Old 11-08-2012, 03:44 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i disagree, identity politics is important with minority groups when a viable minority is running.
Oh really? Where is Herman Cain? Why did George Bush do so badly with black voters when he had several prominent black cabinet members? Why did Republicans loose so bad under the direction of Micheal Steele?

This is nepotism at it's worst.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:46 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It would be a clear signal that the GOP has pulled their heads out on a number of issues. Condi would make a very intriguing nominee. She'd be an excellent president too. The woman is brilliant and exudes competence. The GOP could a candidate with both qualities in abundance.

And I do love irony. I'd love to see the GOP be the first to nominate a black woman. But would they actually do such a thing??
I think they would. But the problem is that Condi doesn't want to run. I was really hoping that we could have Condi run against Hilary in 2008. That would have been great! Or against Obama would have been great too. I was thinking how great it would be to have the first black president AND the first woman president all rolled into one! And if she's gay like some people say - well hey, she could be the first black, the first woman, and the first gay president all rolled into one! Maybe there's already been a gay president and they were in the closet though.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:19 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Condi's smart but she worked for Bush and has no charisma.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:09 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
This is an extremely competent and intelligent woman who commands the respect of citizens of both parties.

She is pro-choice and pro-gay.

She is also about 60 years old and has never been married. Tongues wag about the reason for that. I suspect that neither she nor the GOP would want to go through the experience of what the dirt diggers would come up with.
No dirt at all. She is in what appears to be a committed relationship with Randi Bean. i wish them nothing but happiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections