Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 04:18 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
I mentioned this in the other Grayson thread, but it makes sense to post it here:

Alan Grayson introduced legislation that said people of any age/anywhere would be able to buy into Medicare (at cost) which would broaden the coverage pool and lower healthcare costs for all. It makes perfect sense and would not cost taxpayers a dime because the premiums would always be voluntary and self-financing. It was so obviously simple that Republicans couldn't handle it. Not only did it fail, Alan Grayson lost his seat. I wonder how many health insurance companies funded the opponents of that legislation.

What neo-con could possibly argue against his policy? Why?
It made perfect sense to me.
Now he gets to try again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 05:13 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Voluntary. Right....until there's no money to pay for the healthcare of those that are in the program, because what they pay is FAR less than what they take out. And then, once again, they'll come running with their hands out, shrieking that you can't let those poor and sick folk suffer. Rinse and repeat.

YOU DON'T GET IT! The plan premiums will be set to pay for those "price increases" if they were to happen (remember, I said AT COST)... but they'll actually go DOWN because there will be more people paying into the system, lowering the cost curve for ALL. I can't believe ANYBODY could poke a hole in this system. It's essentially the current Medicare system for those over 65 plus anybody else who voluntarily chooses to buy into the system at cost.

Think of it as your current health insurance plan that you already have, but cheaper and nobody there making a salary of $30 Million per year and no shareholders to make a profit off your death because some company says your cancer was a pre-existing condition. Is this plan really that hard to understand? DUHHHHHHH

Last edited by logline; 11-09-2012 at 05:41 PM..

Old 11-09-2012, 07:17 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
And it's all a delay tactic to prevent the legitimate winner from taking his seat in the House. If the House convenes before the lawsuit is settled and votes for some semi-important bills, such as one to prevent driving over the fiscal cliff, then there is one less Democrat for the Repubs to have to worry about.

Ron Coleman did the same thing to Al Franken in 2008. Franken wasn't sworn in and seated until 6 months after the election.
Interesting. Thank you. I only remember him as being the lunatic who said that many House Democrats were Communists.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post

Alan Grayson introduced legislation that said people of any age/anywhere would be able to buy into Medicare (at cost) which would broaden the coverage pool and lower healthcare costs for all. It makes perfect sense and would not cost taxpayers a dime because the premiums would always be voluntary and self-financing. It was so obviously simple that Republicans couldn't handle it. Not only did it fail, Alan Grayson lost his seat. I wonder how many health insurance companies funded the opponents of that legislation.

What neo-con could possibly argue against his policy? Why?
I'll be the first to sign up!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Gotta love Grayson...remember when he grilled the federal reserve about them dealing in BILLIONS of money with foreign banks? Essentially, giving money to foreign banks without the permission of congress or anyone else...AND THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THEY GAVE THE MONEY TO!

Alan Grayson: "Which Foreigners Got the Fed's $500,000,000,000?" Bernanke: "I Don't Know." - YouTube

This is guy is awesome.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:00 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Gotta love Grayson...remember when he grilled the federal reserve about them dealing in BILLIONS of money with foreign banks? Essentially, giving money to foreign banks without the permission of congress or anyone else...AND THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THEY GAVE THE MONEY TO!

Alan Grayson: "Which Foreigners Got the Fed's $500,000,000,000?" Bernanke: "I Don't Know." - YouTube

This is guy is awesome.
If Grayson had an "R" next to his name in that video in stead of a "D", Republicans would be cheering him to no end for sticking it to Ben Bernanke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections