Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Like what?

"It's the Romney-Ryan Plan" | Crooks and Liars

Mitt Romney Massachusetts Budget Targeted Programs For Poor, Disabled

FACT CHECK: Yes, Romney's Tax Plan Requires A Middle-Class Tax Increase | ThinkProgress

There were not "Nuns on a Bus" crisscrossing the country for nothing in protest of the budget that would have come to pass. Why are you pretending that you have not been aware of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I am a sympathetic and empathetic person and my first instinct is to have the compassion you speak of, but then I remember that Romney was willing to implement policies to pander to the fringe nuts that ultimately would have hurt average Americans and I struggle with that bit of compassion I might have for him.
Oh--I'm with you his needing to lose and lose big--don't doubt that. I think Romney is a liar and the tea party scares me to death. I'm not trying to criticize you either. I just figure the guy lost, so it's pointless to keep kicking him when he's already down. It's over, thank God.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:34 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
The fact that Romney was blindsided by this result says a lot about the echo chamber the Right sealed themselves inside of this election. The outcome should not have been a surprise to such a well-funded, supposedly well-organized campaign.
To be fair, Obama got his arse handed to him in the (first two, at least) debates because the media never challenged him. Both candidates were in bubbles of a sort. The difference is that the media' supposed to be fair. It isn't.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:36 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Oh--I'm with you his needing to lose and lose big--don't doubt that. I think Romney is a liar and the tea party scares me to death. I'm not trying to criticize you either. I just figure the guy lost, so it's pointless to keep kicking him when he's already down. It's over, thank God.
Romney ran an ad in Ohio that he knew was an outright LIE in attempt to intentionally decieve voters (among numerous lies and half-truths). He deserves every kick he gets.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
"It's the Romney-Ryan Plan" | Crooks and Liars

Mitt Romney Massachusetts Budget Targeted Programs For Poor, Disabled

FACT CHECK: Yes, Romney's Tax Plan Requires A Middle-Class Tax Increase | ThinkProgress

There were not "Nuns on a Bus" crisscrossing the country for nothing in protest of the budget that would have come to pass. Why are you pretending that you have not been aware of this?
Not pretending. I don't read your sources. I doubt you read mine. In any case, your sources and mine are opinionated. Anyways, Obama won and Romney lost.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Romney ran an ad in Ohio that he knew was an outright LIE in attempt to intentionally decieve voters (among numerous lies and half-truths). He deserves every kick he gets.
Curious. What did the ad say?

Old 11-08-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You have to have thick skin to run for any office, but you practically need steel armor to run for president, because attacks on your character are going to part of it. You choose to run, so you choose to put yourself through that, but it never feels good to lose, especially when you didn't see it coming. I read somewhere that they had an entire elaborate election night celebration ready to go, complete with fireworks. Ouch.
What utterly gets lost in the heat of battle is that both candidates are only human.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 PM

25,575 posts, read 56,451,817 times
Quote:
To be fair, Obama got his arse handed to him in the (first two, at least) debates because the media never challenged him.
Wrong. But you clearly feel better saying so.

Quote:
The difference is that the media' supposed to be fair. It isn't.
Does that include FOX? You do know that FOX (aka Bullsh*t Mountain News Network) has a viewership greater than any of the other cable networks.

http://press.foxnews.com/2012/01/fox...-news-network/

Which clearly accounts for the why 48% of the country voted for the lying thieving Romney.

So, to which MSM outlet are you assigning blame, exactly?

Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
The fact that Romney was blindsided by this result says a lot about the echo chamber the Right sealed themselves inside of this election. The outcome should not have been a surprise to such a well-funded, supposedly well-organized campaign.
It's dangerous when you're a "true believer" and you honestly don't think you can be wrong. Politics is all about compromise, and you're going to be very disappointed if you think you're always going to get your way, or you think you can't lose, because the other side thinks that they're right as well. You'd think Romney would have had some people on his staff who were more "hacks" than ideologues--campaign pros who aren't invested emotionally, and who can look at the numbers objectively and tell him the truth. That's what scares me about the R party right now--it's like they live in a fantasy world where they never talk to anyone but themselves.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 PM

998 posts, read 1,324,551 times
surprise surprise....Mitt shows again that he is out of touch with mainstream America. For all of the disdain right-wingers have for "entitlements" ; its poetic justice that the one who felt most "entitled" to the presidency got his clocks cleaned on election day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections