Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times

Advertisements

They will never take the country back, never never never. These SOB's want to live in the stone age, let's send em back to the caves.

Say hello to Mr. T Rex, have fun watching films on VHS

Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 PM

94 posts, read 172,457 times
Hopefully, they will be replaced by the Libertarians in the Republican Party. This is one reason I wanted Romney to win, not that he is anywhere near Libertarian, but that he was a Republican who ran on economic issues and didn't demagogue against gays and use code words in the debate to show how hardcore Christian he was (remember Bush talking about the Dred Scott decision when he debated Kerry, bc radical Christians view abortion as on par with slavery).

I feel that the right wing Christians will come back with a vengeance, arguing that Romney lost because he didn't have their most enthusiastic support. It is regrettably a plausible argument.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,587,196 times
America is culturally and historically a Christian nation, whether you like it or not.

Christmas is a federal/state holiday, Good Friday is a state holiday in numerous states, God is mentioned in several federal buildings, our currency, on the pledge, etc. 98% of the presidents were Christians. Sunday is the day when least amount of people work, plenty of churches everywhere, 80% of the population being Christian and much more!

Jesus Christ is the lord and savior!

Old 11-08-2012, 08:42 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonProfessional View Post
Hopefully, they will be replaced by the Libertarians in the Republican Party. This is one reason I wanted Romney to win, not that he is anywhere near Libertarian, but that he was a Republican who ran on economic issues and didn't demagogue against gays and use code words in the debate to show how hardcore Christian he was.

I feel that the right wing Christians will come back with a vengeance, arguing that Romney lost because he didn't have their most enthusiastic support. It is regrettably a plausible argument.
I never thought that the day would come that I would welcome Ronald Reagan Republicans. Due to changing demographics the influence of the Christian Right shrinks every year.

They remind me of the 8 track cassette.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
They will never take the country back, never never never. These SOB's want to live in the stone age, let's send em back to the caves.

The last election the Christian right had any influence over was 2004. This thread is simply just you showing your hate and disgust for people of faith.

Romney was not the Christian Right candidate. That was Santorum. There will always be devout Christians and you have to live with that fact. We need a Republican party that includes the Christian Right but isn't dominated by it. Most importantly Republicans need to court Latino voters, who are deeply religious but currently vote for Democrats because they are alienated by the GOP.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
Quote:
The American Christian Right is very hostile to brown people , so good luck with that.
Not true Christians.

This "Christian Right" consisting of White surpremists is shrinking every year. However there are still a lot of devout Christians of all ethnicities in this country who place importance upon their faith and moral issues and are conservative in theology. One of my best friends is Latino and devout Christian but a strong Obama supporter. He would be a good fit for the Republican party if it would shift its position on immigration.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:53 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Christmas is a federal/state holiday, Good Friday is a state holiday in numerous states, God is mentioned in several federal buildings, our currency, on the pledge, etc. 98% of the presidents were Christians. Sunday is the day when least amount of people work, plenty of churches everywhere, 80% of the population being Christian and much more!

Jesus Christ is the lord and savior!
There are more than 5,000 names for God in recorded history. Please list an official government statement citing exactly which God any government mentions refer to.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:55 PM

628 posts, read 2,070,827 times
Yep! It can't come soon enough!

One-in-Five Adults Have No Religious Affiliation - Pew Research Center

Old 11-08-2012, 08:56 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonProfessional View Post
Hopefully, they will be replaced by the Libertarians in the Republican Party. This is one reason I wanted Romney to win, not that he is anywhere near Libertarian, but that he was a Republican who ran on economic issues and didn't demagogue against gays and use code words in the debate to show how hardcore Christian he was (remember Bush talking about the Dred Scott decision when he debated Kerry, bc radical Christians view abortion as on par with slavery).

Romney received as much evangelical support as Bush did and turnout among evangelicals was actually higher this election than in 2004 and he still lost. The simple fact is America is a different country from what it was back then. The tricks that once worked for the GOP are now impotent.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Quote:

The relgious as i Chrisdtian have survive from the roman empire as coutnries;polcial systems came and gone. Its is because its never about polictics really.I guess people who see themselves as victims have to have someone to name as the evil that caused their failure as they see themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections