Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I don't care one way or the other.

[shrug]
That is the problem - too many people think that are unique and have no wish to understand how the past shaped the present, nor can they comprehend how their actions will create the future.

The importance of history is to understand why we are what we are today.

Watching Jersey Shore and Dancing with the Stars doesn't help with historical perspective.

Most of television is junk anyway - you will only find me watching the TV when a college football game is being broadcast, a presidential debate is on, or the rare time I tune into History, Discovery, TLC, or National Geographic channels - which is maybe once every 3 months.

They have excellent programming anyway - but only occasionally can I be bothered to bore my eyes into a screen to experience it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Don't know Tex personally but judging from his many past post I think he is dyslexic. Cut him some slack.
OK - I apologize for my previous post - and will now delete it.

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is the problem - too many people think that are unique and have no wish to understand how the past shaped the present, nor can they comprehend how their actions will create the future.

The importance of history is to understand why we are what we are today.

Watching Jersey Shore and Dancing with the Stars doesn't help with historical perspective.

Most of television is junk anyway - you will only find me watching the TV when a college football game is being broadcast, a presidential debate is on, or the rare time I tune into History, Discovery, TLC, or National Geographic channels - which is maybe once every 3 months.

They have excellent programming anyway - but only occasionally can I be bothered to bore my eyes into a screen to experience it.
I don't watch TV.

[try again]

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
I don't know wether that is true or not.

I have faith that we can elect a leader who is not beholden to anybody.

Our current president doesn't fit that bill - he may say that he is working "for the people" - but he really means the unions, the special interest groups, and PAC's that got him elected - many of whom are future beneficiaries of being exempt from ObamaCare.

President Obama wants to pick winners and losers - he doesn't understand or promote a free market.

That would be Karl Rove who mistakenly thought he could buy the election with his 300 million dollars plus. You think Romney wouldn't be beholden to anyone lol You're kidding right.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I don't watch TV.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 PM

345 posts, read 642,979 times
I agree, history is important. Many blame Bush for beginning these economic down-times. Many blame Obama for making it worse. The last 12 years of presidency have been failures...so why do we still vote for Democrats and Republicans? Yes, history is absolutely important, but people are still going to do the same stupid **** regardless.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:57 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yeah Harrier I'm sure we're going to hear his name often for the next 4 years from Dems anyway.
They already sounded idiotic when they did it, they will sound even more so because this time around, they only get to blame the welfare King. I mean, Obama is inheriting quite a mess from...Obama.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
There is a reason Obama has received 10 million fewer votes in 2012 than he got in 2008.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There is a reason Obama has received 10 million fewer votes in 2012 than he got in 2008.

And there's a reason Romney lost. What's your point.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:47 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
This map is provided for the left-wing people who still wrongly refer to President George W. Bush as "president select" or whom think that the 2000 election was "stolen".

President Bush won that election fair and square and he was the better candidate and proved to be a great leader.

This map says it all.

2000 Presidential election.
Why was he, his VP, and his administration totally ignored at the Repug convention? His "great leadership" would have given them a boost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections