Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 08:06 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
There is a social revolution going on in this country and the GOP missed it.

TOUCHE'; that is the thread's secondary point.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
There is no third party in the United States of America that has the legislative impact of the Democratic Party.

It's the party in post Civil Rights legislation modern America that has been at the forefront of not only seeking to protect and expand the rights of the LBGT community but other Americans that have been historically disenfranchised by Conservatives.

Frankly Republicans and the Conservative movement turn people away based on skin color, national origin, religion, and sexual orientation, and they can be downright hateful toward women who want to be empowered to make their own choices. No matter how sound your fiscal policies are you won't get people to join you or listen to you by spewing hate, fear, ignorance male chauvinism and bigotry.

Precisely my point.

But the Tea Party/GOP is doubling down on "Crazy"; it will be the end of the Modern Republican Party in 10 years...twenty at most.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Your right. America's defining ideals were once life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Today, those ideals have degraded to having all the sodomy you can fancy and killing every unborn baby you can get your hands on.
I love your posts.

Keep it up; it's EXACTLY the REASON the Tea Party/GOP will be out of business in a few more Election Cycles.

AND I THANKYOU for that!

As do most Americans and the rest of the World!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I think it adds that little something extra to the forum
Well THANKYOU.

I thought the Graphics were eye catching.

Ya gotta consider the Audience; intellectual debate does not go over well here with many posters; so I went with basic stick in their minds SIMPLE Graphics/pictures!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:19 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
I think if the GOP continues to be anti-gay, they will continue to lose elections.

It doesn't matter if 5% of the voters are LGBT, or 3% or 9% ... more important is the large numbers of non-gay people who support LGBT rights.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I get your pride and get that there is a feeling of legitimacy. Wasn't taking a swipe at either.

What I was commenting about is that; let's see the Asian immigrants, no the Hispanic immigrants, no the young single women, no, no, the solidarity of the African-American community; won the election for Mr Obama. I get all of that too.

Just chuckling about the nature of folks wanting to be a part of and identified with the winning team.

I'm just trying to make a point AND to try and stop the Tea Party/GOP from Gay Bashing all the time.

I take no offense...I'm simply presenting a mathematical scenario.

Obviously hundreds of factors go into winning OR losing an election.

For example ......

Obama now has 61.2 Million popular votes. 50.5%

Romney now has 58.2 Million popular votes. 47%

A 3 Million vote margin of victory for Obama(Hundreds of thousands votes still being counted mainly in Arizona, depending on how many they throw away).

TOTAL votes add up to 119.4 Million...let's round off for simplicity to 120,000,000 total votes.

Gay vote is 5% of that number.

Meaning 6,000,000 Gay Folks voted at a MINIMUM!

Enough to sway the election.

About 80% of Gays voted for Obama...that's 4.8 Million votes......there ya go....that's my point.

Maybe the GOP will stop bashing minorities otherwise they are TOAST!

Thanx for replying.

Who Won The Popular Vote In 2012?

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 11-10-2012 at 08:55 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I think he does get it. You get votes when you promise things.

I never thought Romney was going to be elected. But not because he doesn't support gay
marriage. But because he picked Paul Ryan who wanted a voucher system for Medicare.
There are M's of folks late 40's - 50's who are 15 years or so away from getting
Medicare. That's why Obama looked straight in the camera when he said it.

The demographics of gays, blacks, Hispanics, single women ARE the base of the Dem Party.
They never would have voted GOP.

It was those late 40-50's somethings who are concerned about health care,
the ones paying through the nose now for it, that went to the polls and couldn't
vote for Romney because of Ryan.
While we all want to think our little groups are the "ones" that make/break a election,
this time it was the economic self interest that prevailed, as it usually does.
That's my opinion anyways.

I've used this quote before, but it's just so true:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government.
It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves
largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on,
the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits
from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses
over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship." -
Alexis de Tocqueville

Let's face it, no one really voted on the issue of fiscal cliff, except us Libertarians, and we only
garnered 1.1 M votes...DEMS/REPUBS will spend, spend, spend, until... well, one day the
cows are not coming home
In general I agree however a bit over 20% of Gay Folks voted for Romney...even higher % of Hispanics.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Sure they would. They're just not going to as long as the GOP is the party of angry white homophobic racists and religious extremists who want to run other people's lives.

Take away the social extremism and the GOP could attract people from all those groups. There are plenty of gays, blacks, Hispanics, and single women who, like the GOP, will embrace an insane fiscal policy because they too have no grasp of history and no ability to use a calculator.
I LOVE It.

Great Sarcasm and great post!!! TWO thumbs up for you!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Romney himself confirmed that what he vowed to pack the Supreme Court with Conservative justices who would strike down things like Roe v. Wade and uphold DOMA.
MOST folks, IF they think about it, AGREE that DOMA is writing Discrimination into our Constitution.

And most people would agree that's UnAmerican...Not Patriotic...not Democratric and just NOT RIGHT!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I agree. I would have no problem voting for a Republican if they didn't pander to homophobic neanderthals and religious extremists. So long as they do, I will continue to vote Democratic.

Republicans need to get it through their thick skulls that religious extremism and ignorance do not a 1st World country make. You are a dying breed in the entire Western World, and that trend will only get stronger.
I completely agree. My threads secondary point/lesson I'm trying to impress on Tea Party/GOP voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections