Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliza View Post
This infuriates me. Exactly my point...the vast majority of uninformed voters sent their vote Obama's way. So irritating how everyone is encouraged to vote. It shouldn't be that way, they are encouraging the wrong thing. People should start being encouraged when the campaigning begins to actually follow the campaigns, make a well-informed decision, and THEN vote.
There is nothing new about voters being uninformed at all. Why be so angry about something that's beyond your ability to change?
Why are you thinking that discouraging turnout will change things to suit you better? How do you know that the voters were more informed than you think, and just didn't agree with you? What do you want to do about it? Make some sort of law that forces voters to be informed?

Get over it. I know it's hard, but get over it. The losers always whine about the stupidity of the voters, but those voters are real smart from the winner's perspective.

It's better to spend your brain power thinking about why you lost, not who voted against you. If you address the stuff that caused your loss, and correct that stuff, the exact same bunch of idiots may elect your guy next time. Or you can continue to wallow in your purity and watch another defeat next time.

I've been where you are now. That's the way it is here. Nobody in America ever gets their way 100% of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Educated???? NOT!!!!!! We are a doomed country with nimrods like this who think they are smart and vote accordingly.

Obama voters in line can’t answer basic government questions | Video | TheBlaze.com

you're overlooking the obvious.
No One EVER accused an obama voter of being smart or educated, they are simply parasites.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
nobody wants your trash. naysayers get nowhere in life yo.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 AM

748 posts, read 1,376,146 times
If you dont like the country you live in, there are a lot of other choices! Dont let the "door" hit you in the backside as you leave! Either quit your whining or get off the pot!

Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
hmm, I wonder how many college educated people voted for Obama over Romney.
I would venture to say ~ quite a large majority. Anyone taken a gander at the electoral college map lately?

Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
I voted for Obama. I have a PhD, and I'm a Fulbright scholar. You?

Looks like Obama carried those with postgraduate education by 55% to 42%.

Presidential Race - 2012 Election Center - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Lay off the insults and have a good weekend.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:16 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,946 times
Someone that doesn't know when to use "is" versus when to use "are" doesn't seem very educated to me.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
I know SOOO MANY ingorant, small town, high school educated, back woods/bible thumping people I went to high school with that ALL voted for Romney. Please save your "only uneducated, lazy, takers voted for Obama" spiel for your klan meetings.

Of the people I know that voted democrat about 80% of them have graduate degrees and none are on government assistance. I know that doesn't fit your narrative but your explanation for why American rejected Romney is insulting.
9/10 states with the most college degrees voted blue. ( ND was the exception)

8/10 states wth the fewest college degrees voted red. (NV and NM were the exceptions)

Old 11-09-2012, 11:18 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
youll get the same results from white romney supporters. the american electorate in general is dumbed down.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:24 AM

266 posts, read 402,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
There is nothing new about voters being uninformed at all. Why be so angry about something that's beyond your ability to change?
Why are you thinking that discouraging turnout will change things to suit you better? How do you know that the voters were more informed than you think, and just didn't agree with you? What do you want to do about it? Make some sort of law that forces voters to be informed?
It's new to me because I've only been eligible to vote in two elections. And I didn't say discourage turnout in the way you are implying, I said to not just encourage voting during the week of the election, but rather start encouraging people to get involved and form a decision by following both campaigns.

I am thinking about why the results weren't as I liked, and as an individual - these reasons are all out of my control. So your point about that is not valid.

I am generally a very open-minded person, and most certainly do not believe my way is always right. But in the case of this election, I truthfully cannot understand how Obama got as many votes as he did. The votes obviously went Left, but I still can't understand it. I feel so much less angered than I did Wednesday, as I am accepting the fact that it is locked now and nothing I can do about it. But it's still new and I still have the right to speculate as long as I want. But logically, yes - it is something we have no control over at this point (if we ever had control over it ).

Last edited by iliza; 11-09-2012 at 11:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections