Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 06:25 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Why exactly would you consider differences in the views of Huntsman versus Christie? They are pretty much the same.
Huntsman is more pro-gay than christie. christie is an azz. Even though his state legislature passed a gay marriage law, he vetoed it. No doubt, he's trying to show his anti-gay bona fides for a future run for the POTUS office. Huntsman also strikes me as much more intelligent.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:48 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think it is too early to predict, but I am not convinced Rubio will be the pick. he might has peeked to soon and is wide open for criticism. I do like him and would love to see him prevail. I also happen to like a lot of what Christie stands for, but I just think he has some problems. As for Hunstsman, never, never, never, he is a RINO.
Hunstman is more conservative than Rubio or Christie.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:57 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Hillary & Bernie Sanders.... OH yeah baby. Slam dunk.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:24 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Huntsman is more pro-gay than christie. christie is an azz. Even though his state legislature passed a gay marriage law, he vetoed it. No doubt, he's trying to show his anti-gay bona fides for a future run for the POTUS office. Huntsman also strikes me as much more intelligent.
As far as the gay issue, they both publicly have supported civil unions. That aside since the fall of DOMA, gay marriage at the national level is pretty much a non-issue.
Both candidates have similar views on climate change and amnesty for undocumented immigrants. I just find it odd that someone would consider Huntsman a Rino and not Christie. I personally like Huntsman and agree that he is very intelligent, and also like Christie because he is not afraid to speak his mind and ruffle feathers. They are both from the best the GOP has to offer.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:02 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
As far as the gay issue, they both publicly have supported civil unions. That aside since the fall of DOMA, gay marriage at the national level is pretty much a non-issue.
Both candidates have similar views on climate change and amnesty for undocumented immigrants. I just find it odd that someone would consider Huntsman a Rino and not Christie. I personally like Huntsman and agree that he is very intelligent, and also like Christie because he is not afraid to speak his mind and ruffle feathers. They are both from the best the GOP has to offer.
Absolutely.

I am a liberal Democrat and I would consider voting for either Huntsman or Christie. Honestly, I would probably vote for either over Hillary.

The discussion is moot, however, as neither one of them will likely win the GOP nomination.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:07 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Why exactly would you consider differences in the views of Huntsman versus Christie? They are pretty much the same.
Policies aside, there are huge differences between the two men. To start, Christie actually has a personality. I don't care how smart Huntsman is he always comes across as a bit too smug, and that is a huge liability. He doesn't have a shot in the primaries whereas Christie has a very good chance.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Policies aside, there are huge differences between the two men. To start, Christie actually has a personality. I don't care how smart Huntsman is he always comes across as a bit too smug, and that is a huge liability. He doesn't have a shot in the primaries whereas Christie has a very good chance.
Huntsman comes across just like Romney and Romney won the nomination.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:16 PM

Honestly, Gary Johnson should have been (and still could be, if he wants to run) the GOP nominee. He stands for everything the GOP used to stand for.

I am a Democrat and I would have voted for him in 2012.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Absolutely.

I am a liberal Democrat and I would consider voting for either Huntsman or Christie. Honestly, I would probably vote for either over Hillary.

The discussion is moot, however, as neither one of them will likely win the GOP nomination.
Why would you vote for them over Hillary if you're a liberal Democrat?

Old 07-22-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Huntsman comes across just like Romney and Romney won the nomination.
I don't know about that. Romney did a lot of kowtowing to the religious, evangelical base conservative types even though he probably knew that he wouldn't get many of their votes. From the time that Romney was governor in Mass, he made it clear that he was anti- marriage equality and continued to express those conservative values. i never heard huntsman belittle gay people the way that Romney did. Huntsman expressed his support for civil unions in contrast to Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections