Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 01:10 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,852,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Hyperbole much?

I think any decent Democratic candidate is going to have a field day with whatever goon the Republicans decide to run. Anyone who looks at the demographic and voting trends of the last presidential election and says otherwise is deluding themselves.
Yes. We are becoming a one-party nation, I'm not sure why you think that's so wonderful.

One party states...like the PRC, North Korea, and the former USSR? Count me out.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:53 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,374,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Yes. We are becoming a one-party nation, I'm not sure why you think that's so wonderful.

One party states...like the PRC, North Korea, and the former USSR? Count me out.
Where did I say it was "wonderful"?

Old 08-22-2013, 07:12 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,852,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Where did I say it was "wonderful"?
It's hard to tell over cyberspace. I felt this air of smug satisfaction coming from you when you called all potential GOP candidates "goons".

Old 08-22-2013, 08:14 AM

37,768 posts, read 40,897,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I think Bill Clinton's wife may lack the stamina and health required to be president. That is my biggest concern. We don't want another situation like we all remember back when William Henry Harrison was inaugurated.
So, you think the Benghazi "fall" was real? I worry about her temperment.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:06 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,420,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, you think the Benghazi "fall" was real? I worry about her temperment.
Real or otherwise, I am not sure the blood clot had anything to do with the fall and I too, question the reason for the fall. Hubby had a horrible case of stomach flu about the same time. He ended up in the hospital due to dehydration and very low blood pressure. He never came close to actually passing out. He is 10 years older than Hillary and isn't in 100% good health. I was never convinced of the fall story. Like you, I question her temperment. She can be just plain nasty!!! And I don't even see a sense of humor, in fact I don't see any warmth from her about anything.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,336,728 times
Fall or no fall, it's looking more and more like the GOP is being perceived in an entirely negative fashion. There isn't one Republican who is viewed favorably by the masses. Not one. Republicans decimated this country under Bush, then continued to hurt it while President Obama has been President. No way that they match up favorably with someone as highly valued as Hillary Clinton.

If Clinton decides to run, the excitement and anticipation of having the first woman President, dwarfs anything the hapless Republicans represent. To even compete with Hillary, Pubs would have to field a woman to oppose her. The only one who could possibly give her a run for her money is Condoleezza Rice. Rice is Black, so many of the GOP's own supporters won't vote for her. By elevating Rice into that position, the GOP would have a chance would be a chance to reset its ideology, shed its ignorant, bigoted roots, and join us in modern times. You Pubs cannot continue with the way you are now.

Face it Pubs, you're done!

Old 10-06-2013, 09:22 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,932,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
What "radicalization" do you refer to? The moderate Romney who was the nominee in 2012? If Romney was "radical" to you, I shudder to think what your opinion of moderate is.
The real Romney is a moderate. The one who ran did so with a hard right campaign. The real MR would have properly defended Rick Perry when he got jeered for advocating sensible educational programs for the children of illegal immigrants. Cowardly MR stayed silent. The TP scared him, and in doing so, they insured Obama would win a 2nd term.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:15 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,258,665 times
I think that if Sarah Palin had been competent, she would have a good chance in 2016.

But she's squandered all her time, and flirted all her opportunity away in 2011, right when she was at the peak of her popularity.

The GOP has some good, smart and capable female leaders within it, and there is still time to take the party control away from the teabaggers. Maybe one of those women will make the decision to run if that happens. Right now, I see none of them having a chance against the leading men of the moment.

The only true thing about Romney is he turned out to be a squish. But even if he had been as tough as boiled owl poop, he couldn't have won with half of his party against him. The same thing killed Carter's chances 30 years ago at a time that was more favorable to the Democrats than 2012. Back then, it was the Democrats that wanted all or nothing at all. It should be a lesson to today's GOP... a divided party cannot win.

Lord knows it took the Democrats long enough to learn that lesson.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:23 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,932,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The only true thing about Romney is he turned out to be a squish. But even if he had been as tough as boiled owl poop, he couldn't have won with half of his party against him. The same thing killed Carter's chances 30 years ago at a time that was more favorable to the Democrats than 2012. Back then, it was the Democrats that wanted all or nothing at all. It should be a lesson to today's GOP... a divided party cannot win.

Lord knows it took the Democrats long enough to learn that lesson.

The GOP issue is far worse. As the smallest voting block behind independents and Dems, GOP MUST win independents decisively, plus get more Dems voting for them than Repubs who vote with Dems.

Dems did not have that issue-they simply need to hold their base in equal proportion to the GOP, plus keep independents close..meaning they can lose indy vote by a few points and survive it.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:23 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,336,728 times
Default Hilary scares Pubs

It's now 2014, and Republicans still fear a Hilary candidacy. Christie has imploded. Paul? Not a chance in hell. Rubio? How can he run when he keeps a foot in his mouth? Condoleeza? The bigoted GOP couldn't stand to have a black person head the ticket. Also hard to elevate a woman to the top post when they don't respect a woman's right to choose.

Hilary would be the first President of the United States who happens to be a WOMAN. Her husband is more popular than any Republican. He's a former President who was successful and is still honored and beloved like no current Republican is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections