Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,417,324 times

Advertisements

Here's a prime example

"I’ve got egg on my face. I predicted a Romney landslide and, instead, we ended up with an Obama squeaker."

That was Dick Morris's response to his blown prediction. He's calling Obama's win a "squeaker". So if Morris was predicting a landslide for Romney and Obama's win was only a squeaker and he was predicting a landslide for Romney then there must have been a huge difference between the numbers Obama got and the numbers Romney was predicted to get right? NOPE! Romney's "landslide" as predicted by Dick Morris was 5 to 10 percentage points in the popular vote. Obama got 3 percentage points. Not a big difference there, certainly not enough to go from squeaker to landslide. Morris's Romney landslide prediction also has Romney getting "at least 310 electoral votes" Obama got 332

Dickmorris.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApoP-qxCN-k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 10:57 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,417,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Here's a prime example

"I’ve got egg on my face. I predicted a Romney landslide and, instead, we ended up with an Obama squeaker."

That was Dick Morris's response to his blown prediction. He's calling Obama's win a "squeaker". So if Morris was predicting a landslide for Romney and Obama's win was only a squeaker and he was predicting a landslide for Romney then there must have been a huge difference between the numbers Obama got and the numbers Romney was predicted to get right? NOPE! Romney's "landslide" as predicted by Dick Morris was 5 to 10 percentage points in the popular vote. Obama got 3 percentage points. Not a big difference there, certainly not enough to go from squeaker to landslide. Morris's Romney landslide prediction also has Romney getting "at least 310 electoral votes" Obama got 332

Dickmorris.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApoP-qxCN-k
Check out those comments on dickmorris.com. Whole bunch of them pointing out the 332 EV=squeaker, 310 EV= landslide

Old 11-10-2012, 05:31 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,668,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Give it up. The votes didn't switch. Romney lost.

How bout this, switch 7,300 votes in New Hampshire in 2000 and Gore beats Bush. Never hear the right wing talk about that. How close was that election again in 2000 when Bush said he would govern as if he had a mandate? Remember?

Romney lost big, get over it.

Read my whole post. I'm glad Obama won and I'm not talking about 2000 or what is considered a mandate. I'm pointing out a switch of 4/10 of 1% would has changed the election.
And would we have gotten that 4/10 of 1% if Romney had not made MANY blunders.
Don't be afraid to look at the math, that was the right wings problem.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:09 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,153,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
Their new talking point now is if it wasn't for the darn hurricane Mitt would have won easily. The hurricane stopped his momentum. The disaster "forced" Obama to work as a leader in helping the victims.
Oh yes, Obama has done SO much for the hurricane victims.

Yippee! Obama won! Yippee! OMG, I am so ****ing thrilled. Yippee!

Old 11-10-2012, 06:15 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,855,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
It's quite telling and embarrassing when the entire ticket can't even win their own home states (Mass and Wisconsin). These states know the candidates the best and won't even vote for them. Then there's Michigan, state of George Romney. Lost that as well. That's sad.
Wisconsin is pretty Democrat and Massachusetts is about about as blue as you can get. It's not exactly surprising that they would lose one or both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
I said it from the beginning, this race reminded me a lot of 2004. We had a president that was not overly popular who should have been easily defeated, yet that challenging party could not seem to produce a challenger who had the ability to get enough people excited enough to win.

2004 was really close. Kerry may indeed have won Ohio according to many.
I think the Democrats played safe in 2004 and the Republicans played safe in 2012. They both picked solid, but bland candidates who failed to truly motivate their base and win over swing voters and moderates. In a weird way, the Democrats in 2004 and the Republicans in 2012 might have been better running one of the wacky outsiders like Howard Dean or Herman Cain who would of at least functioned as a wild card. Sure, they might end up doing something unbelievably stupid that could cause them to lose in a landslide of epic proportions, but political wild cards also have a habit of doing something unique that catches the public's mind in a positive way.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:18 AM

76,973 posts, read 47,297,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
You didn't want that guy as president, trust me.
Not sure, considering that Bush did most of the damage during his second term. I don't think Kerry would have destroyed the economy the way Bush did

Old 11-10-2012, 06:23 AM

38,610 posts, read 26,243,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Oh yes, Obama has done SO much for the hurricane victims.

Yippee! Obama won! Yippee! OMG, I am so ****ing thrilled. Yippee!

It has little or nothing to do with hurricanes, momentum or anything besides free government benefits for mooches.

I knew the day would come when those who wanted to rob the treasury would outnumber those who desired to leave a fiscally sound America for our children, but I didn't expect it this year.

The majority of voters are less concerned about our exploding debt than the curtailing of benefits they receive.

From here, there's nowhere to go but down.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”

Alexis de Tocqueville

Old 11-10-2012, 06:32 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,153,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not sure, considering that Bush did most of the damage during his second term. I don't think Kerry would have destroyed the economy the way Bush did
Bush? Oh you meant to say the house and senate. Who controled the house when spending jumped under Bush? Who controled it the first 2 years under Obama? Bush was a dud but he he didnt screw up the banking industry. That started long before he took office. You need to look at Frank and Dodd.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,478,218 times
The liberals really need to let go of Bush.

Obama says he can do it -- or at least he says he can do it in Spanish "si se puede" so now he needs to just do it.

It's Obama's now -- he's made a big heap of promises so let him fill those promises.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 AM

23,755 posts, read 14,878,950 times
Is it true that John McCain got more of the Mormon vote than Romney did? Anybody heard that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections