Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 07:34 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times

Advertisements

I don't know if the story is true or not, but at this point, I'm not going to research it.

Wish I could say that I feel sorry for the staffers, but frankly, I can't. They knew who they were working for and they're probably like minded.

A quick look at the list of recipients of Romney's foundation/charity should have given them a clue as to who exactly Romney cares about and who he will be kind to.

Chuck it to lessons learned and move on.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:36 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,292,023 times
Evidently Obama hugged or shook hands with all 700 of his staff in Chicago after the election.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:42 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When you are on business travels, they buy TWO WAY TICKETS, they would not have bought 1 way tickets.

The list you gave in the OP said TAXI RIDES, not plane tickets. I sat in campaign offices where EVERYONE KNEW at 7:45 the clock stops and EVERYTHING was done..

I've never ONCE heard of a company that paid their employees to go back and forth to work. Give it a break with your fake outrage...
If they were hired to work out of a field office, you're right--if they were new hires just for the campaign, it's possible that they had to get to that office on their own steam to start the job, and then travel home on their own steam when the campaign is over, although many companies (and organizations) will help pay relocation expenses (in this case, the cost of moving temporarily to work for the campaign). If they were working from a field office base and then traveling in another city during the duration of the campaign (for example, getting out the vote on election day) then it would absolutely be expected for your employer to cover your travel expense to and from the field office. When I send my employees out to work on assignments with clients, their travel is covered from our office to the assignment and back, whether that includes mileage or plane fare, and that's pretty much standard in any professional setting. Both sides need a little more information before they freak out about this. Here's the part that bothers me though--many campaign staffers are young kids taking time off from college, or just out of college, without a lot of money, and possibly without another credit card, etc. Did the campaign cut their cards before they could pay for their hotel etc? If so, it's really awful.

Last edited by mb1547; 11-09-2012 at 09:09 PM..

Old 11-09-2012, 07:59 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
How long did you expect them to continue using a credit card of a campaign that was over? Why would people GOING HOME, do so at a campaigns expense? ITS JOB.. Can you use your companies credit card to charge rides home? I sure as hell cant, and I own my own company.

Ah, I went on a business trip a few months ago, and they did indeed pay for both my flight to AND FROM work.

But seriously, this guy is a MULTI-MILLIONAIRE and he couldn't even pay for his people who worked HARD AS HELL for him to get to their hotel rooms or have dinner?

Old 11-09-2012, 08:03 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Just think, if Obama had lost, he would have been paying all of those illegal alien campaign workers to go back to Mexico (with boatloads of Food Stamp cards, to be sure) ....... just because he's "that kinda guy!"
So you're saying that a black thug from South Chcago, using a bunch of illiterate, illegal mexicans, outsmarted, outplayed and bllindsided the richest, smartest, most successful men on the planet, who had every true american Patriot on their side? Is that what you're saying? Or is it just sophmoric BS? If what you say is true, then the victory is all the more sweeter.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:03 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
And that is why that piece of filth lost: PEOPLE COULD SEE HE WAS AN UNCARING SACK OF YOU KNOW WHAT.

I hate to say it but...Bush probably cared more about people than Romney does. At least he's given AIDS drugs to free to Africa and has been known to be a pretty nice guy, if his politics are insane.

America could easily see through Romney, hence he lost. Look at this parody video and see what most Americans think of that chump:

Mitt Romney Style (Gangnam Style Parody) - YouTube

Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 PM

620 posts, read 1,746,146 times
Quote:
How long did you expect them to continue using a credit card of a campaign that was over? Why would people GOING HOME, do so at a campaigns expense? ITS JOB.. Can you use your companies credit card to charge rides home? I sure as hell cant, and I own my own company.
If I was traveling on company business, you can damn well bet my employer would pay my way home. It's the proper thing to do.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
I sat in campaign offices where EVERYONE KNEW at 7:45 the clock stops and EVERYTHING was done..
Did you loose?

Really? Everyone stopped at 7:45? Never heard of that. Winning campaigns run on coffee and take-out and consider 7:45 early afternoon. If that's what Romney's campaign people did it's glaringly obvious why they lost.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Romney is a pragmatic conservative. He has no further use for those workers. It's back to business as usual for him.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:45 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Romney is a pragmatic conservative. He has no further use for those workers. It's back to business as usual for him.
Thank you for the observation. You are 100% correct.

That is the whole story in a nutshell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections