Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:04 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,959,022 times

Advertisements

Whenever a black candidate is not voted for - Democrats are quick to pull the race card - as long as the candidate is a Democrat.

Well - a black Republican just lost a congressional election.

I don't hear the liberals on this forum decrying the fact that a black person who happens to be a woman won't take a seat in the Capitol in January.

Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y?

Last edited by Harrier; 11-09-2012 at 08:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,963,252 times
No, race isn't everything. She was just a tea party nut, and maybe ten black people in America would have voted for her.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:10 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,190,445 times
You, and a few others here, seem to be the only people who keep bringing up the race of the candidates. Despite what you keep saying, most people didn't vote for Obama because he's black--they voted for him because of his policies and their belief in his ability to lead. Mia Love is no different--why would you vote for ANYONE just because of their race? If she lost her race, it's not because she's black--it's because people didn't want to vote for the Republican. Were you rushing to vote for every white democrat just because they're white? Get a grip.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:11 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,106,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You, and a few others here, seem to be the only people who keep bringing up the race of the candidates. Despite what you keep saying, most people didn't vote for Obama because he's black--they voted for him because of his policies and their belief in his ability to lead. Mia Love is no different--why would you vote for ANYONE just because of their race? If she lost her race, it's not because she's black--it's because people didn't want to vote for the Republican. Were you rushing to vote for every white democrat just because they're white? Get a grip.
Amen. Blacks are ALWAYS voted democrat....ALWAYS.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
No, race isn't everything.
True - but you would never think so by the way many liberals paint those who don't vote for President Obama, for instance.

What you are sayingis that Mia Love lost because people didn't agree with her political ideology - not because of the color of her skin.

What a concept!

Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
True - but you would never think so by the way many liberals paint those who don't vote for President Obama, for instance.

What you are sayingis that Mia Love lost because people didn't agree with her political ideology - not because of the color of her skin.

What a concept!
You can hate Obama without being a racist! I personally don't care for him...he's WAY TOO FAR to the right for my liking.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
You can hate Obama without being a racist! I personally don't care for him...he's WAY TOO FAR to the right for my liking.
I would hope that no one would hate anybody.

I disagree with the president politically.

It sounds like you and I are on the same page - just at oppositie ends.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,643,744 times
Since I don't live in her state and really know nothing about her opponent, and precious little about her, I'll just say she lost because the democrats who voted in the other guy are a bunch of leftwing nutjob racists. That's why the democrats hate her. She's black. And of course she's a woman so they have declared war against women. Black women.

See how stupid that sounds? That's what we've had to listen to for 4 years.

Oh, and don't forget the Mormon thing.

A black, female Mormon. Democrats are all just a bunch of racist, misogynist bigots. Every one of them. They truly hate black female Mormons.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Apparently you don't pay attention much to this forum. The race card is practically brought up exclusively by liberals and Democrats.

I am not seriously suggesting that this election result had to do with race - I am pointing out the absurdity and hypocrisy of the liberals who constantly play the race card - in order to shut down honest debate - which if they had to engage in - they would lose.

(note - since the purpose of the thread is to spotlight a dishonest political tactic used by liberals - perhaps it my be more appropriate for the main P&OC thread. Whether it should be moved or not is of course, at the discretion of the moderators).

Old 11-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Since I don't live in her state and really know nothing about her opponent, and precious little about her, I'll just say she lost because the democrats who voted in the other guy are a bunch of leftwing nutjob racists. That's why the democrats hate her. She's black. And of course she's a woman so they have declared war against women. Black women.

See how stupid that sounds? That's what we've had to listen to for 4 years.

Oh, and don't forget the Mormon thing.

A black, female Mormon. Democrats are all just a bunch of racist, misogynist bigots. Every one of them. They truly hate black female Mormons.
I don't hate her because she's a black, female Mormon Republican. I just disagree with her politics...and I have to say, a BLACK MORMON FEMALE REPUBLICAN?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections