Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 09:56 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,178,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Well, that would end up being a loaves and fishes kind of thing, seeing as how there are only 68,000 troops presently in Afghanistan, and our presence in Iraq, is down to virtually zero. Another case of an alternate reality.

Meant to thank you, buzzards, for all your hard work. The country thanks you.

Saw this yesterday on Nate's blog. It would appear Obama should have won Ohio 52.7/47.2 (by my reckoning), if not for the "provisional ballot" debacle.
Yep, there were plenty of precincts that had odd provisional ballot numbers. I was at one polling place on election day where one precinct had a 25 person line for PB's and the five other precincts had lines of one to three. I was a registered poll watcher but when I asked about that long line the poll judge made moves to throw me out.

My take is that the provisionals will be reviewed and many will end up being counted. Voter errors filling out the envelop will strike more than any voter suppression/roster purging. Of course, Ohio's SOS last minute ruling that poll workers couldn't help voters filling out the complicated envelop won't help.

You're welcome, but I was really working for Ruth Bader Ginsburg as mush as Obama, Sherrod and Betty Sutton. I don't think she could hold out another four years. The balance of the court was in jeopardy.

Last edited by buzzards27; 11-14-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 11:32 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,891,329 times
Quote:
Oh, well, there's plenty of fraud in earlier Bush elections to go around. I just think with all the effort put into voter suppression (purging of rolls, long lines, voter ID) the GOP has lost its touch, of late, when it comes to election fraud. They'll be sure to brush up between now and 2014.

Meanwhile, they're suppressing the airwaves, as well. You know what they say - no rest for the wicked. Such good, honest, moral, ethical Christians - voter suppression, election fraud, removal of free speech. What else will they think of.........
Not only the airwaves. Keep an eye on your ISP, because they are occasionally making moves to control content to their subscribers.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 AM

46,743 posts, read 25,661,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
So 141% voting in an area is normal math?
It's Republican math to make yourself feel better.

The 141% (which you very conveniently do not source) are reported from St. Lucie in Florida, a County that had a two-page ballot. Each voter handed in two cards. Crads that woere counted separately. Am I making myself clear in communicating that each voter supplied two cards?

Here, educate yourself: St Lucie County Supervisor of Elections

Oh, and to save time: The Republican fall-back position is that voter turnout couldn't possibly have been 70%, because - well, they haven't gotten to the "because" bit, actually. At this point in time, it's mostly a statement of faith.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:40 AM

46,743 posts, read 25,661,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Does no one post links to their stats/claims anymore? Sheesh.
Reality and Republican thinking appear to have parted ways.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,178,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's Republican math to make yourself feel better.

The 141% (which you very conveniently do not source) are reported from St. Lucie in Florida, a County that had a two-page ballot. Each voter handed in two cards. Crads that woere counted separately. Am I making myself clear in communicating that each voter supplied two cards?

Here, educate yourself: St Lucie County Supervisor of Elections

Oh, and to save time: The Republican fall-back position is that voter turnout couldn't possibly have been 70%, because - well, they haven't gotten to the "because" bit, actually. At this point in time, it's mostly a statement of faith.
Thanks for that, myth busting that republican math and all.

Why do these rwnj's continue to push their lies? They really should be doing a little soul searching.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:33 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,033,103 times
Sounds really familiar, a lot like:

WAAAHHHHH, We COULDN'T have lost, it's not our fault! You must have cheated!! WAHHHHHH. Romney is NOT a poopy-head!! WWWWAAAAHHHHH....

Old 11-14-2012, 02:01 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,891,329 times
Quote:
Oh, well, there's plenty of fraud in earlier Bush elections to go around. I just think with all the effort put into voter suppression (purging of rolls, long lines, voter ID) the GOP has lost its touch, of late, when it comes to election fraud. They'll be sure to brush up between now and 2014.

Hacking Democracy - Full Length - YouTube

Meanwhile, they're suppressing the airwaves, as well. You know what they say - no rest for the wicked. Such good, honest, moral, ethical Christians - voter suppression, election fraud, removal of free speech. What else will they think of.........
Gee, voting machine corporations, owned by republicans, programming with secret codes, unverifiable, off limits to anyone, answering to nobody - what could possibly be wrong about this?

Old 11-14-2012, 05:41 PM

35,309 posts, read 51,976,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ok I waited a week like a said I would before commenting on this election if Mittens lost so.....

1. Mitt got his but kicked because he didnt have as good a ground game as Obummers
2. Mitt got his butt kicked because he couldn't connect to people like the Obungler- Charisma.
3. Mitt got his butt kicked because 3 million conservative voters sat it out because of the Ron Paul effect. He didnt create a buzz for himself.
4. Mitt got his butt kicked because he didnt go negative early enough (early summer) and he was too fuzzy on his policies (which all presidential candidates are for the most part).

This election was his to win and Obumbums to lose.

Now the *******ians are having a good ole time but what they are talking about is the almost 9 million votes that Onumbnut's lost from 2008 or 13 percent.

So in effect Mitt was somwhat responsible for his own loss more than Obummers was responsible for his win.

Which worked out for me as I won some money betting on HusseinO even if I did vote for Mittens.
See you at the mid terms *******s. Gird your loins its gonna be a rocky two years.
Its been a while but didnt we finish with this type of juvenile conduct back in elementary school?
Obummers
Obungler
Obumbums
*******ians
Onumbnut's
HusseinO
*******s
Am i expected to believe this post is the product of a mature educated adult?

Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,395,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
A mural of the President of the United States on the wall of a public school is "shenannigans" [sic]? The mural had been there for since 2009. You are misinformed. Again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No, I wasn't, the mural was put up in one of the voting divisions, and they were ordered to take it down. I don't know anything about the school.
Sorry, Cremebrulee, but once again you are misinformed. There was no mural to take down because it was PAINTED onto the wall back 2009. Election workers were ordered to cover it up. If you know of another polling place where this occurred aside from the one referenced by Ohiogirl, please post a link. Thank you.

GOP goes to court to cover Obama mural at polling site - Philly.com

Old 11-15-2012, 11:38 AM

28,839 posts, read 30,065,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
Sorry, Cremebrulee, but once again you are misinformed. There was no mural to take down because it was PAINTED onto the wall back 2009. Election workers were ordered to cover it up. If you know of another polling place where this occurred aside from the one referenced by Ohiogirl, please post a link. Thank you.

GOP goes to court to cover Obama mural at polling site - Philly.com
You are right, I forgot, it was indeed a painted mural on the wall, and they were ordered to cover it up...

Last night I heard on the news, Romney said, Obama won b/c he promised Amnesty to all the illegals...and yes, that is true, and I'm no Obama lover by any means, however, Romney doesn't thrill me either....well, what does he think Bush and Clinton did, and both sides before them, that is why they are here in droves, and why the government doesn't do anything about getting them out...

What erks me the most is, while Obama may have won by fraud, so did Bush on his second term....both sides are corrupt and no one seems to care...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections