Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 03:01 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
If you're going to start threads like this, you'll need to change your moniker.
nosenseguy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 03:36 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
LOL, had to stop reading after a few sentences, it was too funny. Let me guess, the Onion???

Dude, the OFA canvassers provided a very accurate picture of the situation in Ohio. Far better than public polling. I saw the data, OFA was beating the hell outa mittens team with voter contacts, 8 to 1. Every one of those contacts forms the basis of a daily tracking poll. Our data had us winning Ohio every day of this cycle, Ohio was never in play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If you watched only the RCP averages, the race in Ohio was very close. Indeed, most agreed, "too close to call." But other considerably more accurate polls were showing a strong Romney momentum in Ohio; a "surge" if you will. And, those polls showed Romney gaining the lead by considerable margins late in October.

Secondly, if you lived here, you couldn't miss the absence of Obama/Biden yard signs, and the plethora of Roney/Ryan signs. Things looked good for our state, and also given that our state recently threw off a corrupt Democrat governor, along with his "people" in the legislature, it seemed to many of us here that, despite what the Legacy Media was reporting, Romney owned Ohio.

There was also a noticible difference in the size of the crowds the Romney drew. He drew huge crowds that dwarfed Obama's.

So, what happened? These two articles, I believe, provide the answer.
"Allegedly, volunteer poll workers in the Buckeye state reported seeing "van loads of Ohio residents born in Somalia" being ferried in to vote early. Once at the polls, in lieu of Republican translators and UN poll watchers, the Democrats themselves were providing Somali/Arabic translation. Seems the Obama campaign is getting out the vote by teaching Somali immigrants the ins and outs of the voting process.
Witnesses at the Columbus, Ohio Morse Road polling center reported Somalis arriving in buses, being handed a slate card, and being told by helpful Democrats to vote "brown," for Senator Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), all the way down the card."

Read more: Blog: Are Somali Pirates Voting in Ohio?

"In this unproductive week of finger pointing and teeth gnashing, I am prepared to argue that Indiana tells us potentially more about America's future than Ohio.
In the week before the election, I was invited to speak at my alma mater, Purdue University. As I drove around West Lafayette, what caught my eye was the absence of Obama signs. I did not see one, not even in the faculty neighborhoods. As Obama's unpopularity grew during the last four years, his team at some point decided to concede Indiana. From their perspective, Indiana lacked one tactical asset that Ohio had -- early voting.
Early voting is a boon for the vote harvesters. The vote harvester's mission is to gather unthinking collectives of potential voters -- nursing home residents, college students, skid-row dwellers, recent immigrants -- and get them to vote. Harvesting does not necessarily mean fraud, but it clearly encourages the same. In James O'Keefe's Project Veritas videos, we saw how easy it was for even a congressman's son -- in this case, Pat Moran, son of Jim -- to cross the line from harvesting to cheating.
Early voting makes harvesting all the more economical. Fewer people on the ground can get more accomplished. At an Obama rally at Ohio State, my friends in Columbus tell me, the Obama campaign provided a steady stream of busses to take rally-goers right to the polls, one stop shopping."

Read more: Articles: The Real Lesson of the Election

Last edited by buzzards27; 11-12-2012 at 04:32 PM..

Old 11-12-2012, 03:49 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
I don't like Bill Maher, but I did catch part of his show this week on HBO, and he said something that fits the situation perfectly. Here's the G rated version: "If you clean your house and it still smells like poop, it's time to take a shower."

The R's can blame everyone else in the world for their disconnect with the rest of the country, but unless they clean up their own act, it's just going to get worse. The country is changing, and they're moving in the opposite direction.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:23 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,647,718 times
I don't understand the republican thought process.......

Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
If you watched only the RCP averages, the race in Ohio was very close. Indeed, most agreed, "too close to call." But other considerably more accurate polls were showing a strong Romney momentum in Ohio; a "surge" if you will. And, those polls showed Romney gaining the lead by considerable margins late in October.
I think you may be confused as to what constitutes accuracy in polling. For most, that would imply that the poll matches the actual outcome. One of them "per definition" deals.

Still, for the edification of all present, will you present these masterpieces of accuracy and perhaps even a reason they should be considered accurate?

Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I think you may be confused as to what constitutes accuracy in polling. For most, that would imply that the poll matches the actual outcome. One of them "per definition" deals.

Still, for the edification of all present, will you present these masterpieces of accuracy and perhaps even a reason they should be considered accurate?
Lol, why bother with this nonsense guy, he just asked on another thread, "who's Nate Silver?"

Old 11-12-2012, 07:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
This has got to be one of the more bizarro articles I have read on the topic of this election.

"Allegedly, volunteer poll workers in the Buckeye state reported seeing "van loads of Ohio residents born in Somalia" being ferried in to vote early.......

The while we are on the topic of Somalians, let's talk about pirates is precious, just precious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections