Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,860,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Wait, you're acting like right wingers are all rich, LMAO!! HAve you been to a tea-party rally? Have you driven through the south ..Alabama, Mississppii, Tennessee. Shoot, try checking out the middle of the country . Romney and most of those "conservatives" you worship are actually northeast/west coast liberals like me. My job and 401k are doing just fine. I enjoy laughing at broke conservatives defending people like Papa John, when he's going to cut their hours because of 14 cents a pie. So pathetic to watch.
Liberal class warfare coming from all angles................ wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 AM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,530 times
Quite a few of the GOP candidates need to take sensitivity training. Those dumbos with the stupid rape remarks cost the GOP at least two senate seats. Even Republicans voted against those clowns.

I suspect that Todd Akin will never have strong GOP support again for a big public office. Not only did he make extremely insensitive remarks, he had GOP leaders calling for him to step down from the race (so they could replace him with a better candidate) but he refused and then lost the election, in a race the Republicans had been heavily favored to win.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:24 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
They aren't in trouble "per se" or at all, nor are they "behind on a changing time frame." Nearly half of all those who voted were for Romney, not Obama. And millions of Republicans didn't even vote and if they had, the outcome of this election would have been different. Obama may have gotten 51 percent of the popular vote (and that's IF there was no fraud involved), but that means 49 percent of those who voted think differently.

So the idea that you guys are trying to float that Republicans are all washed up and Republicans have to move to the middle to get anyone to vote for them, etc. is ridiculous. If we move to the middle, then what? We are just like you? No thank you!
That lead Romney to not be like us. Us, we are called "Winners." "No thank you!",eh?

Gotcha.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
I see our wing nuts are still in denial and refusing to learn the lessons of why they lost. I hear many of them keep saying if only they become MORE extreme and go even FURTHER away from the majority of American voters they think THAT will help them win elections.

News Flash: To win elections you have to get the majority of the votes! That means moving back towards the center, where most American voters are, instead of moving away from them by becoming even more extreme right.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:54 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Smile Those "GOP are in trouble" posts make me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Yes, Obama was elected a 2nd term. But so was Bush. Did that mean the Democrat party was "in trouble" because a Republican was elected a 2nd term?

And I don't care that gay marriage and marijuana was passed in a few states. A few liberal states don't speak for the whole country.

They make me laugh, also. And all that psychotic right wing anger is a hoot, too.

Relax. Take a deep breath. You'll be OK. Seriously.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:20 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
Quote:
Wait, you're acting like right wingers are all rich, LMAO!! HAve you been to a tea-party rally? Have you driven through the south ..Alabama, Mississppii, Tennessee. Shoot, try checking out the middle of the country . Romney and most of those "conservatives" you worship are actually northeast/west coast liberals like me. My job and 401k are doing just fine. I enjoy laughing at broke conservatives defending people like Papa John, when he's going to cut their hours because of 14 cents a pie. So pathetic to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
A fine representative of your party. Spoken like a true, Christian, 'family values' Republican.

You don't need us, anonymous internet poster ~ and we sure as hell don't need you.

You DO realize that probably over half the 'wealthy' that President Obama is threatening to tax - were people who voted for him. You do realize that, right?

If not - go back to your trailer and read some more.
Why so much hatred? YOU ALL WON THE ELECTION. You sound like sore losers when you won. Regardless, what you're saying has little basis in reality.

Ringo, over half of the wealthy did not vote for Obama. He won because of the poor. Every income group under $50,000 voted for him, every one over voted for Romney. Romney won those with household incomes of more than $250,000 per year by 11. Click on "income" for a nice chart:

Exit Polls: Casting Ballots in 2012 - WSJ.com

And - surprise - Obama did the best among high school dropouts, while Romney won those with Bachelor's degrees. (Yes, Obama won those with advanced degrees.)

Shouldn't you go back to your trailer and read some more Ringo given that you said someone else needed to do so to learn facts that are simply wrong. Of course you didn't read to determine the facts, you just spouted hatred.

And I think actual data, Frozenyo, proves that Democrats/Obama voters are far more likely to be broke or work at places like Papa John's.

I would love to see responses to this from both of you, but I know I'll never get one from either of you yet you will both likely continue to spew this crap.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 11-17-2012 at 07:37 AM..

Old 11-17-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
They make me laugh, also. And all that psychotic right wing anger is a hoot, too.

Relax. Take a deep breath. You'll be OK. Seriously.

I don't understand how we are the hateful ones? Have you seen some of what's directed at us? In this thread, we're all called racists, we're all told we're uneducated and live in trailer parks. This sounds like what a losing team would spout, not a winning one.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Virignia is Blue, Colorado is Blue, Nevada is Blue, North Carolina is a tossup, Georgia and Arizona will be purple by 2016.
Given that AZ actually trended Republican both in absolute terms and when compared to the nation as a whole since 2008, despite McCain being the nominee in 2008, I don't think AZ is anything for the Republicans to worry about. VA and CO are purple, not blue. Yes, NV is probably blue at this point. GA was still 11 points more Republican than the nation as a whole. Again, nothing to worry about.

As far as the popular vote, we lost by 3. That's quite close, regardless of what another poster said. I bet he thinks that the 2004 election was close ironically.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:30 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Yes, Obama was elected a 2nd term. But so was Bush. Did that mean the Democrat party was "in trouble" because a Republican was elected a 2nd term?

And I don't care that gay marriage and marijuana was passed in a few states. A few liberal states don't speak for the whole country.
The GOP isn't in trouble because Obama won reelection. The GOP is in trouble because its assessment of Romney's chances was so wildly off.

Conservatism has gone off the rails intellectually. The extreme right and its bizarre, inaccurate worldview has come to dominate the party's following at the grassroots level. It is not just liberals who say this. Many more thoughtful conservatives--e.g. David Frum--are saying exactly the same thing.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:49 AM

831 posts, read 680,432 times
The epitome of todays GOP and to think republicans bought this mans BS just because they didnt like the Black man running the office...

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MITT ROMNEY - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections