Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Yea, and then Jindal goes on TV and says the same stupid crap that his party parrots all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 11:36 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
And Romney actually won the votes of those with a 4-year degree, a group almost twice the size of those with post-grad education. Obama won 52-46 among the least-educated Americans.

I think it's fair to say that Romney won the bulk of the well-educated vote.
USA TODAY

Again, libs love to take gratuitous slaps at Republican 'anti-intellectualism' but in doing so they just make themselves look dumb.
By the same token, the rural vote the GOP owns (and btw, I'm a Corker supporter) is largely uneducated. Add in, the average college graduation rates are higher in blue than red states.

Many towns on the Gold Coast (Fairfield County, Ct) are blue, and several have median incomes close to or more than double the US average.

Outside of Latinos, and single women, voting trends are rather narrow wins, either way.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I agree with his comments and have long admired his more reasoned conservatism. This will be interesting to watch. If we had more guys like this and Huntsman, the GOP really could rebuild that big tent.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:06 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
By the same token, the rural vote the GOP owns (and btw, I'm a Corker supporter) is largely uneducated. Add in, the average college graduation rates are higher in blue than red states.

Many towns on the Gold Coast (Fairfield County, Ct) are blue, and several have median incomes close to or more than double the US average.

Outside of Latinos, and single women, voting trends are rather narrow wins, either way.
And the wealthiest (by med. houshold income) region of the country is the satellite area surrounding DC, and I'm sure they are solid blue. The bottom line is that neither party has a monopoly on the well-educated, but one party sure loves to insinuate that it does, and that would be the Democratic party.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:31 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
BTW, for not being a conservative vehicle, FOX News sure had an awful lot of its staff working on Romney's campaign!

mediamatters: the-members-of-romneys-campaign-who-work-for-fox
Including Elaine Chao (featured prominently in that article) - wife of Mitch McConnell.

Remember him? The guy who dedicated four years to making Barack Obama a one-term president.

Fair and Balanced - yes, indeedy.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Jindal a pathetic figure

His criticism of his own party is akin to a Klansman telling a group of Skinheads to "stop being racist."

I find this pseudo-intellectual Indian Conservative to be an enormous PRETENDER. He's obviously eyeing a future presidential run and fails to recognize that HE has been part of the problem. What a fool. He will never be able to shed the Bush-era stench that curses all current Republicans.

I think the person to lead the GOP out of the Dark Ages, has not been born yet.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
WTF does that mean?
Bobby was born in Baton Rouge and he is most definitely a "Real American."
He is brilliant. You will never hear him say "Uhm." He's no good on
a teleprompter; they don't go fast enough. I had the pleasure of meeting
him once and told him that I couldn't wait 'til he became President.
This Southerner is 100% for Bobby Jindal.

I second that-I like Bobby Jindal and I think he is a rising star...maybe he can help the GOP attact more minorities and change the perception...(I'm in independent so don't bash me with the neo conservative bs). He seems to be a good governor in LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections