Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 04:27 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,558,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
you mean like you saying blacks werent slaves?
Your inference that they and all minorities were is ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 04:30 PM

Cool nice try...

Quote:

So now you think blacks and latinos want to live in poverty?

And you have the nerve to ask me if I comprehend what I write.. and then you key something that dumb..
Nice try amateur.

You do understand the concept of self interest, don't you?

It's clear to any who read what you write, your comprehension of complex topics is severely lacking.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:31 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,610,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Ask the racists, like Steve King, Michelle Bachmann, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, George Allen and Sarah Palin, to LEAVE your party and start their own party?!
I hardly ever hear anyone from the GOP, say something like, a couple of my GOP leaning friends have said (when I point out racism in the GOP) "Well, we just need to stand up and tell people like that, that they are unwelcome in the party".
Way too often though, the GOP either is silent when someone in their party says something racially stupid or when there's a potential hate crime, like Zimmerman, are so quick to defend the one who may have acted in a racially biased matter.
Having Bill O'Reilly, as a prominent figure in the conservative movement, with some of the nasty stuff he has said (the White Christian way of life is threatened), come on, ask him to leave or tell him to shut up, instead of having the "left" do it.
So, GOP, do that instead, ask that instead! As long as you keep on welcoming the Steve King like folks in the party, you won't gain enough of the "brown" or LGBT vote to win elections, in spite of your 3 percents, like Cain (he had no chance in hell of winning the GOP nomination, come on, the South would have never allowed that), Rice or Jihndal.
In all seriousness though, if Colin Powell ran in 2000 and got the nomination, even if he lost, we might not be having this discussion. However, he may have had enough support, from Independents or Democrats, to counter the Steve King or Bubba white men racists, who would never vote for a black man, no matter what.
When one reads this is evident like always that some see anyone not in agreemt with their views as racist.Ist racist in itself and to suggest that you run someone because os their race is the ultimate race card.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,929,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Your inference that they and all minorities were is ignorant.
My inference is that the OP believes we should round them up as if they are slaves and force them to do what we wish.. Thats not ignorance thats what the OP said..

Dont like the word "slaves", fine, use whatever dam word makes you "feel better"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Nice try amateur.

You do understand the concept of self interest, don't you?

It's clear to any who read what you write, your comprehension of complex topics is severely lacking.
What part of self interest, is the support of poverty?

Thats what YOU said.. standing there and acting like you're 10, doesnt mean you didnt say it.

Grow up..

Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
When one reads this is evident like always that some see anyone not in agreemt with their views as racist.Ist racist in itself and to suggest that you run someone because os their race is the ultimate race card.
Racism isn't defined as someone not agreeing with your views.

Do you understand what racism is?

Old 11-13-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
My inference is that the OP believes we should round them up as if they are slaves and force them to do what we wish.. Thats not ignorance thats what the OP said..

Dont like the word "slaves", fine, use whatever dam word makes you "feel better"...

What part of self interest, is the support of poverty?

Thats what YOU said.. standing there and acting like you're 10, doesnt mean you didnt say it.

Grow up..
I'm sorry,

I don't understand. Can't you write this again using clear sentences? What you wrote makes no sense.

Thank you.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,302,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Ask the racists, like Steve King, Michelle Bachmann, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, George Allen and Sarah Palin, to LEAVE your party and start their own party?!
Your opening sentence and premise is wrong. I'd suggest to go back and fix that, then go from there to fix the rest of your OP.

Limbaugh is not a racist. I'm anti-racism, and have been listening to Limbaugh for 25 years, and if he were a racist, I think I'd know it by now. His primary associate in producing his show is James Golden, a black man. One of his regular fill in hosts is economist Walter E Williams, also black. His often-cited intellectual god is economist Thomas Sowell (who has also appeared on the show many times), also black. What kind of racist white supremacist does this?

There was a list of 'top ten racist quotes from Limbaugh' several years back. Several of them were flat made up, several others were not racist except if deliberately misinterpreted/taken out of context. One of the quotes was real and arguably offensive. It was a remark from the 1970's when Limbaugh was working as rock DJ 'Jeff Christie' in Pittsburgh. So it was 40 years ago, and Limbaugh did express regret for having said it.

False acccusations of racism are in themselves a racist tactic, because they divide and create hostility. Why don't you fix your own racism before you set about to advise the GOP on the topic?

Old 11-13-2012, 04:55 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,504,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Your opening sentence and premise is wrong. I'd suggest to go back and fix that, then go from there to fix the rest of your OP.

Limbaugh is not a racist. I'm anti-racism, and have been listening to Limbaugh for 25 years, and if he were a racist, I think I'd know it by now. His primary associate in producing his show is James Golden, a black man. One of his regular fill in hosts is economist Walter E Williams, also black. His often-cited intellectual god is economist Thomas Sowell (who has also appeared on the show many times), also black. What kind of racist white supremacist does this?

There was a list of 'top ten racist quotes from Limbaugh' several years back. Several of them were flat made up, several others were not racist except if deliberately misinterpreted/taken out of context. One of the quotes was real and arguably offensive. It was a remark from the 1970's when Limbaugh was working as rock DJ 'Jeff Christie' in Pittsburgh. So it was 40 years ago, and Limbaugh did express regret for having said it.

False acccusations of racism are in themselves a racist tactic, because they divide and create hostility. Why don't you fix your own racism before you set about to advise the GOP on the topic?
Even if that's true about Limbaugh, I doubt it, but even if so, that still doesn't discount people in your party like O'Reilly and Steve King.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:58 PM

12,264 posts, read 6,425,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Ah, yes. Disagree with Obama and his horrible policies and you're a racist. I guess when you see everything through racial glasses, that's your reality.

The GOP is what it is. Why don't minorities join the GOP? That's the real question. Maybe because of the lies the left spews forth about how we're all a bunch of hick racists?

....says the poster that spews forth racial garbage (see above).
Minorities too often hold the minimum wage jobs and the GOP believes the minimum wage is too much.Why would the minorities support that party? If the GOP stops demonizing the working class be they union workers or dishwashers,they might enlarge their base.No leftist lies were spewed writing this post.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:15 PM

831 posts, read 678,149 times
Rush Limbaugh Proves He Is A Racist - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

We know the gop love to use puppets, its what you think of the minority as a whole.

Take a look at this, btw i dont listen or think much of limbaugh, this was the first time i took a look at him. And this is what he had to say and made me think there could be a grain of truth in him being a racist. Remember, its what you think of the minority not the fact you surround yourself with a few of them.

Rush Limbaugh Proves He Is A Racist - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections