Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:34 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Even if that's true about Limbaugh, I doubt it, but even if so, that still doesn't discount people in your party like O'Reilly and Steve King.
You doubt it? You made the accusation that he was a racist. Don't you think you should know for sure before you make that accusation? Or do you not consider racism to be a very serious accusation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
Rush Limbaugh Proves He Is A Racist - YouTube

We know the gop love to use puppets, its what you think of the minority as a whole.

Take a look at this, btw i dont listen or think much of limbaugh, this was the first time i took a look at him. And this is what he had to say and made me think there could be a grain of truth in him being a racist. Remember, its what you think of the minority not the fact you surround yourself with a few of them.

Rush Limbaugh Proves He Is A Racist - YouTube
I listened to 2.5 minutes of this--don't have time for more right now. This is just the standard argument put forth by people like Bill Cosby and Juan Williams. Are you going to say that Cosby and Williams also proved themselves to be racists? Oh please. This is classic headline fraud. The only thing it proves is that Cenk Uygur is a despicable troll.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I listened to 2.5 minutes of this--don't have time for more right now. This is just the standard argument put forth by people like Bill Cosby and Juan Williams. Are you going to say that Cosby and Williams also proved themselves to be racists? Oh please. This is classic headline fraud. The only thing it proves is that Cenk Uygur is a despicable troll.
Um, no, what Limbaugh said s nothing at all what Juan Williams or Bill Cosby said. What Bill Cosby said is that there are *some* black people who are committing crimes, dropping out of schools, and so forth. And Juan Williams said that he gets nervous if he sees young black men, in a group, dressed in a certain way, at night, walking down the street.

What Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and other republicans say, is that *all*, or at least the vast majority, of black people hate America, love foodstamps, want free things, and so on. And that is racism.

Here's what you guys don't get. We don't really care if you run from the five young black guys who spot you and then start moving towards you with grins on their faces. Those guys will rob you. Those guys rob *us* all the damn time. The problem is, you guys act the same way when you see a black guy wearing a suit, carrying a briefcase, getting on the office elevator with you.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:54 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
Quote:
You doubt it? You made the accusation that he was a racist. Don't you think you should know for sure before you make that accusation? Or do you not consider racism to be a very serious accusation?
Wow, are you blind, partisan or both?! Barack the Magic Negro? That song didn't come from Rachel Maddow!

Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
dont need a second minority disenfranchsed i want it all and i want it free, party. already got a good one.
somebody needs to cheer the ones on trying to pay for all this stuff. u know the 45% of us who actually work.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:11 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
dont need a second minority disenfranchsed i want it all and i want it free, party. already got a good one.
somebody needs to cheer the ones on trying to pay for all this stuff. u know the 45% of us who actually work.
That's part of what's so amusing about you guys. According to you guys, Hispanics have learned from black people the trick of stealing all the jobs, and simultaneously refusing to find jobs.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
You know ~ you really should start working on another line. Try a little diversity.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblestone903 View Post
Well... you don't know what racism is and that's OK.

It isn't racist to vote in your groups best interest... for some reason any group who doesn't vote GOP is racist. LOL.
Here's where you go wrong. These Hispanics are asking that we stop the enforcement of our laws against their ethnic group and you don't think that is racist?

Why aren't they considering what is in the best interest of their fellow citizens and country rather than illegal foreigners who just happen to share the same ethnicity? You can't see the racism in that?

This has nothing to do with the GOP accept that they wouldn't thumb their noses at our immigration laws for them and that is why they wouldn't vote for them. What makes Hispanics special when it comes to our laws?

I am white and I certainly woulnd't expect/demand that all whites here illegally should get a pass on our immigration laws. That would also be racism.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 PM

831 posts, read 680,325 times
Quote:

Hmm, that was easy enough, thanks for being reliable & consistant.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Wow, are you blind, partisan or both?! Barack the Magic Negro? That song didn't come from Rachel Maddow!
Note that you did not answer my question. Don't you think that you should be sure before you level the accusation of racism?

'Barack the Magic Negro' came from a black, gay, LA Times writer named David Ehrenstein.
Obama the 'Magic Negro' - latimes.com

It's actually quite an insightful article that everyone should read. But he came up with the phrase. Limbaugh did a parody song about it. It was just an attempt to make a point about lefty identity politics. Nothing racist about it. If you say that Limbaugh was racist in doing the parody, then you have to conclude that Ehrenstein was racist as well. Do you think that?

What you and so many other lefties do is take a superficial juxtaposition of words, and conclude: racism. That's not what racism is though.

You may not like Limbaugh's politics. I don't like Ehrenstein's politics. But let's not confuse matters by calling them racists when they are not. Let's go after their political views. In short, let's put a little honesty back into the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections