Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 07:08 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,540,501 times

Advertisements

He would have won the election in your imaginary country, the one filled with people who agree with you, but not in the United States of America. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 11:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
He would have won the election in your imaginary country, the one filled with people who agree with you, but not in the United States of America. Sorry.
Let's face it, there are a few Paul followers (you notice I don't say supporters) who will still be posting about him when we have completed the 2016 election. Most have either disappeared or are seeing thing realistically and getting over what happened, but there are a few that will just not give up. They seem to have nothing else they can post about..

Old 12-23-2012, 10:06 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Let's face it, there are a few Paul followers (you notice I don't say supporters) who will still be posting about him when we have completed the 2016 election. Most have either disappeared or are seeing thing realistically and getting over what happened, but there are a few that will just not give up. They seem to have nothing else they can post about..
Yup. The Ron Paul for Prez thread was the longest lasting I've ever seen here, and was the largest in number of views and responses too.

But i wasn't a member when Palin was at her peak. I'll bet she was the all-time topper.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 PM

29,605 posts, read 16,577,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
It's funny that people who say stuff like this never offer any specifics.
Ron Paul believes in a couple of things that libertarians believe in, the problem is that for all of his ideals to work, we have to live in a perfect world.

He argues that instead of reforming FEMA, we should disband it entirely because the private sector can do a better job. In a perfect world, a private company(or companies) would give away billions of dollars in disaster relief, but this world isnt perfect.

I also find it hilarious that he said FEMA is bankrupt. considering that it is only a preparedness and response unit of the government and has no income i dont see how that matters to his argument. Maybe he meant they were spending to much money inefficiently.

He proposed getting rid of the Departments of Education,Interior,Energy, and Housing and Urban development.

He wanted to cut the top tax rate to 15%. Its 35% now and most of them pay an effective rate of 17% . so at 15%, we are talking about an effective rate of 3 or 4%.

i remember reading an article in the Atlantic that said his proposals for cutting government added up to about 40% of the budget, but his tax cuts added up to about 60% of current revenue. He would actually be putting us into a bigger hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
If Ron Paul is crazy, so are the Founding Fathers and the principles they established for this country.

fallacies are nice, but they dont work in sensible conversations.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:16 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,987,405 times
[quote=banjomike;27472138But i wasn't a member when Palin was at her peak. I'll bet she was the all-time topper.[/quote]

Absolutely. It was a memorable six minutes on this board.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. The Ron Paul for Prez thread was the longest lasting I've ever seen here, and was the largest in number of views and responses too.

But i wasn't a member when Palin was at her peak. I'll bet she was the all-time topper.
actually there wasn't nearly the
" Palin for Pres" supporters or posters many being the same poster over and over, as the handful of Paul supporters, but there certainly have been as many, if not 10 times more Palin threads, everywhere from Pain for Pres to Palin is a jerk.

Nita

and now I am off the posting for a day or so, It is time to get ready for the holiday.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:49 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,878,597 times
"Ron Paul was the only one who could have defeated Obama"

And yet, he didn't...

Old 12-24-2012, 07:53 AM

37,954 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You fail to understand what you are reading. Falling median family income is not a reflection of inflation. Median family income fell because of increased poverty and increased income inequality.
In the context of inflation and why it's bad you are clueless. How could you not be? You don't understand the word inflation so how could you possible solve a problem relating to it.
Only someone not versed in economics would be clueless when it comes to knowing that the more dollars printed the less it is worth.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Speaking of nothing to post about, how come you don't discuss policy?
Is it because you don't understand politics which is why you don't discuss policy? Of course how would you know what a successful policy is when the ones you follow are complete failures. The sad thing is those same policies failed in the past. You sure don't learn do you?

Nothing to talk about?
How about the out of control spending your big government is constantly doing that has stopped us from recovering?
How about the inept big government bailouts which didn't work from either President which Ron Paul supporters (notice I didn't say followers, lol) never went for because they are educated and know from experience they don't work.

How about the fact that your big government has made us less safe by invading and killing "those people" in the Middle East for 60 years even though no country attacked us?

How about how your big government ruined the economy with the dot com bubble, tried to fix it by regulating housing, which didn't work, and how YOU want the same failures to keep trying to fix the economy.

Keep making things up and avoid discussing the issues if it makes you feel better. I'll stay here in the real world and try to fix what the big government control freaks broke while trying to run my life.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
"Ron Paul was the only one who could have defeated Obama"

And yet, he didn't...
And yet, we're still in the crapper. YES WE CAN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections