Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Not really, traditionally there is substantially support for free market capitalism in academia. There also used to be a lot of intellectual conservatives coming from academic like George Will, and William Buckley. The problem with universities started when the GOP was hijacked by people who disliked intellectuals and did not value university learning. In fact, William Buckley warned against allowing such people to gain power and influence.
Universities do not have a problem with the GOP and the GOP does not have a problem with universities. In fact my aforementioned father-in-law (who is a staunch Republican) has a very close relationship with his alma mater (University of Michigan). As a Republican myself who went to Northeastern University I never came across an intellectual that I didn't like, of course the ones I came across were not the liberal loonies who tried to force their views down my throat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 12:27 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Ohio was lost in 2010 when the dem GOTV operations in Cuyahoga were disrupted by the indictments of many dems in leadership positions. The feds, backed by the bush WH, spent years and millions wiretapping and investigating just about every dem office holder in the county. Just when the organizing for the 2010 congressional elections would be gearing up the leadership was doing perp walks.... Results, turnout in Cuyahoga was flat and the GOP swept every statewide seat and held 100% control of the post census redistricting.

We had a ballot issue this election to take redistricting away from the pols, but it lost.
Stupid, disinterested, and/or ignorant people are on both sides. Kudos to these social scientists for using their considerable expertise to intellectually abuse the Democratic voter.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:04 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
It's true, Republicans hate education, teachers, and science...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections