Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 05:35 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,968,980 times

Advertisements

We all saw who Mitt was when he made the 47% comments, stood by them, and then only later retracted them. WE knew he retracted them for political reasons but that he really did BELIEVE those comments he made, that those comments were who he really was. Now we see him basically saying the same thing, once again, to his donors. Republican talking heads want to make much of the Obama campaign portraying Romney as an elitist, silver spoon having candidate for the rich guy, as if that wasn't who the real Romney was, but here we see that the Obama campaign was only calling it as it IS.

If anybody was so gullible as to believe, after the 47% video was released and Mitt stood by his statements then backtracked, that it meant Mitt really WAS going to be a president for all of America and really DID care about the 47%, then these comments post-election ought to show them CLEARLY that Mitt Romney really does have disdain for the 47%, that he really does see them as moochers, and that he really was going to be a president of "You'll get no gifts from me and my administration, moochers. The only ones getting any gifts are my rich friends and my defense contractor friends."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The Pubs just aren't giving any indications that they're learning the lessons of their big defeat.
Gov. Jindal had some choice words for Mr. Romney. He has made two rather pointed statements, one in direct response to the comments noted in the OP.
Vert interesting.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
What a putz.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:45 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You do realise that minorities, are more than just blacks right? Women for example, voted Obama as if their vagina depended on it..
I'm not sure that women are a minority but The Republicans certainly lost their vote due to their neanderthal position on women's reproductive health and abortion.

Republicans did lose the minority vote. Not just blacks ... hispanics and asians too. And they lost it by a big margin. Exit polls told the story ..... the party is too white, too male and too old.

All we have seen from the Republicans since the election is denial. If they continue to believe that the approach in four years should be the same ideas and policies then they are almost doomed to repeat the experience of this election.

3,620 posts, read 3,835,279 times
Southern white male country club mentality.

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Mitt Romney held a conference call with disappointed fat cat donors today, and claimed Obama won re-election because of all the "free gifts" he gave to minorities in his first term:

Romney Blames Loss on Obama's 'Gifts' to Minorities and Young Voters - NYTimes.com

I thought Rommey disavowed his "47%" comments? but here he is, basically repeating them, for the same crowd of well-healed donors.

Funny, cuz I always thought that, on the 47% tape, it was the only time during the whole campaign that you could tell Romney was really speaking with conviction. The only time the "real" Romney was on display.

America made the RIGHT CHOICE. I said it a year ago on these boards, and I'll say it again: NOBODY LIKES A PHONEY!
He didn't in any way repeat the 47% thing. Read your own damn articles for Chrissakes!

Old 11-15-2012, 06:47 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,254,112 times
Let's see...

(1) Obama's 'evolution' on gay marriage
(2) Obama's fight for contraception to be for free for women, even from Catholic institutions
(3) Obama's executive order to allow children of illegal immigrants under 30 to stay in this country and get a job in an 8+% unemployment environment.

All these occurred when during Obama's first term? Oh, that's right, all 6-8 months before the election. Quite a coincidence, huh?

Old 11-15-2012, 06:47 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Southern white male country club mentality.
How does a man who has spent his entire life in the north have a "southern country club mentality"? That's just plain stupid.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Romney cries about an entitlement nation while the biggest sense of entitlement is his own sense of being entitled to the presidency.

He proves not only the old adage that pride goeth before a fall but also that the fall often blinds one to that fall's cause(s).

Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Let's see...

(1) Obama's 'evolution' on gay marriage
(2) Obama's fight for contraception to be for free for women, even from Catholic institutions
(3) Obama's executive order to allow children of illegal immigrants under 30 to stay in this country and get a job in an 8+% unemployment environment.

All these occurred when during Obama's first term? Oh, that's right, all 6-8 months before the election. Quite a coincidence, huh?
1) Yes, it's possible to change a position on a topic. I've done it myself; it comes from better understanding and a sense of empathy. I'd rather have a leader who is capable of learning and maintaining an open mind than one that doggedly follows the same weary path looking neither left nor right.

2) Not free, just to be covered under health insurance.

3) They are already taking jobs; they may as well pay taxes. I must say that this is one Dem idea I am not in agreement with, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections