Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 12:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

The petition to impeach Obama has reached the necessary number of signatures to elicit a White House response, the Obama administration will be forced to at least address the issue.

The primary reason is Obama’s failure to obtain congressional authorization for the war on Libya last year. Under Article 1 Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution, the power to declare war lies with Congress.

The campaign to impeach Obama is dovetailed by an even bigger effort to have states secede from the union, a move denounced by the establishment media as unpatriotic yet labeled by Congressman Ron Paul yesterday as an “important” constitutional principle that the founders believed in.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...asons/cpk4V6zK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 12:40 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Talking Oh boy!

More RWNJ crackpottery.

Please get back to us with regular updates.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:44 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
I said it before and I'll say it again.

I would love to see the looks on conservative's faces when they announce the next president of the United States of America, Joe Biden!

Old 11-17-2012, 03:44 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,205 times
It's deja vu all over again.
Remember the 8 years they spent on Whitewater and Monica Lewinski? End result: Bill Clinton is arguably the most popular living President; far surpassing either G.H.W. or G.W. Bush. Obama is a young guy too, he'll be campaigning for the Democratic presidential nominee in the 2032 election

Old 11-17-2012, 03:54 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,366,552 times
It's what conservatives do best. When they lose, to save face, they try and disgrace the winner with bull$*#% they pulled out of their ar$es.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:45 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,761,499 times
Just stop it. Seriously.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:56 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Let's take a look at the 4 reasons fo impeachment in the petition:

1. He proclaimed war in libya without getting congress approval first. Article I, Section 8- Only congress can approve to start war.

By law, any President can declare a military action for up to 9 weeks without congressional approval. Past that, the military action may continue while congress debates the matter. If congress does not approve, then the action must cease.

2. Obamacare is unconstitutional. Forcing US citizens to get health insurance whether they want it or not.

The law is so written as to allow any citizen who does not wish to participate can retain any health plan now in effect. The Supreme Court upheld the law, and it is constitutional. There is no force involved.

3. Obama disrespects our Constitution calling it flawed and trying to change it even after taking this oath:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States,

and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Calling the constitution flawed does not indicate to any degree that any President will fail to adhere to the oath. Obama is not the first, nor will he be the last President, to state there are flaws, but no President has ever been subject to impeachment proceedings for merely saying so.

4. Appointing agency “czars” without Senate approval.

It is with the powers of the Executive branch to create agencies and appoint directors without congressional approval. The term 'czar' for an agency director means nothing. It was invented by the press as a short way of implying a director has broad powers within the agency. The Director of the CIA, an agency that was created without congressional approval, was one of the first to be called a 'czar', over 30 years ago. The Senate has full investigative powers on the executive agencies, but it cannot prevent any President from creating one.

There is nothing in this petition that is impeachment worthy. All of the 4 elements in the petition are well within bounds both in the Constitution and in established Federal law.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:08 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
These people shouldn't be trying to impeach the lawfully elected president. They should simply self-deport.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:27 PM

552 posts, read 738,604 times
I really don't get the whole point we literally just elected this man, why would we want to impeach him after such clear support. Is it alternate reality or desperation?

Old 11-17-2012, 06:30 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
I really don't get the whole point we literally just elected this man, why would we want to impeach him after such clear support. Is it alternate reality or desperation?
Both. Also possibly self induced mental retardation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections