Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,444,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
I keep seeing internet comments in favor of a Sarah Palin Presidential run. Are you guys really conservatives or are you just liberal trolls trying to fan the fire? Why do some of you still want Sarah Palin to be President someday when it's obvious that 1) she's not qualified and 2) she's not even a genuine conservative anyways????
I don't see that "so many" people do. Her star is falling.

She is making money and that is what she wants. She is not gonna run and she knows she can't win. Being a commentator/kingmaker has given her a loyal following and safe income source even as her broader appeal has dwindled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 10:47 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,444,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
Most of the recent scuttlebutt has come from this LA Times opinion piece:

A GOP cure: Sarah Palin for president in 2016 - Los Angeles Times

...whose salient points are that Palin is hot, while Hillary looks like "Brunnhilde in a small-town Wagner production"; is "Ellen" ready and the First Dude is "View" ready; can play the troops card with Track; & of course, the clincher is that "Men love Sarah Palin, and she loves men."
I actually read the same article today at work and said, "I can't believe someone got paid to write this." It was so divorced from reality. It was clear back in 2010 that she wasn't gonna run in 2012, and she's not gonna run in 2016. She would have no chance of winning.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:05 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,130,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
I keep seeing internet comments in favor of a Sarah Palin Presidential run. Are you guys really conservatives or are you just liberal trolls trying to fan the fire? Why do some of you still want Sarah Palin to be President someday when it's obvious that 1) she's not qualified and 2) she's not even a genuine conservative anyways????
She would be the greatest but would need a very powerful, active and complimentary in off setting talents VP
...not a quiet or absent type, She comes across to me like a women who can do quite a bit, think on her feet, great common sense, excellent communicating skills, very caring and not your usual phony politician. With these qualities she needs good dedicated and very respectful people around her....this arrangement would be good because it would be genuine...the example itself would be a step in the right direction.....and guess what, if she made a serious mistake, she would have the backbone to say it. What a difference just knowing that. Is there anyone at all, anywhere that is not completely fed up with the word salad and non-sense..?

Old 11-22-2012, 12:14 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
You can't be serious. That lady would make a good soap opera star, nothing else. Bad enough we have what we have for president but she has already proven she is not very bright.

Obama is "very bright"?

I'd like a cross-eyed drooling dumb*** to be President as long as he or she is just bright enough to understand that we cannot have annual deficits in excess of one trillion dollars year after year.

Clinton was "very bright"?

I'd vote for the same cross-eyed drooling dumb*** if he or she were just smart enough to understand that repealing Glass-Steigal (Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999) while exempting credit default swaps from regulation (Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000)and allowing financial institutions to become too large to fail (Riegle-Neal Interstate Banking and Branching Efficiency Act of 1994) is a really bad idea.

Palin clearly surpasses both Obama and Clinton.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:21 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,162,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Obama is "very bright"?

I'd like a cross-eyed drooling dumb*** to be President as long as he or she is just bright enough to understand that we cannot have annual deficits in excess of one trillion dollars year after year.

Clinton was "very bright"?

I'd vote for the same cross-eyed drooling dumb*** if he or she were just smart enough to understand that repealing Glass-Steigal (Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999) while exempting credit default swaps from regulation (Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000)and allowing financial institutions to become too large to fail (Riegle-Neal Interstate Banking and Branching Efficiency Act of 1994) is a really bad idea.

Palin clearly surpasses both Obama and Clinton.
Palin doesn't surpass Ted Nugent. Among all the recent GOP candidates, Bachmann, Santorum, Newt, Romney, etc.. Palin is the least brightest. Palin is a trash talking media hound, nothing more nothing less. She couldn't hold a candle to Richard Nixon.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:58 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,992,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I can't even tell who you're insulting. I think it's everyone. Yes!
LOL. Looney bird post for sure.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:06 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
We are pulling for her in the primary.
I'm guessing you're a Democrat?

Old 11-22-2012, 07:04 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,748,351 times
In celebration of thanksgiving (happy thanksgiving everyone!) who cannot forget our governor Palin pardoning the turkey after the 2008 elections!

Sarah Palin's turkey slaughter interview remembered | Alaska Dispatch

Old 11-22-2012, 08:14 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,571,571 times
I'm predicting that by 2016 no one will even know who Sara Palin is!!!

Old 11-22-2012, 08:44 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
You're probably right, but no one wanted her to run for President outside of her devoted fans. Her favorability polls in mid-2011 were at the bottom of the barrel, months before she finally quit flirting with the possibility of running.
I never thought she ever seriously considering running for president. Her flirtation with the office of VP revealed to her how hard it would be, and how much actual work it would entail, to hold a national office. She found being the governor of a sparsely populated state required too much of a commitment, prompting her to quit halfway through. No way would she have committed to the work and study it would have required to learn what she would have needed to in order to run for president, and especially not when there was money to be made immediately from her adoring fans. She only kept her minions believing she was considering a run to keep the money flowing for as long as possible.

Palin's 15 minutes have thankfully come and gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections