Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
This still doesn't sound just right to me. I read that there were very few electronic polling places in Ohio.
You might be wrong, my experiences are touch screens for years now, even with early voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 06:42 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
We need to ask buzzards about that. He was on the ground in Ohio w/Obama campaign to the end. NYT reader reported 200,000 provisional ballots in black districts - very doubtful those will ever be counted. Buzzards has knowledge on that issue, as well.

Rove steals elections. He always has. I'd always assumed Obama people knew this. Nonetheless, this is why the huge emphasis on turnout - to overcome the vote flipping - which has been going on for a good long while, now. There are even lawsuits on the issue.

The Free Press -- Independent News Media from Columbus, Ohio

NSA Analyst Proves GOP Is Stealing Elections | UK Progressive
Any valid provisional ballot "envelope" will be opened and the ballots counted. I expect to see the Obama margin to grow a little, most provisionals were cast by dems that either were in the wrong polling place (lots of precincts were changed or eliminated becuz of redistricting), no photo id or new registrations that didn't make the book for some reason. 25% or more may not be opened becuz of voter errors on the envelope.

I believe a good part of the state is touch screen, but it is up to each county.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Astonishing how quickly the gullible will believe "anonymous."
Rove could only dream of such power.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I think what makes this seem plausible to many people is the reaction Rove had when he learned Romney lost Ohio. He looked positively incredulous--he simply could not believe it. While I have serious reservations about the "anonymous" allegations that Rove tried to steal the election, I do think Rove was so confident the count was wrong because he had bought and paid for Ohio, and was furious that the voters "stole" what, in his mind, he rightfully owned.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:31 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,863,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I think what makes this seem plausible to many people is the reaction Rove had when he learned Romney lost Ohio. He looked positively incredulous--he simply could not believe it. While I have serious reservations about the "anonymous" allegations that Rove tried to steal the election, I do think Rove was so confident the count was wrong because he had bought and paid for Ohio, and was furious that the voters "stole" what, in his mind, he rightfully owned.
He was pretty much disorientated when he realized Romney was losing. He was delusional to think he had a chance at that point. So, I would not be surprised if the allegations are true. What a piece of shhhh...

Old 11-20-2012, 10:14 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
And how curious that Ohio apparently experienced server problems at 11 PM; the same problem that occurred around the same time in 2004! If any of this is true, it would be a fitting end to "turd blossom" and the current GOP cesspool...

Old 11-20-2012, 11:29 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
If Anonymous releases its files to Wikileaks, we will all be able to read them for ourselves. Of course, a person will have to know how to read and interpret all the hackerese and understand all the internet source stuff.
The FBI has plenty of folks who understand all that, so we will just have to wait and see what develops. So far, Anonymous has not bragged about anything that they didn't accomplish.

If it all proves to be true, how ironic is it that a bunch of vigilante hackers saved us from a fraudulent election? At any rate, the blossom is off the turd these days. There is an old saying among paid professional campaign advisors that there is no failure. Karl is the living proof that there is always an exception.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:36 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Depending on the three states involved, if there were only three, Obama would have won, anyway. It needed to be FL, VA and PA. Even if Rove had hacked VA, FL, and Ohio, by my reckoning Obama would have won with 270.

I believe this story. Romneys and Rove were far too certain of a win. Of course, I'd been reading Nate Silver for three months, so I thought they knew what we all knew and were just bluffing. So surprised to learn they actually believed what they were saying.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:34 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
If Anonymous is correct, it also reinforces the theory that Bush stole both the 2000 and 2004 elections.

In both of those elections, Karl Rove was involved.

In both of those elections, very strange results occurred in states using electronic voting systems, including Ohio and Florida.

In Ohio in 2004, it was believed that a simple database program like Microsoft Access could have easily been used to swap Kerry and Bush's final tally in the DIEBOLD GEMS election results database, and leave no trace or log of this event. Programmers proved how easy it could be done.

Below is a website I found which lists many of the election issues that occurred in Ohio in 2004:

Bloomington Peace Action Coalition

Here were a few mentioned:

Quote:
High-tech vote fraud: A law suit filed by Clifford Arnebeck (who has worked for many years with Common Cause) charges that at least 130,656 votes were removed from John Kerry’s tally and added to George Bush’s vote total via high-tech means. Is this really possible? Actually, it is easy. Cell phone technology can be used to alter votes in optical scan readers. A hacker could also dial in via modem to theWindows-based PC’s that tabulate votes from optical scan, punch card, and touchscreen voting systems. After connecting to the computer they could easily alter the candidate totals in the Microsoft Access database.
I also remember this "supposed" terrorist threat which barred Reporters from observing the election counts in one Ohio County in 2004:

Quote:
Warren County Lockdown May Have Enabled High-Tech Vote Fraud: According to Representative John Conyer’s letter to Kenneth Blackwell (12/2), on election night, Warren County locked down its administration building and barred reporters from observing the counting. When that decision was questioned, County officials claimed they were responding to a terrorist threat that ranked “10” on a scale of 1 to 10, and that this information was received from an FBI agent. Despite repeated requests, County officials have declined to name that agent, however, and the FBI has stated that they have no information about a terror threat in Warren County.
I'm hoping this "Anonymous" story results in a complete investigation into Karl Rove.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:43 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
If this is true, all involved should be hung.
<yawn> radical!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections